Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zlatan would be a great player for any club. I have to wonder, though, just how much he would end up hogging the ball in a league where he would be justified in believing that the players around him are not up to his standard. I can't see him being willing to pass to any member of the midfield if he wasn't confident of them keeping possession for him.

Zlatan would be a great player for any club. I have to wonder, though, just how much he would end up hogging the ball in a league where he would be justified in believing that the players around him are not up to his standard. I can't see him being willing to pass to any member of the midfield if he wasn't confident of them keeping possession for him.
You ha e just explained why I wouldn't be excited to have him on my team.

Zlatan is an awesome player but is also a huge dick. A funny one at times, but still a dick. Wouldn't work well with the philosophy of the club.

I think Zlatan being a "dick" is blown out of proportion. He has been a stand up professional at every club he has been at. He is quite arrogant, and funny, but not in the same way as someone like Balotelli who is more of a trouble maker. Back in 2012 Mourinho even called him the best professional in the game.

Yeah I don't understand that Puyol rumor. Guy is old, his knees are shot, and he was retired. NYCFC needs to stay away like he is the plague. On Ibrahimovic, I feel that if you have the opportunity to sign him you do it. He's worth signing for his profile alone, think of all the jerseys he'll sell and the boost in attendance he could bring. On the pitch I'm confident he could dominate against MLS defenses, he and David Villa would be the most feared attacking partnership in the league.

He's only 33. If you have an opportunity to sign Ibra, you pull the trigger. If you're going to sign someone on the wrong side of 30, it better be someone like Ibra. Not no fucking Cripples Puyol.

THIS

Yeah I don't understand that Puyol rumor. Guy is old, his knees are shot, and he was retired. NYCFC needs to stay away like he is the plague. On Ibrahimovic, I feel that if you have the opportunity to sign him you do it. He's worth signing for his profile alone, think of all the jerseys he'll sell and the boost in attendance he could bring. On the pitch I'm confident he could dominate against MLS defenses, he and David Villa would be the most feared attacking partnership in the league.

AND THIS.......

King Zlatan has been my dream signing since day one. Him and David Villa up top would basically be cheating. Even some top teams in Europe don't have a striker duo that good.
I don't think that'd be a problem. He was surrounded by crap his last season at Milan, and he wasn't like that at all. He's actually very creative for a striker and was the reason why terrible players like Nocerino did so well when he was on the team.

King Zlatan has been my dream signing since day one. Him and David Villa up top would basically be cheating. Even some top teams in Europe don't have a striker duo that good.

I don't think that'd be a problem. He was surrounded by crap his last season at Milan, and he wasn't like that at all. He's actually very creative for a striker and was the reason why terrible players like Nocerino did so well when he was on the team.
Can Velasquez, Mix or Calle provide the service that Zlatan needs? Seriously, doesn't Zlatan really need at least a very good MLS playmaker like RSL's Morales, or Whitecaps' Pedro or even a NE's Lee Nguyen to really work right? I think this is the problem for Villa now as it is.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Can Velasquez, Mix or Calle provide the service that Zlatan needs? Seriously, doesn't Zlatan really need at least a very good MLS playmaker like RSL's Morales, or Whitecaps' Pedro or even a NE's Lee Nguyen to really work right? I think this is the problem for Villa now as it is.
Yes they can when they get used to playing with each other. Give them time

Reactions: Golazo
I know many of you want to forget Lampard but sort of an important component of any hypothetical midfield to be working with a potential Zlatan acquisition , no?

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Ibra is the type of striker that can create for himself. That's what he had to do at Milan because the entire midfield was beyond terrible. There were even some games at both Inter Milan and PSG where things weren't going well, but Ibra would pretty much win the match on his own. He's just an all around complete player.

Last edited:
I know many of you want to forget Lampard but sort of an important component of any hypothetical midfield to be working with a potential Zlatan acquisition , no?
I don't know if I am forgetting Lampard. Is he the type of midfielder that feeds CFs? I always thought of him as a non-playmaker type.

But yeah, if there was forward in the world that didn't need help it might be Zlatan. Imagine him in NYC....

Reactions: Kjbert
Would he even want to come here? I feel like he only wants to come to this country for a vacation not really to play at least not till he feels like he is done.

Would I want him now ? sure. but I don't think he will come now.

If we get big nose we will never win the Concacaf Champions League look at his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.