Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk defense. Here's a list of players I think could slot in immediately

Matthew 'Matt' Mills
28 year old CB
Plays for Bolton in the English championship. By no means a world beater but he would be a solid experienced addition. He was signed with City for a few years and maybe he's willing to try a new league for w change.

Brede Hangeland
33 year old CB
Plays fors Crystal Palace in the Premier League
Born in Houston, Texas with 89 caps for the Norweigan national team. A little older but he's healthy and experienced so why not?

Stefan Strandberg
24 year old CB
Plays for Rosenborg in Norway (Mix's old team)
Could be nice to have someone who has played with Mix on the field working with him. With Mix being played as a CDM it would be a great pairing for years to come.

All of them are available on free transfers this summer.

Hangeland would be sweet, Non international spot used and a great defensive leader who is solid in the air. Can't imagine him coming for any less than 300 k a year.

Hangeland would be a great signing! Over 200 games in The Premiership and 91 caps for Norway. He could really teach our defenders how to do the work!

Reactions: The Toe
I just read an article on mlssoccer.com and came over to pose the same question. In the same article they mentioned a couple of other guys..........Zak Whitbread and Heath Pearce. I'm still relatively new to this, so are any of these guys worth a shot?
Heath Pearce is not much of an improvement if at all compared to our current backline. He was decent a few years back with Chivas but as soon as he got to Redbulls, he had a few good games and then came crashing down, and cared mored about his wannabe modeling career.

Just a thought. I know he's older, but Dimitar Berbatov's contract is up in June.
He spent an awful lot of time at Fulham standing around, waiting for service. These days he only seems to come to life against his old clubs, none of which he's likely to encounter stateside.

Let someone else pick him up...

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.