Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eoin Doyle is a far better player than BWP ever was, would be a very good partner for Villa.

Has 24 goals in 32 games this season.
I do think NYC's forward corps is looking better and better.

Villa
Mullins
Taylor
Shelton

potentially,
Nemec
Doyle

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Definitely looks like we will be playing attacking football. You call allow 2 goals of you're scoring 3 a game.
I'm not saying NYC's defense is weak. Its not bad. I'm concerned with depth. Getting a starting CDM would certainly make me feel a lot better. But there are worse arrangements than AJ in front of Wingert, Williams, Hernandez, Mendoza and Meara.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Yeah I wouldn't say they're weak either but it's definitely our softest spot.
By the looks of it they are going for the City style of play.

How about a 4-3-3 then with Grabavoy as a LM, Mix as a CM, potentially playing deeper and Frank as a RM?

The Villa as a LW Mullins as the Striker and Taylor as the RW to start the year.

How about a 4-3-3 then with Grabavoy as a LM, Mix as a CM, potentially playing deeper and Frank as a RM?

The Villa as a LW Mullins as the Striker and Taylor as the RW to start the year.
I think I would start Velasquez in the midfield before I would force Taylor or Mullins out there, even though I know they have done it for Revs in the past. Has Villa thrived more as a LW or as a 2-man strike team?

I think I would start Velasquez in the midfield before I would force Taylor or Mullins out there, even though I know they have done it for Revs in the past. Has Villa thrived more as a LW or as a 2-man strike team?
He has thrived in any system he's played in.
Up front with Silva in the 10 (Valencia)
False 9 (Spain)
Left wing (Barcelona)
Up front with a strike partner (Atletico, Gijon, Zaragoza)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...frank-lampard-in-new-york-city-30953443.html?

In demand Eoin Doyle would "jump at the chance" of joining Frank Lampard in New York City

Dubliner Doyle bagged his 25th goal of the season today in Chesterfield’s 2-2 draw with Doncaster while his late pass to set up Jimmy Ryan’s equaliser was his 13th assist this campaign.

And the former Shamrock Rovers and Sligo Rovers striker could be rubbing shoulders with Frank Lampard and David Villa next season after the American side made an offer to Chesterfield.

However, Independent.ie understands that New York will have to increase their bid by nearly 50pc to land their man.

The Americans work to very strict budgets and to match Doyle’s wages, they can only offer a smaller fee to Chesterfield. But sources have confirmed that the deal is still very much on the cards.

New York are pondering upping their bid for Doyle or delving into the South American market, where they have targeted a prominent striker who is available on a free transfer, meaning they could offer the player higher wages.

Sheffield United are also keen to land the Dubliner before Monday night’s transfer deadline but should New York City increase their bid, Doyle would jump at the chance to play Stateside.

"The MLS would be very appealing to Eoin. He recently became a father and is settled now but a move to New York is something he would jump on," said a friend of Doyle's.

If people could resist the urge to comment on Lampard being mentioned in that article, that would also be nice.

Wouldn't his transfer fee make him a DP?
And the almighty City Football Group outbid by Sheffield United? Surely you jest!

Reactions: Paul
I wonder who the prominent SA striker is they reference.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.