Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't signed the Elusive 3rd DP because the transfer window isn't open. Once it opens you'll see the soccer world go crazy and moves happening left and right. Im sure we will sign our 3rd dp then, have Lampard in the starting 11 and sign another big played like Mix under a DP salary. Im sure CFG didn't make a team for this record we have. Big things are to come, patience is whats needed.
I sure hope that you are right! :)

Reactions: Kevin
I was thinking about our third DP:

Our first DP mostly doesn't play for us.
Our second DP mostly doesn't play for MCFC.
So for our third DP maybe we should get someone who isn't that good and is sort of USL level, so he can mostly not play for the Hammerheads.
This is brilliant.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Witsel might go to Juve.

What about Adebayor. Fallen out of favor with the Spurs who will give him away for free if
You pay half his salary. 3M per year roughly. 31.
You wouldn't say this if you were a Spurs fan...or a MC fan. This guy is very expensive poison. Fortunately he burned his bridges with City even before he pissed off every manager at Spurs but Tim Sherwood. Maybe Villa should pick him up...but they won't on his wages...

Reactions: Kjbert
I hope that is one of the other 2 New York clubs. We deserve better from DP3.

What do you mean? Deserve better? I don't care how old he is...he's still better than anyone on this team, including Villa.

What do you mean? Deserve better? I don't care how old he is...he's still better than anyone on this team, including Villa.

Better than Villa based on what?
Di Natale/Villa
Age - 37/34
League goals - 242/254
International goals - 11/59
League Titles - 0/3
Champions league titles - 0/1
World Cup Championships - 0/1
UEFA Euro Championships - 0/1

We haven't signed that elusive third DP because?

I suggest a player who will actually give 100% to the club on and off the field. I'd also like someone who preferably is under the age of 30!

Reason #2- Nycfc and MC refuse to actually pay a transfer fee. So unless they are free agents, forget them.

Better than Villa based on what?
Di Natale/Villa
Age - 37/34
League goals - 242/254
International goals - 11/59
League Titles - 0/3
Champions league titles - 0/1
World Cup Championships - 0/1
UEFA Euro Championships - 0/1

Actually, Di Natale has 254 goals for Udinese, a team he's played for for a very long time. He's had offers from other bigger clubs, he turned them all down.

And it's a bit unfair to lump in CL/WL/EU titles, I mean Fernando Torres has a bunch of titles and he's crap.

Actually, Di Natale has 254 goals for Udinese, a team he's played for for a very long time. He's had offers from other bigger clubs, he turned them all down.

And it's a bit unfair to lump in CL/WL/EU titles, I mean Fernando Torres has a bunch of titles and he's crap.

I will give you the fact that the titles are a greater reflection of the team than the player and it was a bit of an over step on my part to include them for comparison purposes. Lets set aside the fact that he chose to spend his whole career with a mid/upper tier Seire A team (not holding it against him as its always admirable to see a player so devoted to a club) and just look at national team performances for comparisons then. Looking at national team goals alone I see no case that it is reasonable to claim Di Natale is even close to the player Villa is. Both play on elite national teams with world class players providing service to them in the striker position. I guess you could make a stylistic argument that Italy often plays a more defensive style that could result in less goals but its still a bit of a stretch. You can look at selections as well, find me a span of time when Di Natale was a first choice forward for Italy the way Villa was for years.

Also total agreement on Torres, crap.

Well DiNatale did play in 42 games for Italy, Villa is over 90 I believe. And DiNatale was only a starter in about half, or less than half of those games.

Still, DiNatale is a solid player, not sure if I'd want him on my team at this point though. Villa is solid too, just been a little disappointing this season.

DiNatale can still play. If it comes down to him or some random South American kid with updside...you take DiNatale. We can still make the playoffs. DiNatale scores goals. We have a problem scoring goals. I watched him score this weekend actually.

I'd like to see someone on the defensive side. There are a few guys worth looking at that have contracts ending at the end of this season.

Nigel de Jong, 30
Mathieu Flamini, 31
Ron Vlaar, 30

I'd like to see someone on the defensive side. There are a few guys worth looking at that have contracts ending at the end of this season.

Nigel de Jong, 30
Mathieu Flamini, 31
Ron Vlaar, 30

Why? We can't score.

Why? We can't score.

Because I think the goals will come. Get Villa back on the field and add Lampard to the Mix and you have a very strong offensive side. I'd like to tighten up the defense and I think someone like NdJ or Flamini could help out with that.

Reactions: leilanikali420
Status
Not open for further replies.