Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a man of the people. Did he leave Man City on good terms? If not I doubt he comes to play for us.
I don't think he left on the best of terms, but he got a ton of playing time and thrived under them. They know his value. Would be a fantastic signing.

Reactions: Kjbert
Tevez has been unbelievable this season. By far the best player at Juventus and is a huge reason they're still competing for the treble. Offer him whatever the f### he wants
If for no other reason than we sure as hell can't defend him. Look at how we get hit on the break now by the likes of BWP. Could you imagine if it were Tevez running at our shabby defense?

Reactions: Kjbert and whill4
Tevez's contract expires June '16. We'd have to pay a transfer if we want him this summer.

Man City sold him to Juve for $12.4MM, but he's been thriving. Would likely cost in the $10MM to $20MM range.

Also, if he was available, Man City might just have interest in him. Why send him to us?

All that said, I'm 90% sure this is just part of his contract negotiation strategy.

Hard to imagine Man City being willing to have him back again after the way he just sort of disappeared that time. Can't quite decide if that'd affect NYCFC's willingness to have him or not.

Don't like his attitude, love him as a player.

Reactions: OSNY87 and Kjbert
I just read an article on mlssoccer.com and came over to pose the same question. In the same article they mentioned a couple of other guys..........Zak Whitbread and Heath Pearce. I'm still relatively new to this, so are any of these guys worth a shot?

Do these players have to go through allocation because of their NT ties? They can't be demanding much in terms of salary these days, would be fun to watch for at the very least nostalgia's sake, and are all younger then half our current roster.

Reactions: Jack
Do these players have to go through allocation because of their NT ties? They can't be demanding much in terms of salary these days, would be fun to watch for at the very least nostalgia's sake, and are all younger then half our current roster.
Here's the list
allocationplayers.jpg

Looks like their free, baring issues with discovery (another mls club might have a claim on one of them).

Reactions: adam
Tevez has stated multiple times in interviews that he would like to go back to Boca when his contract is up with Juve. I think his agent is looking to leverage MLS in getting some more money from Boca. Boca has been playing games in the press saying he wants to join him this summer. In any event, a transfer fee would be needed for his release this summer. Juve won't let him go for free, he's a MUCH better player than Giovinco, and Giovinco was 6 months away from his contract ending, and there was no offer from Juve to renew it. Juve would love to keep Tevez after his contract expires.

Is this the way it's always going to be for NYCFC and its fans? Let a high profile older player tease or toy with us only to be disappointed 90% of the time?

Blah. Give me a Diego Valeri, Lee Nguyen or Dom Dwyer rumor any day of the week over this.

Let's talk defense. Here's a list of players I think could slot in immediately

Matthew 'Matt' Mills
28 year old CB
Plays for Bolton in the English championship. By no means a world beater but he would be a solid experienced addition. He was signed with City for a few years and maybe he's willing to try a new league for w change.

Brede Hangeland
33 year old CB
Plays fors Crystal Palace in the Premier League
Born in Houston, Texas with 89 caps for the Norweigan national team. A little older but he's healthy and experienced so why not?

Stefan Strandberg
24 year old CB
Plays for Rosenborg in Norway (Mix's old team)
Could be nice to have someone who has played with Mix on the field working with him. With Mix being played as a CDM it would be a great pairing for years to come.

All of them are available on free transfers this summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.