Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back to the Chicharito to OCSC rumors, what about one of the bigger Mexican stars playing in NY? Mexicans come out like few others to cheer on their own. Would you hand over $10 mil for Dos Santos as a third DP? Or $6 mil for Hecor Moreno at center back? They'd probably pay for themselves in ticket sales alone.

ETA: As an avid USMNT supporter, it does make me sick to cheer for them, but they'd be incredibly valuable in the New York market.
I don't think in the past that the nationality based DPs have brought out the demographics they are intended to. Winning brings out fans. I think chicharito would only have the value that his high quality play brings. Are Slovakians flocking to YS?

While we're throwing names out there:

Why not?
Dani Alves
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Both available on a free if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think in the past that the nationality based DPs have brought out the demographics they are intended to. Winning brings out fans. I think chicharito would only have the value that his high quality play brings. Are Slovakians flocking to YS?

well not maybe not YS but there was at least one slovakian dude waving a slovakian flag in the away game at phily :D

Reactions: Kjbert
Comparing Nemec to Dos Santos or Chicharito -- and the number of Slovakians to Mexicans in the area -- is ludicrous. Completely different situations.

Why not?
Dani Alves
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

I think Alves still has too much interest from top flight teams to consider it. Huntelaar is an interesting name I haven't seen thrown out before. It would be fun to have a player from the Netherlands on the team with the history of the city. Based on the last few games we could use some more players who know how to finish and hes only 31.

Thinking back to the Chicharito to OCSC rumors, what about one of the bigger Mexican stars playing in NY? Mexicans come out like few others to cheer on their own. Would you hand over $10 mil for Dos Santos as a third DP? Or $6 mil for Hecor Moreno at center back? They'd probably pay for themselves in ticket sales alone.

ETA: As an avid USMNT supporter, it does make me sick to cheer for them, but they'd be incredibly valuable in the New York market.
I love me some Chicharito

Per Twitter, it sounds like they don't know who they are signing yet and that they want to wait until they are 20 games in to decide. By my count, 20 games in would get us to the middle of July. That makes no sense to me. At that point, you're pretty much saying you won't bring in a 3rd DP this year.

Regarding Mexican players, there are only really 3 players who would make a splash here. Chicharito, Dos Santos and Peralta. No one else interests me or the casual fan.

Per Twitter, it sounds like they don't know who they are signing yet and that they want to wait until they are 20 games in to decide. By my count, 20 games in would get us to the middle of July. That makes no sense to me. At that point, you're pretty much saying you won't bring in a 3rd DP this year.

Regarding Mexican players, there are only really 3 players who would make a splash here. Chicharito, Dos Santos and Peralta. No one else interests me or the casual fan.
It probably has more to do with players who are finishing their seasons on the FIFA calendar, allowing them to rest, then coming to the team. Which would mean it's someone who's getting good minutes wherever they are, which is obviously a good thing. Hope CFG doesn't mind writing some big checks.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
It probably has more to do with players who are finishing their seasons on the FIFA calendar, allowing them to rest, then coming to the team. Which would mean it's someone who's getting good minutes wherever they are, which is obviously a good thing. Hope CFG doesn't mind writing some big checks.

I didn't realize their agents also got good minutes. Gerrard signed in the middle of an FA Cup run before he was injured.

Why not?
Dani Alves
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Huntelaar signed a new contract until 2017, and Dani Alves to PSG is all but done if you believe the papers.

Reactions: Kjbert
Lavezzi is going to be gone from PSG this summer. Would/Could we buy him?

Status
Not open for further replies.