Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone realizes Drogba did have a considerable role on the PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS correct?

And we have 1 win in the MLS............

And I don't care if RJ Allen was more then a depth move if he is serviceable - which he looked to be last night... RB has certainly been an adventure all season

Everyone realizes Drogba did have a considerable role on the PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS correct?

And we have 1 win in the MLS............

And I don't care if RJ Allen was more then a depth move if he is serviceable - which he looked to be last night... RB has certainly been an adventure all season
Only out of complete necessity.

Reactions: edurban
So instead of getting players that could give us 4-5 years, people here want to go after names that are 36+ who are going to play for us 1.5 to 2 years at most minus at least 6 months to get used to the league. All while their legs are going. So after that repeat the cycle of going after a DP looking for a retirement check, plays for 2 years, misses shitloads of time due to injury and retires. I mean fuck building for the future right. It would make more sense if suggestions were younger South American players.

I don't want Drogba. He's not my first or second choice but are we positive he'd be a disaster in the short term? we create a ton of chances but fail to finish at an alarming rate. Has Drogba gotten so bad he wouldn't be able to finish on at least a semi consistent basis if set up regularly ?

Reactions: NYCFC3rdDP
RJ Allen is not serviceable. He turned the ball over, should have been booked 3 times and was an absolute embarrassment with the way he approached the game. At least Facey respects the game. I can't root for Allen with the way he played last night, I'm sorry. The intentional shoves have no place on a team I support.

Di Marzio is one of the (very few) truly reliable sources in European football, particularly Italy.

I, for one, don't fancy Ashley Cole here one bit tbh. He isn't going to completely reorganize our defence like a top CB could, and he's not got the legs to be a real attacking threat like someone like Dani Alves could. It's a no from me, but I think it could definitely happen.

There is a (potential) positive from this story though, as Cole's contract has over a year left to run which suggests we may be willing to pay a transfer fee (now and in future).

RJ Allen is not serviceable. He turned the ball over, should have been booked 3 times and was an absolute embarrassment with the way he approached the game. At least Facey respects the game. I can't root for Allen with the way he played last night, I'm sorry. The intentional shoves have no place on a team I support.

i loled when i saw that live and was puzzled how he did not got a yellow at the same time.

i loved him during his chelsea time. but man he will get a whole lot of crap considering the comments he made about the MLS before.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think Cole is a very interesting idea. Gives us a DP at all three levels of the field. Hopefully, he could show up around the same time as Lampard. A double boost to finish the season.

Reactions: Kjbert
So instead of getting players that could give us 4-5 years, people here want to go after names that are 36+ who are going to play for us 1.5 to 2 years at most minus at least 6 months to get used to the league. All while their legs are going. So after that repeat the cycle of going after a DP looking for a retirement check, plays for 2 years, misses shitloads of time due to injury and retires. I mean fuck building for the future right. It would make more sense if suggestions were younger South American players.

Why can't you do both? I want to win now. Good teams can do both and should plan for current AND future seasons. You can say who cares about the fair weather fans, but it doesn't help a brand new franchise to worry about the future so much. Fans are frustrated. We dominate a half and then lose. Cause we don't have a finisher. Shelton is our future maybe...but we need someone that find the back of the net...now.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Help me out here. For the money we'll pay Ca$hley, Can't we pay half of that for a younger much more mobile left back? Of all people, after his comments? Are people going to say hey, I'm going to check out NYCFC because I want to see Ca$hley play? Seems like the FO has no fucking clue.

Last edited:
Help me out here. For the money we'll pay Ca$hley, we can't pay half of that for a younger much more mobile right back. Of all people, after his comments? Are people going to say hey, I'm going to check out NYCFC because I want to see Ca$hley play? Seems like the FO has no fucking clue.

Seriously. Should I start pointing the finger at Reyna here? Who's calling the shots on these DP targets?

Cole is terrible now. He's so bad Rudi Garcia chooses to play another player that isn't even naturally a LB over him. He needs to go to China or the Middle East instead.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Status
Not open for further replies.