Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has unfinished business in Europe, can see him having one last shot in Europe most likely somewhere like Turkey or maybe even Italy again

oh deff. But would be nice if we could splash some cash instead of getting dps on the free. I think if we offered the right amount of money than MAYBE. But I can see him heading to inter milan.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Didier Drogba is the perfect player for the MLS. I know Nemec brings size, but there's really no comparison. I also think Khiry could learn a lot from him and Frank already has the experience. No defender in the MLS is slowing Drogba down and he would change our entire attack at the end of games if he were to sub in for David from the 70-80th.

Struggled against physical defenders against QPR. Would still like to see him in MLS.
I actually think Drogba still bullies big defenders, as he did against QPR. His problem is his legs are gone and he doesn't have the speed he had to run in behind, or run at all. He was still a major help on defense and bullied players all over the field.

With that said, I would bet that he is going to retire after this season and most likely help Chelsea out in a coaching role.

Reactions: shane88
I actually think Drogba still bullies big defenders, as he did against QPR. His problem is his legs are gone and he doesn't have the speed he had to run in behind, or run at all. He was still a major help on defense and bullied players all over the field.

With that said, I would bet that he is going to retire after this season and most likely help Chelsea out in a coaching role.

Have to agree, can see him be given a ambassador role and a coaching job coaching the forwards

Sounds perfect for us. We are absolutely lacking one more over-the-hill pair of pre-arthritic hips to lock in that Slowest Team in MLS status. From your report, sounds like we've found our man. Let's hope we can lock him up and prove for fact that it's possible to play first division football without a single player capable of breaking a brisk trot.

I don;t know anything about this feller that can't be read on his wiki page ... mainly that he's won a lot over the years ... a lot of years ... he's 36 ... still has good hair though

So you're telling me there's not a single under 36 yr old DM that we could get on a DP salary? Fuck is CFG for then?
Like who? What young, in their prime DMs are lining up to come to MLS? Its not always about the money, you think Villa couldn't have gotten more in Europe or the middle east? He came because he wanted a new challenge. Players have to want to come here, throwing the bank at them only gets you so far.

Reactions: Kjbert
Like who? What young, in their prime DMs are lining up to come to MLS? Its not always about the money, you think Villa couldn't have gotten more in Europe or the middle east? He came because he wanted a new challenge. Players have to want to come here, throwing the bank at them only gets you so far.
Could he have, though?
I haven't heard much talk about his wages, but from what I've read about Kaka and Giovinco they're getting paid a lot more here than anywhere else would offer them.

Could he have, though?
I haven't heard much talk about his wages, but from what I've read about Kaka and Giovinco they're getting paid a lot more here than anywhere else would offer them.

I have read that Giovinco is the highest-paid Italian player in the world, meaning that he gets more than all Italian players in Serie A, and all Italian players in any other league, such as Mario Balotelli.

Who wouldn't if they're paid better than anywhere else?

Well, the highest possible salary is not always a player's only consideration. It is well established that the Montreal Expos offered Reggie Jackson more than the Yankees did in 1977; yet Reggie chose to come here. The Qatari league has probably on several occasions offered deals to players that other teams could not match in terms of money, only to be turned down; and I would bet that MLS teams have done the same. If the money amongst several offers is close, there are sometimes other factors which could lead a player to take a job that is not the absolute highest paying.

Well, the highest possible salary is not always a player's only consideration. It is well established that the Montreal Expos offered Reggie Jackson more than the Yankees did in 1977; yet Reggie chose to come here. The Qatari league has probably on several occasions offered deals to players that other teams could not match in terms of money, only to be turned down; and I would bet that MLS teams have done the same. If the money amongst several offers is close, there are sometimes other factors which could lead a player to take a job that is not the absolute highest paying.
Well yeah, but money usually talks. The Qatari example is probably because people don't want to live in the Middle East, regardless of how much they're paid.. I know I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.