Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It becomes a very interesting decision for Facey long term. If he accepts (as many others seem to) that he will never make it into the main Manchester City squad is he interested in staying with us permanently ? If he likes the city and we're willing to pay him well would we be a more attractive option than say Aston Villa or Crystal Palace?

It'll probably be an earnings decision for him. Even if he can't make Manchester's first team, he could still force his way to a smaller club and earn as much or more per year than he could in MLS. For that reason, I still think it will be a challenge to hang onto him long term. He's going to want to try to stick somewhere in Europe.

FYI, his contract with MCFC expires in June next year. If I were him, next spring I'd ask for a short term loan somewhere in England as an audition. If he doesn't get any looks next summer transfer window, maybe he makes New York his permanent home.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
I would love to have him here on a more permanent basis. If he was to join on a free/permanent deal, it also sets us up to sell his rights in the future. Good way to skirt allocation rules and money.

It becomes a very interesting decision for Facey long term. If he accepts (as many others seem to) that he will never make it into the main Manchester City squad is he interested in staying with us permanently ? If he likes the city and we're willing to pay him well would we be a more attractive option than say Aston Villa or Crystal Palace?
The answer to that question will show us where we stand compared to lower European teams.

K Kjbert SoupInNYC SoupInNYC S sbrylski Regarding Ballouchy changing people's opinion I don't think this thread has yet properly given props on the first goal for his play through to Villa. It wasn't the hardest pass but there was a lot of traffic, lots of moving parts and he was certainly close enough to have a go at goal himself. But he showed a lot of poise and made the best possible play. Kudos.

O
K Kjbert SoupInNYC SoupInNYC S sbrylski Regarding Ballouchy changing people's opinion I don't think this thread has yet properly given props on the first goal for his play through to Villa. It wasn't the hardest pass but there was a lot of traffic, lots of moving parts and he was certainly close enough to have a go at goal himself. But he showed a lot of poise and made the best possible play. Kudos.

Oh definitely. And to have the vision he showed to find Villa making the run. Ballouchy had the space there himself to take a crack, but finding the seam to Villa was outstanding. He has impressed me the last couple of weeks and has shown the ability to finish as well. I think he has been one of our better midfielders this season to date.

Also, regarding "Ballouchy changing people's opinion", I think the "changing of my opinion" on him is that he continues to improve. I haven't seen any reason from previous games why he should be on the bench as opposed to other midfielders. Mix, Poku, Ballouchy, and Jacobson have been our top midfielders IMO. While MacNamara had a tremendous strike against Philly, he still hasn't convinced me and he looks so damn awkward out there.

Reactions: Kjbert
Also, regarding "Ballouchy changing people's opinion", I think the "changing of my opinion" on him is that he continues to improve. I haven't seen any reason from previous games why he should be on the bench as opposed to other midfielders. Mix, Poku, Ballouchy, and Jacobson have been our top midfielders IMO. While MacNamara had a tremendous strike against Philly, he still hasn't convinced me and he looks so damn awkward out there.
I actually don't think Ballouchy is that much better now than in the early season. It's just the team is gelling. His numbers on whoscored haven't dramatically improved.
6.3 6.5 7.4 7.4 7 7.9 6 7.5 6.3 6.4 6.3 7.3

Pretty consistent actually. And after Mix, he and AJ are tied for the best midfielder rating at 6.85 on the season. I know these ratings aren't everything, but I think much of the Ballouchy is better sentiment is actually that the team is better.

If all the major rumored moves actually happen I think it will be Ballouchy, TMac and Calle battling for the last midfield spot. AJ will become a late game sub for Pirlo. Poku will be a super sub either in the mid or forward ranks. And Grabavoy and Seba will fade into distant memory.

I actually don't think Ballouchy is that much better now than in the early season. It's just the team is gelling. His numbers on whoscored haven't dramatically improved.
6.3 6.5 7.4 7.4 7 7.9 6 7.5 6.3 6.4 6.3 7.3

Pretty consistent actually. And after Mix, he and AJ are tied for the best midfielder rating at 6.85 on the season. I know these ratings aren't everything, but I think much of the Ballouchy is better sentiment is actually that the team is better.

