Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to hear how they explain this one
What's to explain? Revs either have a discovery claim on Packwood or is acquiring it and Packwood may want to go to his "hometown" Revs. Also Packwood isn't on the easy to understand Allocation List, so he's free to go where he wants.

Reactions: Kjbert
What's to explain? Revs either have a discovery claim on Packwood or is acquiring it and Packwood may want to go to his "hometown" Revs. Also Packwood isn't on the easy to understand Allocation List, so he's free to go where he wants.

Yeah I agree this one should be straight forward since he's not on the allocation list. The allocation list is now easy to understand as you point out since you are either on it or you are not on it. The thing that is still confusing is how they come up with the list and how they decide how many players it includes.

I also think the concept of both the discovery list and the allocation list makes very little sense. What are they going to do when some super high profile player on the list say Tim Howard says I want to leave Everton and come to the MLS but I will only do so if I can play for team X, if I cant play for team X I am staying in Europe. WTF is the MLS going to say, "um sorry Mr. Howard, I know people would line up to see you play and it would help our league tremendously but team X is at the bottom of this thing we invented called an allocation order so you can't go there." Same issue with this whole half baked concept of discovery players, what if you don't want to play for the team that "discovers" you? These authoritarian concepts only work when there are no other options, unfortunately for the MLS the world is filled with places for talented players to get paid to play.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
LOL alot of players linked to NYCFC. (Sighs) We don't need Casillas IMO even if this was true.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 84
Nigel is a beast and Dempsey/Martins wouldn't have been running around wild with someone like him on the pitch. I'd still prefer De Rossi.

NYCFC has no desire to spend the money on either though.

Nigel is a beast and Dempsey/Martins wouldn't have been running around wild with someone like him on the pitch. I'd still prefer De Rossi.

NYCFC has no desire to spend the money on either though.
We'll never pay insane transfer fees, but we can still be competitive with wages for players who are expecting to be in the $4-8mil range. Where MLS has failed/succeeded with these big(ger) names is giving them the market they deserve. Having the New York market as our ace in the hole compared to Columbus will be evident in the next 5 years.

Reactions: Kjbert and Sabo
Columbus is a cool little city. But I guess the perception of it in Europe is all that matters.

WOW the energy drink just input a discovery claim for kevin prince boateng... if they get him thatd be sickening... talk about Giovinco caliber DP... young attacking 28 year old

you would have to think they believe they can get him if they put a claim in for him. You can only put in so many claims at once/carry so many claims at once.

Looks like they are running a better organziation right now.

Lol you guys are getting your panties in a bunch over KPB? He's a hothead, he'll fuck up their locker room real quick.

Lol you guys are getting your panties in a bunch over KPB? He's a hothead, he'll fuck up their locker room real quick.
It all depends. People said the same thing about Tevez to Juve and Suarez to Barca. Both have worked out great.

Shit. If RBNY had SK, Sam and KPB in a 4-2-3-1, they would be stout as fuck. They have a 19 year old CB that's 2x better than anything we have at the same position. And a true DM who doesn't play half the game running around with his hands up expecting people to 40/yard diagonal runs so he can hit 30 yard diagonal passes (AHEM...Jacobsen).

Also, its worth noting, I thought Eckersley was the worst fullback on the planet up until this year. Its not my fault or Eck's that I'd never seen Brosky play.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gavin23
RedBull is better than us right now.
4a519_ORIG-leaving_with_disgust.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.