Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge fan of DP defenders. However the full back situation is an atrocity, and they're very important for Kreis' system. Bring in Dani

Reactions: Kjbert
There's been a lot of rumors floating that we have our DP3 picked out and he's someone that was worth the wait. This is totally talking out of my ass, but does this DP player have to come from outside of MLS? You think they could have swung a trade with lets say Toronto for Bradley? Or if they want to make a real splash, they absolutely have to bring in a fresh name from overseas?

So when Lampard and Villa's contract run out, who will be signing. Prospects in the next 2-3 years?

I usually don't like defensive DP signings but I would love Dani Alves because it would also offer us a completely different dimension going forward, and he really is ideal in Kreis' system.

With that being said, I can't see it happening for a few years, as he'd have to take a huge pay-cut to come here.

There's been a lot of rumors floating that we have our DP3 picked out and he's someone that was worth the wait. This is totally talking out of my ass, but does this DP player have to come from outside of MLS? You think they could have swung a trade with lets say Toronto for Bradley? Or if they want to make a real splash, they absolutely have to bring in a fresh name from overseas?

What rumors? Source?

Nope. I'm an Everton supporter. All I know about Roma is what I read about them. He was benched this season for a younger alternative. He is on massive wages. How is his situation any different than Lampard? Club legend, massive wages, not a first team choice anymore.

He's made over 33 appearances for Roma this season, he still features for Italy as well, I wouldn't say that he was benched. I'm a Juventino and have a particular disdain for Roma in general, but DDR would be a good addition to this team.

What rumors? Source?

One source is @TabascoDiva who heard it from a top person in FO when she won the match in Glick's box. And I also heard it from a seperate source I can't name who had a conversation with an FO executive. So 2 different FO people being coy, telling us we'll have a DP3 this summer and "it will be worth it". Whatever the hell that means.

Reactions: LionNYC and Kjbert
One source is @TabascoDiva who heard it from a top person in FO when she won the match in Glick's box. And I also heard it from a seperate source I can't name who had a conversation with an FO executive. So 2 different FO people being coy, telling us we'll have a DP3 this summer and "it will be worth it". Whatever the hell that means.

Well I'm not going to get my hopes up, but that might also jibe with the continual denials from the front office whenever asked about a new DP prospect in the news. Publicly, it seems as if they stopped looking completely. Whether that's because they are planning to wait until next season to add another DP, or because they already have someone, there's no proof of either.

However, if they already have someone on lock, why has there been no announcement? That would imply it's not a player that's out of contract this summer, and we are waiting for the transfer window to open in June.

Last edited:
I NEED A NAME, DAMMIT!

So glad I got my work done before reading this. Otherwise, I'd have been trying to keep my mind from wanting to #DareToZlatan

BiYmh7ZIUAAgfaS.jpg:large

Again, who is the name?

I remember very little of Cisse. I remember seeing him in a Liverpool shirt. That's about it. Is this a good signing?

I remember very little of Cisse. I remember seeing him in a Liverpool shirt. That's about it. Is this a good signing?
Cisse is damaged goods. Has a debilitating hip condition.

Again, who is the name?

Name of player of FO exec? Second source told me they were NYC execs currently in Manchester meeting with CFG. No names mentioned. But I believe him fully. As for @TabascoDiva 's exec. You have to ask her, but I think she was sworn to secrecy. And player name? I don't think anyone was ever told. Hence the word "rumors".

Status
Not open for further replies.