Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last DP, it needs to be a midfielder or some kind of defensive cover. Not a forward.

A lot of people underestimate Toni, but he's done so well because he's at a small club and is the big fish. When he was with Juve he was nearly useless.

For the last DP, it needs to be a midfielder or some kind of defensive cover. Not a forward.
I like the idea of the Seattle type attack, someone to take the pressure off Villa. I'd be OK with a forward or Defender, probably prefer not to grab another midfielder.

Reactions: Kjbert
Luca Toni isn't the one that will take pressure off Villa. We still need to get them both the ball and outside of Mix right now I'm not sure we have that person. Considering the injuries Villa already had, do you think older Lampard and Toni wouldn't have similar or worse problems?

My opinion, shore up the defense first. Which should have been priority #1 when they started this team.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Luca Toni isn't the one that will take pressure off Villa. We still need to get them both the ball and outside of Mix right now I'm not sure we have that person. Considering the injuries Villa already had, do you think older Lampard and Toni wouldn't have similar or worse problems?

My opinion, shore up the defense first. Which should have been priority #1 when they started this team.
Agreed. Great teams are often built from the back, and have a settled back line. Adding unmobile players up top that we cant get the ball to won't improve anything, except the odd goal here or there.

Who thinks luca toni would Be a quality addition. I know he is 38 but he is still scoring for fun in serie a and leading the goal scorer charts in serie a.

FUCK NO! For one reason alone:

That fucking thing he does with his hand after he scores. I. CAN'T. STAND. IT. Who the fuck told him that shit is ok?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, enjoy...

luca_toni-583.jpg

2250391807_86c3bfb0ab.jpg

hi-res-13c5d86c3a2f57d31a71ec9dc7e7c958_crop_north.jpg

Luca+Toni+Parma+FC+v+Genoa+CFC+Serie+Ioiv2Ji9yWbl.jpg

luca_toni-585.jpg

Luca-Toni-celebrates-001.jpg

98801_heroa.jpg

A silly celebration, yes. But there's no doubt that he knows how to put the ball in the net. He would be a great asset for most teams in MLS.

1293842_thumb.jpg

Pirlo to snub Liverpool and Chelsea
awesome_up.png

dislike_up.png

Juventus icon Andrea Pirlo is set to snub moves to the Premier League this summer. The 35-year-old is set to leave Juve but has his eyes on a move to New York City FC where he'd join Frank Lampard and David Villa.

Source: Daily Express
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:48 AM

backpain-1292835351.jpg

I want to watch attractive football. If I didn't, I would support Chelsea or Roma. Instead, I would like to see some offensive punch here. Much like Man U, I would rather win 6-5 than 1-0. Bring me all the forwards in the land. We can roll out John Harkes for all I care defensively.

Two guys who are available on frees who were relegated that would fit in well here if we could afford them - 1 is Shaun Wright Phillips and 2 is Paul McShane of Hull City. Sounds like they won't be bringing back McShane.

I think you could get SWR in under the Cap. I have a feeling McShane isn't affordable, but of the two, McShane would be the bigger need. He is a legitimate Premier League level CB and could anchor a back line for the next 5 years.

So Tony Fernandes is going full suck mode. Not only is SWR gone, but reading that Joey Barton and Rio Ferdinand will also not be re-upped. I understand Ferdinand (he's shot) but Barton is all about the wages. Imagine Barton roaming the midfield here, clipping Dempsey from behind and then sucker punching him when he got up.

Status
Not open for further replies.