Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I think the goals will come. Get Villa back on the field and add Lampard to the Mix and you have a very strong offensive side. I'd like to tighten up the defense and I think someone like NdJ or Flamini could help out with that.

There's nothing we have seen to prove to me that the goals will come. We have the second fewest goals in the league. Only Montreal, who have played HALF the games we have, have fewer goals than we do.

We're literally the WORST offensive team in the league right now. I'm not saying we need to put up 4 goals a game, but right now, our favorite offensive possession is a backpass to the keeper.

So yes, I think we need a goalscorer. Even if that means Villa has to go wide left or play underneath another Striker.

Wouldn't take much to break into our fullback corps. Connor Brandt must be banging Jason's wife or something.

No offense to RJ Allen, but if he couldn't make Orlando City's 2014 USL roster, and is currently a free agent and just coaching youth ball, I think it would be a massive disaster if he were to ever find the field.

Reactions: Kjbert
No offense to RJ Allen, but if he couldn't make Orlando City's 2014 USL roster, and is currently a free agent and just coaching youth ball, I think it would be a massive disaster if he were to ever find the field.
Likely a depth move.

He started in Denmark and came back to the states after the team was relegated. Not great but he's another healthy body on the team which is good.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2012/01/12/rj-allen-monmouth-d

I have a suspicion that this move is related to the announcement coming today about 2015 roster rules. Need bodies to send to Wilmington.

Yep, that was my suspicion too. It's usually pretty telling when a club doesn't announce a transfer on their website. Generally means it's not a first team signing, and since we don't have a reserve side right now, all signs point to NC.

Seeing Cambiasso do a hell of a job for Leicester makes me SMH. We could have offered him 3 mil to run our midfield, live in NYC and build the culture of the club. Plus his experience and character would make him an invaluable locker room presence. Argentinian player, well known by Serie A fans, unlikely to extend a loan in Manchester and not a pulled quad away from retirement.

Seeing Cambiasso do a hell of a job for Leicester makes me SMH. We could have offered him 3 mil to run our midfield, live in NYC and build the culture of the club. Plus his experience and character would make him an invaluable locker room presence. Argentinian player, well known by Serie A fans, unlikely to extend a loan in Manchester and not a pulled quad away from retirement.

i agree his work ethic technique and character are admirable. him and Zanetti were fantastic in their time with Inter. at least thats how i remember it.

Getting guys olders than Villa who's already showing signs of lingering injury sure seems like an intelligent idea.
Exactly. Villa's already breaking down and Lampard is old and untested and picked up a knock in his little use at Man City. Now they want Drogba?
Its not unthinkable to think all 3 of them could be out with injuries at some point in the season..

Get a younger guy like Giovinco.

Going to be pretty tough to get a young striker but it's also obvious team is DESPERATE for a finisher - midfield is fine and actually has room to improve with Poku down the road - defense is weak but our possession game helps them - give me Drogba for a year I don't care I can't keep watching the same fruitless games ... Drogba would be a good short term option until we find the next giovinco caliber DP

As much fun as it would be to see Drogba loafing around the pitch, I would think a Charlie Austin type would be more in line with what we need. I know there will be quite a few guys looking for new homes soon because of relegation, and surely there are some good people there. A Danny Ings maybe.

Both of those guys will be in the premier league next year.

So much for all the people who thought RJ Allen was signed for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.