If all the major rumored moves actually happen I think it will be Ballouchy, TMac and Calle battling for the last midfield spot. AJ will become a late game sub for Pirlo. Poku will be a super sub either in the mid or forward ranks. And Grabavoy and Seba will fade into distant memory.

Good point regarding the team doing better. This certainly has led to an overall better opinion on Ballouchy.

And agreed on the battle for the last spot. I'd like to see more Poku, but think he does provide too much off of the bench to see him start (I'm sure there will be some spot starts here and there). Remember we should have some considerable time without Mix during the Gold Cup, so there should be some decent playing time to go around for the whole group of midfielders.

But less time for both Grabavoy and Sebastian Velasquez is great IMO.

MLS really should review their roster rules since teams need more spots for "B" players for US Open Cup matches since nobody is going to use their starters and top subs for every match and we lose a lot of players to international duty.

My guess:

GK: Saunders, Meara, Johansen, (Fitzgerald)
RB: Iraola, Brovsky, Allen
CB: Facey, Onyewu, Hernandez, Wingert, Kwame, John*
LB: Angelino, Calle, (Brandt)
CM: Pirlo, Mix, Jacobson, McNamara, Grabavoy, Dunn
AM: Lampard, Alvarez, Poku, Ballouchy, Velasquez
ST: Villa, Nemec, Mullins, Shelton, Taylor*
* Injury list
(loaned out)

28 players (max)
10 internationals (max)
3 DPs (max)

Too bad mls is single entity, loooks like herc gomez might go to the cosmos. He would be an upgrade over nemec.

When this becomes the norm the MLS has arrived........:)

Reactions: FootyLovin
I'm not sold on Pirlo or Gooch coming.

Your predicting Williams departure then?
I'm not sure either, but I think they are probably more likely to come than not.
And yeah I reckon JW may retire sooner rather than later, and I think RJ Allen signing spelled the end for Josh here, which is a shame because I like him and he's a talented player.

sebastian llegets arrival to la galaxy and goal got me thinking of other young americans that are on the fringe of the first team who can come here and make an impact.

One guy who I think can come here is fabian hurzeler. Do I think he will start? No, but I think he would deff give us depth in midfield. And I don't think we would need to get him via allocation order or anything either. He captained bayern munich's youth team if I remember correctly.

Just a random name I thought i would bring up for the sake of variety.

I'm not sold on Pirlo or Gooch coming.

Your predicting Williams departure then?
If the rumors are true that we add Iraola and Angelino I don't think Gooch comes for no other reason then the salary cap. I can't imagine us having cap room to add his salary demands with all of the other acquisitions we have.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
If the rumors are true that we add Iraola and Angelino I don't think Gooch comes for no other reason then the salary cap. I can't imagine us having cap room to add his salary demands with all of the other acquisitions we have.
I wonder if Kwame is enough back up for CB. Sure Wingert can play but isn't he our LB starter with possibly Angelino now?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I don't think Gooch has any salary demands. Your demand is, "May I have a job please?" at this point in time.

It's not just Lletgets. MLS needs to push for these guys who are not working over there. Welcome them with open arms - Shea, Agudelo, Lletgets. Call Packwood, Cropper, Pelosi. Call Adidas and create some new special DP role for them.

Important to keep bringing in young American talent to MLS. Look at Gyasi Zardes and Yedlin. Need more of that.

I don't think Gooch has any salary demands. Your demand is, "May I have a job please?" at this point in time.

It's not just Lletgets. MLS needs to push for these guys who are not working over there. Welcome them with open arms - Shea, Agudelo, Lletgets. Call Packwood, Cropper, Pelosi. Call Adidas and create some new special DP role for them.

Important to keep bringing in young American talent to MLS. Look at Gyasi Zardes and Yedlin. Need more of that.

I like the idea of a young american dp that doesn't count against the cap.

Also, I hear there is work being done for a "core" player spot that will kinda function as a dp. No idea what that will mean, and frankly, even when they release details about it I am still not sure I will understand…but I think we could use it on Mix and give us some cap relief.

Who are the guys on the left and right here?
11337052_463840653789396_4914824639396973747_o.jpg
74932.jpg

Taking the piss.

kun kun you're right and i think BxLio91 BxLio91 nailed it last week

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Status
Not open for further replies.