Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought If you made a discovery claim you had to offer a contact
Considering what Bruce Arena and the Galaxy recently said about the discovery claim process I don't think that is the case. I also presume that since he is from Mass and worked out with them it would be the Revs who have the discovery claim but who knows with this new and improved "transparent" MLS.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2015/05/bruce-arena-labels-mls-discovery-signing-process-blackmail-job

I'm not convinced that Packwood is a solution. However I'm sure NYCFC would have to deal with someone else's discovery claim on him, maybe Revs.
Long term would be a great deal for us. He may not be the solution alone, but he could definitely be part of a solution.

Reactions: Kjbert
Add in John back from injury, a fully fit Calle and a quality DM and our defence would be revolutionized.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Calle-Packwood-John-Williams
starting to look like a MLS quality back 4.
Unfortunately reality is you just named 3 probably injured players and one that isn't even on the team nor proved himself in MLS yet.

Reactions: kun
I get your upset and need a target, but those 2 don't normally even play the same position, so why are you even asking the question?
I'm not upset, but if we are signing RJ Allen, there is no reason not to be signing Packwood.
I can't get my mind around our team, with the support of the CFG scouting machine ,signing a guy off of the street, and then starting him over guys that have been training with our team! Think about this, Facey, who we signed on loan to be a contributing player on NYCFC was available for selection at RB, and was passed over by a street free agent. Josh Williams, who was traded for by this team's management was available, but was left on the bench so a street free agent could play. A guy so bad that the Fire changed their formation at the start of the game to take advantage of him.

OK i guess i am upset.

I'm not upset, but if we are signing RJ Allen, there is no reason not to be signing Packwood.
I can't get my mind around our team, with the support of the CFG scouting machine ,signing a guy off of the street, and then starting him over guys that have been training with our team! Think about this, Facey, who we signed on loan to be a contributing player on NYCFC was available for selection at RB, and was passed over by a street free agent. Josh Williams, who was traded for by this team's management was available, but was left on the bench so a street free agent could play. A guy so bad that the Fire changed their formation at the start of the game to take advantage of him.

OK i guess i am upset.

I understand where you are coming from. I would love some answers on this topic. Imagine what it does to the moral of the players who've been busting their behinds on the training pitch. Even if they weren't putting in a good enough effort ,its still more than R.J Allen.

As a Roma fan I would love this.

As a fan of Serie A and Italian football, I'd love it too. I really think MLS teams should be looking at Serie A. There's a lot of talent there and there are some bottom teams that are crumbling. BPL will cherry pick the top players, but the mid-level players can be top level here. Giovinco really set the bar high though, so its gonna be tough to bring in players in the 3-4/m range now. They'll all want top dollar. De Rossi will want 8/m a year.

If NYCFC could sign one Serie A guy, it would have to be Giuseppe Rossi. He'd be a star in the MLS.

As a fan of Serie A and Italian football, I'd love it too. I really think MLS teams should be looking at Serie A. There's a lot of talent there and there are some bottom teams that are crumbling. BPL will cherry pick the top players, but the mid-level players can be top level here. Giovinco really set the bar high though, so its gonna be tough to bring in players in the 3-4/m range now. They'll all want top dollar. De Rossi will want 8/m a year.

If NYCFC could sign one Serie A guy, it would have to be Giuseppe Rossi. He'd be a star in the MLS.

And hes an Amerocan from the NY Metro area. Cant beat that.

Well in it he says he's staying at Roma which sucks.

he said
“Roma was my great love and still is. I have a contract until 2017. You’d be surprised how quickly two years go by, but a lot could happen before then."
I think he has a pad in NYC

You people don't want Lampard, who is still playing, but you want a guy, De Rossi, who was benched this year because his legs are shot - even if he doesn't come until 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.