Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing on twitter from France based accounts, that apparently we're talking to Hatem Ben Arfa for a 6 month contract since he's banned in Europe. For all I know it might be because he's ineligible for Nice and they figure he can play in MLS AND NYCFC is like the "club buying everyone" now.

I'm seeing on twitter from France based accounts, that apparently we're talking to Hatem Ben Arfa for a 6 month contract since he's banned in Europe. For all I know it might be because he's ineligible for Nice and they figure he can play in MLS AND NYCFC is like the "club buying everyone" now.
He would be fantastic, and if it's only 6 months then couldn't we have him as a DP and then replace him with Lampard when he joins up? He's better than Giovinco.

It wouldn't be out of the question to sign him under the cap as it's a short term thing and Hatem doesn't have many options.

I hope his fitness has improved. If we could somehow sign him right under the cap especially with the new CBA, it could be a nice steal. And 6 is short enough that if he starts being a poor locker room presence, we can send him back to Europe.

Btw - Ale Bedoya off the board. Signed a contract extension yesterday.

Reactions: Kubah
I would welcome the move. It would only be a short term contract and since he has no other options it gives him enough incentive to behave.

He would be fantastic, and if it's only 6 months then couldn't we have him as a DP and then replace him with Lampard when he joins up? He's better than Giovinco.

It wouldn't be out of the question to sign him under the cap as it's a short term thing and Hatem doesn't have many options.

Loan players' full salaries at the parent club count against the cap, so there's no question of him not being a DP.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would love this move. We need some help at wing and he's certainly very talented. Even if it were for 6 months it would give us time until we can find a long term solution whether that is a younger player on the roster or during the summer transfer window.

Looks like he's in the penalty box until July according to Nick.

Just saw over on FB, Jovetic was left off MCFC's CL roster. Anybody want to read anything into that?
They have Bony. Either him or Dzeko are gone this summer.
I wanted NYC to exchange Lampard for Jovetic since December, Jovetic is he want to come to MLS is a DP and would help put NYC over the top, I believe he is 26. That would be a great pick up for the local team.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
It's based upon their foreign player restriction for violating FFP. In any event I'm not sure a player like Jovetic would want to be dissed by MC and then agree to play for NYCFC. He's great, but also banged up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.