Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was told continuously by his camp not to come the the US.
Bummer. Thanks for the info.

I really liked Doyle's video - I think he would have been a great pair for Villa. Mullins is a guy who I think can develop into a really nice MLS player, but I'm not sure he's ready for prime time on a game-to-game basis quite yet. I know we're forward heavy, but a guy who can pounce on space Villa creates would be a huge asset for the club. Hoping we can pull off a surprise here.

Anybody want to venture a guess as to who the player might be who will have us delving into the South American market, where they have targeted a prominent striker who is available on a free transfer?

Reactions: Kjbert
Where are our South American experts??!!!
movie-facial-hair-ron-burgundy-anchorman-square-w352.jpg

Anybody want to venture a guess as to who the player might be who will have us delving into the South American market, where they have targeted a prominent striker who is available on a free transfer?
Checking Transfermarkt for forwards on expiring contracts in South America.

Here's a list:

Centre Forwards
  • Paolo Guerrero, 31, plays for Corinthians in Brazil.
  • Eduardo, 31, plays for Flamengo in Brazil.
  • Dagoberto, 31, plays for Cruzeiro in Brazil.
  • Marcelo Moreno, 27, plays for Gremio in Brazil
  • Guilherme, 26, plays for Atletico-MG in Brazil
  • Luis Fabiano, 34, plays for Sao Paolo in Brazil

And that's what they've got right now. Did not find anything for South American leagues not in Brazil, so I can't say much beyond that. That doesn't mean we're looking at any of those guys, but as far as guys on expired/expiring deals out of South America that would require a bigger contract, that's your list.

I'm guessing we'd not sign any of the guys over 30, so Moreno and Guilherme could be decent guesses pulled out of thin air, assuming that statement is taken at face value.

Edit: Assuming we're playing a 4-4-2, so I looked at just strikers and not wingers

Edit 2: Would also add these guys have currently expired deals - the guys above are just expiring within the next six months.

ilXjEec.png

vJ3bQ0f.png

Last edited:
Checking Transfermarkt for forwards on expiring contracts in South America.

Here's a list:

Centre Forwards
  • Paolo Guerrero, 31, plays for Corinthians in Brazil.
  • Eduardo, 31, plays for Flamengo in Brazil.
  • Dagoberto, 31, plays for Cruzeiro in Brazil.
  • Marcelo Moreno, 27, plays for Gremio in Brazil
  • Guilherme, 26, plays for Atletico-MG in Brazil
  • Luis Fabiano, 34, plays for Sao Paolo in Brazil

And that's what they've got right now. Did not find anything for South American leagues not in Brazil, so I can't say much beyond that. That doesn't mean we're looking at any of those guys, but as far as guys on expired/expiring deals out of South America that would require a bigger contract, that's your list.

I'm guessing we'd not sign any of the guys over 30, so Moreno and Guilherme could be decent guesses pulled out of thin air, assuming that statement is taken at face value.

Edit: Assuming we're playing a 4-4-2, so I looked at just strikers and not wingers

Edit 2: Would also add these guys have currently expired deals - the guys above are just expiring within the next six months.

ilXjEec.png

vJ3bQ0f.png

As bad as he performed in the world cup, Fred would be awesome.

Someone just went all in on Di Natale: http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/mls-club-makes-huge-offer-to-di-natale-the-situation/

In the last few minutes of the Italian transfer window, an MLS club made a huge offer to Di Natale. The Udinese striker was offered 8 million after taxes for two seasons. The name of the team that made the offer has yet to be revealed but Di Natale is considering it.

Seems like a desperation move for someone. That's a ton of money for him. I'll be a little disappointed if it's us, but at the same time if the checkbook is deep, at least we are still bringing in talent.

It better not be fucking us. We're getting really deep at FW and him on that salary doesn't do a fucking thing for us.

He has thrived in any system he's played in.
Up front with Silva in the 10 (Valencia)
False 9 (Spain)
Left wing (Barcelona)
Up front with a strike partner (Atletico, Gijon, Zaragoza)

He played centre in a front three with Mata and Silva at Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.