Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, but money usually talks. The Qatari example is probably because people don't want to live in the Middle East, regardless of how much they're paid.. I know I wouldn't.

I wouldn't, either (despite the fact that I love the heat). So, this answers your question "Who wouldn't [take a job] if they're paid better than anywhere else?" It's easy to imagine questions such as lifestyle, climate, quality of the league, endorsement possibilities, and other personal preferences taking precedence over the highest possible salary.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I wouldn't, either (despite the fact that I love the heat). So, this answers your question "Who wouldn't [take a job] if they're paid better than anywhere else?" It's easy to imagine questions such as lifestyle, climate, quality of the league, endorsement possibilities, and other personal preferences taking precedence over the highest possible salary.
Exactly. CFG might be able to pay the most but they're not gonna blow every other offer out of the water.

Like who? What young, in their prime DMs are lining up to come to MLS? Its not always about the money, you think Villa couldn't have gotten more in Europe or the middle east? He came because he wanted a new challenge. Players have to want to come here, throwing the bank at them only gets you so far.
So under 36 automatically = in their prime? I've mentioned DDR multiple times. He's 34 not in his prime but at least we'll get 2 years ish out of him. We're already stuck with 37 year old Frank Lampard. We'd get a year at best with that midfield.

Ok, are there any other Giovincos out there? When are we gonna realize that word class players in their prime aren't coming to MLS soon?
There are plenty on players <30 who would come to MLS on the type of wage we're paying Villa.

It's impossible to predict which players would be willing to come here but players like Alessio Cerci (Atletico, 27), Jonathan Soriano (Red Bull Salzburg, 29), Diego Perotti (Genoa, 26), Adrian Ramos (Borussia Dortmund, 29), Marko Marin (Chelsea, 26), Vladimir Weiss (Lekhwiya, 25), Michu (29, Swansea), Victor Ibarbo (Roma, 24), Luiz Adriano (Shakhtar Donetsk, 28), Omar Abdulrahman (Al Ain, 23) and Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina, 28 - Also born in NJ) and the likes should be the players we are looking for as our 3rd DP.

Of course we're not going to be able to attract Europe's finest at 26/27 or players who are happy and playing regularly in Europe, but don't forget we have a lot of pull. New York is a massive factor, they have all seen Woody Allen films, they have all watched Friends. Most players would love to live in New York, on a large wage, playing with David Villa and Lampard (You know, eventually).

Tymoshchuk is a good player, but I would rather we look at players a little younger than that.

Reactions: Kjbert
The first 11 is already slow enough as is. Especially in the midfield. This team is in desperate need for more runners like Shelton. A 36 year old isn't going to help much right now.

So under 36 automatically = in their prime? I've mentioned DDR multiple times. He's 34 not in his prime but at least we'll get 2 years ish out of him. We're already stuck with 37 year old Frank Lampard. We'd get a year at best with that midfield.
De Rossi is 31 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Toe and Paul
There are plenty on players <30 who would come to MLS on the type of wage we're paying Villa.

It's impossible to predict which players would be willing to come here but players like Alessio Cerci (Atletico, 27), Jonathan Soriano (Red Bull Salzburg, 29), Diego Perotti (Genoa, 26), Adrian Ramos (Borussia Dortmund, 29), Marko Marin (Chelsea, 26), Vladimir Weiss (Lekhwiya, 25), Michu (29, Swansea), Victor Ibarbo (Roma, 24), Luiz Adriano (Shakhtar Donetsk, 28), Omar Abdulrahman (Al Ain, 23) and Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina, 28 - Also born in NJ) and the likes should be the players we are looking for as our 3rd DP.

Of course we're not going to be able to attract Europe's finest at 26/27 or players who are happy and playing regularly in Europe, but don't forget we have a lot of pull. New York is a massive factor, they have all seen Woody Allen films, they have all watched Friends. Most players would love to live in New York, on a large wage, playing with David Villa and Lampard (You know, eventually).

Cerci is with Milan. Rossi?? he's still injured and hasn't played in a while, and he's a forward, not what this team needs.

I have read that Giovinco is the highest-paid Italian player in the world, meaning that he gets more than all Italian players in Serie A, and all Italian players in any other league, such as Mario Balotelli.

Yes and no, people need to keep in mind that in Italy all salaries are reported as net. So while Giovinco is getting a lot of money in MLS, someone like De Rossi who's making $6 million is actually making $12, he's just bringing home $6 million and that's how they report it.

we lack speed on the wings

We lack everything, we're an expansion team. The only starter quality talent we have on the team is Villa and Mix, and possibly Hernandez and Saunders who have been in good form. Literally every other position could use an upgrade.

I don't really care what position our next DP is, I just want him to be younger than 32.

What about Tranquillo Barnetta from Schalke, he is out of a contract this year and we could pick him up on a free transfer. He's also on the Swiss National team and a very versatile player; I think he is only 29 or 30 so he should have a lot left in his tank!

Reactions: BxLio91
Status
Not open for further replies.