Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the real need is someone who can play beside Mix and make that cutting run into the offensive third. We saw some play yesterday where the ball made its way through the middle, but spacing was poor. Villa can make those runs and get behind the defense, but I'd like another shifty forward who can slip and slide around. Who that could be beats me. Without Villa, the offense just looked clammy and uncomfortable. One more offensive playmaker, so some of the less-skilled mids and defenders don't have to track so far up and struggle to get back (look at you, Jeb).

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
If you're going to link that blog, the least you could do is quote the article so we don't have to click on it.

I feel dirty enough if I check big soccer on occasion just to see what the rest of the league are saying about us. I'm not sure I want to check out what Jersey are saying lol.

I totally think we are going to get a Manchester academy product for the most important need on this team... goalkeeper.
I think Saunders has played extremely well and with Ryan M coming back soon I don't really think we are struggling at goalie. However, our midfield/defense needs some help

Reactions: Kjbert
Looks like Kreis was targeting another Colombian player

I wonder how recent "recently" was.

I'm happy to hear we are looking into younger DPs. That said, I'm surprised he turned down a multi-million dollar offer, because it's a large amount for not a sure thing. He did a stint with Chievo Verona in Serie A but scored just 4 goals in 13 appearances over a year and a half before going back to Columbia. Good career, not great, and not likely to get significantly better.

I had a thought that.... What if NYC goes after one of the bigger-name Asian players. There are a few in Germany that'd be worth DP money. And we've seen how Asian players have been welcomed in NY before. Joo-Ho Park in Mainz, someone of that nature, would bring in a ton of extra supporters, as well as help the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.