Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spector signed a contract with Birmingham in Feb for two years according to transfermarkt.com

and before everyone starts picking on the gooch and how he wasn't in form over seas the past couple of years and blah blah. Lee nguyen played in vietnam before coming to mls and revitalizing his career. Sure gooch has had injuries, but players have come back to mls and kick started their career again.

Reactions: adam and SayWhat44
and before everyone starts picking on the gooch and how he wasn't in form over seas the past couple of years and blah blah. Lee nguyen played in vietnam before coming to mls and revitalizing his career. Sure gooch has had injuries, but players have come back to mls and kick started their career again.
Anyone who picks on Gooch is an ass hole... Our defenders .... I am too hung over from MMD to even get started on that collective group of clowns.

I don't know if we want Larin or Shelton though? If you listen to the talking points after the draft, Shelton was their guy all along.
How much of that is standard draft "we got the player we always wanted" puffery? Because Larin is clearly ahead of Shelton right now, plus he's generation Adidas which means his salary does not count against Orlando's cap. Shelton has to far outpace Larin in the future to overcome those advantages, and I would hope even our FO would see that.
BTW, we've gotten somewhat OT for this thread so if you want to respond go ahead but I'll let it go after that.

Some one just mentioned it but Cody Cropper was released by Southampton... Stud and potential future USA goalie... i put him in the same class as hamid and sean johnson...

Reactions: Kjbert
Send Meara back and sign up Cropper. I know he couldn't break in at Southampton, but if Tab Ramos thinks he's America's future, I'm sure his good buddy Claudio Reyna is familiar with his potential.

A healthy Gomez is a star. He's still younger and a pure striker. Him & Villa up top?! That's pretty cool. But, he's had some bad luck with injuries. The bright side is he's always come back from them and played at a high level. Gomez or Pirlo?? Now we're talking.

If CFG is really committed to this team, we will be the preferred destination in the MLS.

Does anyone else get jealous watching Giovinco on TFC. He's what this team needs and what I thought Villa would be doing. Two sentence rant over.

Reactions: OSNY87 and Kjbert
Your history is a bit off. Pele was not the problem at all with the Cosmos, and the cosmos weren't the problem with the NASL. The problem with the NASL was absurd expansion at a sick rate, a shitty TV deal, and small market clubs overspending their means.

That last bit will never, ever be a problem with MLS. This league has the most regressive owners in American sports driving the car when it comes to the salary cap and league spending.

I did not say Pele was the problem, what I see as problem is that that paying millions to aging stars whom are at near retiring, and looking at the history of the NASL has not been a successful formula.

I have to admit I half hope we don't get a 3rd DP this season and wait until next year. First, I've pretty much given up on this season so I don't mind waiting. Second, I worry that an in-season move under these circumstances will be made of desperation. Third, I kind of like the idea of a clean pre-Lampard, Post-Lampard season comparison. I realize even that will be imperfect because if the team hopefully improves it could in part be due to the team finally coming together, but if you add a second DP there is no vibale way to even try to guage the effect of Lampard not being here, then arriving mid-season.

I share your sentiments. I am also resigned to not wining the MLS cup. I do still want the team to come smelling of of roses.

1293842_thumb.jpg

Pirlo to snub Liverpool and Chelsea
awesome_up.png

dislike_up.png

Juventus icon Andrea Pirlo is set to snub moves to the Premier League this summer. The 35-year-old is set to leave Juve but has his eyes on a move to New York City FC where he'd join Frank Lampard and David Villa.

Source: Daily Express
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:48 AM

1293842_thumb.jpg

Pirlo to snub Liverpool and Chelsea
awesome_up.png

dislike_up.png

Juventus icon Andrea Pirlo is set to snub moves to the Premier League this summer. The 35-year-old is set to leave Juve but has his eyes on a move to New York City FC where he'd join Frank Lampard and David Villa.

Source: Daily Express
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:48 AM

ITALIA!

Who thinks luca toni would Be a quality addition. I know he is 38 but he is still scoring for fun in serie a and leading the goal scorer charts in serie a.

Status
Not open for further replies.