Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through at targets, and maybe he's a little older than most of us would like as a DP, but Joleon Lescott has the City connection and is well within their price range. At 32, he's still probably got another 3-4 serviceable years left. He just doesn't really seem like a New York guy, though.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Just wondering who could be the 3rd DP????? Xavi has been linked in the past but apparently he has signed a pre agreement to go play in Qatar

Which Premier League players could be realistic targets??????

Xavi to Qatar not a done deal apparently.
At this point I am getting tired of Xavi he's starting to get a Lampard vibe to him.. coming... going... coming... going...

6371390.gif

I think that's keeping it kind of narrow minded, and limiting NYCFC to who it should sign. Everyone under the sun should be looked at, if they want to.
Of course, I absolutely agree, but the Group is obviously more educated on "known" players who have played for them before, which would make them easier targets and probably more open to the move if they have a good relationship with CFG. I'm all for making NYCFC one of the more diverse teams in the league -- with so many cultures mashed within the City, it'd make for a neat squad. But, you're right, gotta look everywhere for talent.

Why does it need to be a Premier League player?

Ohhhh I generally ask that as I live in England and I could give a decent report and view on any players being linked to NYCFC from their, tbh it could be anyone personally, I hope it someone who can make a great contribution and after the Lampard farce it be better to get it sorted properly this time, I think it be round this summer they make the signing

Personally who would everyone like it to be?????

I think that's keeping it kind of narrow minded, and limiting NYCFC to who it should sign. Everyone under the sun should be looked at, if they want to.
I think it is probably just how it works, though. Ofcourse they will want to take any players that can help the team, but the people scouting often go through their own connections and look for players they're familiar with.

Well, presumably it'd be someone with CFG connections -- or someone who played with the player.

I'm not convinced. David Villa had vague CFG connections (let's face it, when players sign for a team and say they know the people there, it's not usually because they played at a team the CEO was at, several years ago...and even then, Soriano is not based in NYC to see anything of Villa) but Lampard had no CFG connection whatsoever. I don't think that DPs have to be limited by having previous links to CFG. The Xavi rumour has blown that idea out of proportion. It just doesn't make sense for CFG to artificially restrict themselves like that.

The talk seems to be he's going everywhere and nowhere

And its Hi-Ho Dani Alves
Everywhere you go there's aggro.
I see your boots are shining.
but i'll not make a fuss
that much is obvious

or for Frankie

You never seen a salad, that's why your fat,
you wobble like a jelly and your arse is so fat.
Your out of breath just talkin', too fat to shag,
you can't see your feet from your belly,
your a big fat slag,
and it's hi ho you fat bastard,
you ate all the pies now baby,
you've never seen a salad,
and i wont make a fuss
though it's obvious.

(Sung by a local non league team to anyone larger than a rake.
With the singers, not a one under 200 pound, irony eh!)

Brad Wright Phillips
as a hello

He misses on the left side, he misses on the right
and when drinks his red bull, he's a load of shite
and its Hi Ho Brad Wright Phillips
Now he is all alone,
Henry's gone back home,
and he'll not score a goal
but i wont make a fuss
that much is obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.