Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty on players <30 who would come to MLS on the type of wage we're paying Villa.

It's impossible to predict which players would be willing to come here but players like Alessio Cerci (Atletico, 27), Jonathan Soriano (Red Bull Salzburg, 29), Diego Perotti (Genoa, 26), Adrian Ramos (Borussia Dortmund, 29), Marko Marin (Chelsea, 26), Vladimir Weiss (Lekhwiya, 25), Michu (29, Swansea), Victor Ibarbo (Roma, 24), Luiz Adriano (Shakhtar Donetsk, 28), Omar Abdulrahman (Al Ain, 23) and Giuseppe Rossi (Fiorentina, 28 - Also born in NJ) and the likes should be the players we are looking for as our 3rd DP.

Of course we're not going to be able to attract Europe's finest at 26/27 or players who are happy and playing regularly in Europe, but don't forget we have a lot of pull. New York is a massive factor, they have all seen Woody Allen films, they have all watched Friends. Most players would love to live in New York, on a large wage, playing with David Villa and Lampard (You know, eventually).

Do you really think that 26 year old european players have seen friends? I always imagine them in a hot tub full of international models.

Yes and no, people need to keep in mind that in Italy all salaries are reported as net. So while Giovinco is getting a lot of money in MLS, someone like De Rossi who's making $6 million is actually making $12, he's just bringing home $6 million and that's how they report it.

Ah yes Europe. love their system. This is why I measure my distance training in kilometres and my weight in kilos.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Here is a name. I want us to pick up morris next year in the draft. Watching him right now playing against Mexico on the national team I am very impressed. He has pace for days!

Reactions: Jack
What did I say? I totally was calling him standing out in this game before that goal! And fuck the Sounders we will buy his rights just like we bought Poku's from them
I'll give you 2-1 odds we don't. It's not like they haven't tried to sign him. He's rich already. Short of making him a DP, he has no incentive to sign with them right now.

He'll be a sounder or in European footy somewhere. Kid has strength and a touch of ability. He's not a secret. Klinsy didn't dig him up. He's been a well known talent for years and has consistently turned down pro contracts. I think you're just being wishful, and I appreciate that. But I've also determined that it's better to nip these things in the bud before they take on SSS in Central Park status.

And anyway, we should steal TomThom since dickface kinnear won't use him. He's exactly the type of guy we need in place of Seba/Ballouchy. And he's got style and charisma for days.

His contract expires this summer and he's only 30 years old. He once was considered one of the brightest young talents in Italy before injuries hindered his career. But he's been injury free for the most part of the last 2-3 seasons and has been pretty good for Fiorentina. Good long passer that would definitely bring some much needed creativity to the midfield.

Reactions: sbrylski
Aquilani would be a perfect fit. Acceptable age and versatile enough to thrive in the diamond in any one of the forward three roles. He and Mix would run an amazing midfield if they can also find a nice CDM to play behind them.

Can he backtrack?

The sources I just read stated he can play anything from a holding midfield position to a center attacking mid, or even wide. I don't consider the description of "holding mid" to be analogous to "defensive mid."

Villa and Nemec up top, Lampard as CAM because he's too old to track back, Mix and Aquilani in the middle running all over the pitch, and De Jong destroying anyone that tries to take away possession from our midfield.

That's with a 4th DP introduced. Otherwise, just cut Lampard :) .

What if they just buy Calle in the summer and he's oir 3rd DP. How would you guys feel about that?

PS I think a 4th DP will be introduced for NEXT season

What if they just buy Calle in the summer and he's oir 3rd DP. How would you guys feel about that?

I could see it happening either way. The roster rules for 2015 haven't even been determined yet. There's nothing preventing it from being included in this update, which should come any day now. If there are some teams pushing to sign 4th DP's in the summer window, I don't see why they would wait.

As for Calle, with the way he's played so far, absolutely not. It's a long season, he may settle in and start playing better. But if you had to make the call now, you absolutely send him back to South America.

Cerci is with Milan. Rossi?? he's still injured and hasn't played in a while, and he's a forward, not what this team needs.
Cerci is on loan at Milan from Atleti.
And these aren't necessarily genuine options, just some examples to give you the general idea of players we could be looking at.

Cerci is on loan at Milan from Atleti.
And these aren't necessarily genuine options, just some examples to give you the general idea of players we could be looking at.
Given the effort demonstrated thus far by management, I'm sure Peter Crouch is high up the list.

I'm just sick with our management and coaching and players except for a handful.

With a re-boot, I'd keep Mix, Poku, Shelton and Villa in that order. Saunders has been good. I'm still not sure he is good. Mullins is also likely good value for money.

Everyone else would be on the chopping block.

Given the effort demonstrated thus far by management, I'm sure Peter Crouch is high up the list.

I'm just sick with our management and coaching and players except for a handful.

With a re-boot, I'd keep Mix, Poku, Shelton and Villa in that order. Saunders has been good. I'm still not sure he is good. Mullins is also likely good value for money.

Everyone else would be on the chopping block.
Saunders is certainly good enough to keep a squad place, but I agree that he may not be starting material.
Calle also looks talented. Williams, Hernandez and Jacobson are at the very least solid squad players. Nemec should be dropped from the starting XI but could still give us an decent plan B. For me:

Keep: Saunders, Johansen*, Williams, Hernandez, John*, Mendoza*, Calle, Jacobson, Mix, Poku, Shelton, Villa, Mullins.
*At least until we've seen them play for us

Cut: Meara (loan return), Brovsky, Facey (loan return) Grabavoy, Ballouchy

Unsure: Wingert, Brandt, Velasquez, Alvarez, Dunn, McNamara, Nemec, Taylor

Saunders is certainly good enough to keep a squad place, but I agree that he may not be starting material.
Calle also looks talented. Williams, Hernandez and Jacobson are at the very least solid squad players. Nemec should be dropped from the starting XI but could still give us an decent plan B. For me:

Keep: Saunders, Johansen*, Williams, Hernandez, John*, Mendoza*, Calle, Jacobson, Mix, Poku, Shelton, Villa, Mullins.

You're right, of course. I just shorthanded my thought by saying "on the choping block" - meaning that they are all expendable, not necessarily cut them outright tomorrow. A more thoughtful and properly categorized list from me would look pretty much the same as yours.

Reactions: kun

Waste of a DP on Calle. Who says their going to 4 DPs? This the same people who were telling us the cap was going to triple? :(

Reactions: doctorhoosier

Brovsky is a fan favorite and brings energy, Ned is 2nd captain and Ballouchy gave us 1/3 of our home goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.