Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people don't want Lampard, who is still playing, but you want a guy, De Rossi, who was benched this year because his legs are shot - even if he doesn't come until 2017.
DDR isn't benched. He plays almost every game, and was great vs Udinese this past weekend. He's not as good as he used to be but that happens with age.

Reactions: Gavin23
You people don't want Lampard, who is still playing, but you want a guy, De Rossi, who was benched this year because his legs are shot - even if he doesn't come until 2017.

You're joking right?

I'm not upset, but if we are signing RJ Allen, there is no reason not to be signing Packwood.
I can't get my mind around our team, with the support of the CFG scouting machine ,signing a guy off of the street, and then starting him over guys that have been training with our team! Think about this, Facey, who we signed on loan to be a contributing player on NYCFC was available for selection at RB, and was passed over by a street free agent. Josh Williams, who was traded for by this team's management was available, but was left on the bench so a street free agent could play. A guy so bad that the Fire changed their formation at the start of the game to take advantage of him.

OK i guess i am upset.
I'm still not sure Williams is 100% yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he announced his retirement any day now to be honest. His ailment is serious and could be life threatening. Reminds me what went on with Eddie Johnson this offseason. This plus Facey's uncertainty is why Allen is starting in my opinion.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I'm still not sure Williams is 100% yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he announced his retirement any day now to be honest. His ailment is serious and could be life threatening. Reminds me what went on with Eddie Johnson this offseason. This plus Facey's uncertainty is why Allen is starting in my opinion.
Calle is so important. I've been scouring the training pics to see if I can see him, but nothing so far.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Kjbert
Newest rumor is that Dani Alves may turn down bigger contracts to top clubs and come to MLS, NYCFC mentioned first (Villa connection), OCSC later in the article. Probably throwing crud to see what sticks, but I'd sign up for that.
http://mlsgb.com/2015/05/21/barcelona-star-could-turn-down-manchester-united-move-for-mls-switch/

A DP defender is what we could use ! Wont solve our problems but it sure as heck can help. I really wish I could get excited over this but its probably not true or he's using it to motivate a higher salary. It would be extremely nice though !

Your not Italian or a Roma fan are you?

Nope. I'm an Everton supporter. All I know about Roma is what I read about them. He was benched this season for a younger alternative. He is on massive wages. How is his situation any different than Lampard? Club legend, massive wages, not a first team choice anymore.

And again, he is talking about joining when his contract is up in 2017.

Newest rumor is that Dani Alves may turn down bigger contracts to top clubs and come to MLS, NYCFC mentioned first (Villa connection), OCSC later in the article. Probably throwing crud to see what sticks, but I'd sign up for that.
http://mlsgb.com/2015/05/21/barcelona-star-could-turn-down-manchester-united-move-for-mls-switch/

A DP fullback feels more like a luxury to me, but if we had Calle at LB and Alves at RB, we would hands down have the best fullbacks in the league. He would slot nicely into my preferred 4-3-1-2 lineup, with a strong defensive midfield and Nemec, Mullins (or Shelton), and Villa all on the field at the same time.

FYI, his current salary is $188,000 a week. That's close to $10MM a year. I have a feeling that's out of our budget if he wants to maintain that rate. It looks like the $6MM-$7MM range is what MLS teams have been spending on top DPs. Even that is a lot to put down on a fullback.

Nope. I'm an Everton supporter. All I know about Roma is what I read about them. He was benched this season for a younger alternative. He is on massive wages. How is his situation any different than Lampard? Club legend, massive wages, not a first team choice anymore.
Well the main difference is that DDR didn't promise us he was coming, come to New York to take pictures with the team in the team colors, and then sign for a different team while leaving us without our (2nd probably) best player.

Many of us got into this team because of Lampard (myself included). He was my favorite player growing up. The reason I don't want him to come isn't because of his age or his soccer ability. That's not saying that there weren't any other choices, or better choices, but that Lampard would clearly be on of the better players in the league and undoubtedly one of our top two players. It's the same with DDR (who actually is still a first team player, unlike Lampard).

He would be beneficial to any team in the league, and most teams in Europe still. I know I have stated in the past that I don't think the right direction for the club is to go after players that are aging and can't cut it any more at their current clubs, but if they are so determined to get players like that, probably because other options are scarce and expensive, then I think DDR is a great move, and would probably add more to our team than Lampard, and for that matter Villa (atleast what little he has contributed so far.)

So basically in short, people are more accepting of DDR and not Lampard because DDR didn't make a laughing stock of our team.

I just saw that over on the MLS web site...........stopped reading after "Cisse, 33, announced earlier this season that he would retire at the end of the Ligue 1 campaign because of a debilitating hip injury."

Status
Not open for further replies.