Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a name. I want us to pick up morris next year in the draft. Watching him right now playing against Mexico on the national team I am very impressed. He has pace for days!
Morris has turned down an offer from Seattle to graduate from college first. He also has said many times that he wants to compete in Europe after college.

From the looks of it we need a goal scorer besides Villa especially since he's been having those hamstring issues lately.
I say bring an experienced forward (as our 3rd DP) who's contract is coming to an end in June with Bayern Munich after only playing about 250 minutes this season, that man is Claudio Pizarro. He speaks English, has ties with the league and btw was once linked to the league after several reports surfaced that he had offers from an MLS team. This guy can definitely still play and is a top notch goal scorer just what the team needs. Nemec especially and now Mullins after his second start both showed that they're having a real tough time up front and I'm so sure Pizarro would be a great fit to the team. What do you guys think about Pizarro or overall our need of a goal scorer in the center forward position?

Would be the best player in MLS by a mile.

It's the end of April. I don't see another DP happening this season.

Would be the best player in MLS by a mile.

It's the end of April. I don't see another DP happening this season.

Since a 3rd DP would most likely come from one of the European leagues once their seasons end I think its a little early to start saying its not going to happen. After the Lampard situation my bet is they wont say a word till the next signing is a done deal and on the way. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think there is a good chance we still see a 3rd DP this year.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Since a 3rd DP would most likely come from one of the European leagues once their seasons end I think its a little early to start saying its not going to happen. After the Lampard situation my bet is they wont say a word till the next signing is a done deal and on the way. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think there is a good chance we still see a 3rd DP this year.

Don't you think there would be some smoke? Most of these guys will be done playing in 3 weeks.

Don't you think there would be some smoke? Most of these guys will be done playing in 3 weeks.
Not with our smoke-free policy! I think signing a DP this summer remains a huge favorite.

Hell, get that man a birthday tweet, put a cake on a subway car and I'm sure he'd be just as willing to half-ass it for us as he is MC.

Talk about a guy who just disappears...not a knock on his talent at all. But he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would turn up for Saturday afternoon in August at Dynamo.

That said, he might love having the chance to be a star and shoot whenever the hell he wants. If Calle has the greenlight from 35 yds, I guess Yaya would, too.

Reactions: Paul and dex
Why would anyone feel energized about the possibility of a 3rd DP? I'm as big of a brightsider as any, but there is no smoke out there. Unless you are in the FA Cup Final or Champions League, these guys are done in 30 days.

Scratch Ronaldo. Wahl just said Ronaldo says it is LA for him.

Also, Jordan Morris just got offered "one of the most lucrative hg contracts in MLS history" by Seattle and this one is apparently actually in written form and in his hands.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Scratch Ronaldo. Wahl just said Ronaldo says it is LA for him.

Also, Jordan Morris just got offered "one of the most lucrative hg contracts in MLS history" by Seattle and this one is apparently actually in written form and in his hands.

I am still learning these MLS rules. He is in college right? so doesnt he have to go thru the draft? or can that be bypassed if a club directly offers you a contract.

Reactions: Kjbert
Thinking back to the Chicharito to OCSC rumors, what about one of the bigger Mexican stars playing in NY? Mexicans come out like few others to cheer on their own. Would you hand over $10 mil for Dos Santos as a third DP? Or $6 mil for Hecor Moreno at center back? They'd probably pay for themselves in ticket sales alone.

ETA: As an avid USMNT supporter, it does make me sick to cheer for them, but they'd be incredibly valuable in the New York market.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.