Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a huge douchebag, but Kevin Prince Boateng has been released on a free by Schalke. He'd be a huge upgrade to the offense. But like I said, he's a bit of a dick. Decent dancer though.

Last edited:
Getting a defensive midfielder who can bolster the D (or someone even further back) would be a game changer because, for example, it would almost be like we are also gaining the real Mix. If he plays where he should be playing, he's a star (or at least a very effective player) in this league. He's not a star playing out of position as it completely drains him of his true value and best attributes.

Getting a defensive midfielder who can bolster the D (or someone even further back) would be a game changer because, for example, it would almost be like we are also gaining the real Mix. If he plays where he should be playing, he's a star (or at least a very effective player) in this league. He's not a star playing out of position as it completely drains him of his true value and best attributes.

Agreed. I really want to see Mix further forward creating something on the attack. Jacboson really hasn't done enough in so far as covering up the back line and being a transitional passer. And as you said it has lead to Mix having to play in a role that is less than ideal for his skillset. He's done an admirable job though, but the team really needs his incisive passing in the final third. I'm all for a quality d-mid at this point.

What's up with Podolski?
Finally scored last week. Has been a bit of a disappointment, not even starting. He's playing better of late though. Rumored to go back to Arsenal, but looks like he's unsure as to what he's going to do and won't make a decision till summer. I like him, he's a solid tough guy with a great shot.

Reactions: Kjbert
Podolski has been awful for Inter and will almost certianly head back to Arsenal at the end of the season. No idea what happened to him. He was amazing before going to Bayern.

Has anyone mentioned Will Packwood? Could be our long term defensive solution, does anyone have discovery rights on him?

onyewu was released

* ducks head*
Have you seen our CBs play? Yep, you have, so you know: He'd be our best defender. And he gets injured all the time. Perfect fit.

Shit, we need to be on these kinds of deals
That's what I have been screaming. I even threw out Seb Lletget (along with Danny and Packwood) a while back, and of course, now the Galaxy get him. (Now, I've been around long enough that I either suggested or saw someone suggest basically every player, so I'm not trying to take any credit this time)

We ought to make a run at some of these guys. It's really disappointing that other clubs, already better than us, are improving and here we sit. Heck, look at Woodberry at NER. It's ridiculous we weren't in for him. 3x the player Brosky or any of our fullbacks, half the price and much younger. And I believe he cleared waivers, so he was effectively a free transfer for NER.

It's really frustrating that our roster is so poor. Not thin, but poor, because thin suggests we have a layer of decent somewhere. We don't. We are just poor and no one seems concerned but us supporters.

Maybe we need to pull a Staebek and take up a collection to sign a player of our choosing. Might be the only way we add anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and SayWhat44
Lmao take a collection to sign a player

Our owner doesn't have billions - our roster has more to do with poor evaluations and being an expansion team then it does money lol

Reactions: Kjbert
Optimistic me says CFG laid out a 3-year plan to build a winning ballclub:

Year 1: Assembly and evaluation, there will be growing pains
Year 2: Reinforce and strengthen, identify the needs and bring in some top talent, including a star DP in his prime
Year 3: Tweak and solidify, address all remaining weaknesses

Pessimistic me says they aren't committed:

Year 1: It's an easy league, those guys will be fine. Is our branding visible?
Year 2: Stop bothering us, here's a 38 year old your fans will recognize.
Year 3: ???

Oh god, I hope optimistic me is right.

Fox Sports One during EUFA pregame said Carlos Tevez is genuinely interested in joining the MLS after this season. They said shortly after he might be using it for leverage and theres two teams in NY* with a DP slot.

Fox Sports One during EUFA pregame said Carlos Tevez is genuinely interested in joining the MLS after this season. The said shortly after he might be using it for leverage and theres two teams in NY* with a DP slot.
Beat me to it.

To fill in the gaps: Grant Wahl reported it. He's solid. But he's no Twellman.

He said 3 sources told him that Tevez's people are reaching out to MLS. 2 Sources believe he is legit interested. I guess that means one person is not. Rob Stone just threw out the fact that both NY clubs have a dp slot available.

Tevez is fucking insane. And I mean that in all the ways. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Reactions: Kjbert and Kevin
He's a man of the people. Did he leave Man City on good terms? If not I doubt he comes to play for us.

Tevez would be unbelievable.. one of my favorite players growing up since his teenage years at Boca

Fox Sports One during EUFA pregame said Carlos Tevez is genuinely interested in joining the MLS after this season. They said shortly after he might be using it for leverage and theres two teams in NY* with a DP slot.

YES PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.