Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a peek at the Blue Moon forums to see their reaction. Very positive. They're saying he definitely has defensive positioning issues, but he needs to play to work through those. Sounds like a good situation for both clubs and player.

In a few years, hopefully we can complain about loaning in someone with a weakness like that, but for now, he's probably going to be a big upgrade.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/angelino.305906/page-14

Side note, good example of subversive marketing working. I'm now reading MCFC forums. Wtf.

So you wouldn´t have popped over to read a Chelsea forum if we looked at one of their youngsters? ;)

That's Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, Pirlo, perhaps Onyewu coming in. Massive improvement of the overall quality of the squad. I bet this'll bring the best out of Villa as well.

As for who may leave, I can see 1 of our keepers leaving, probably Akira/Johansen. Dunn, Brandt and Williams' places could be under threat. Not sure about the deal with injured players like John and Taylor. Personally, I'd be looking to move on Ballouchy, Velasquez, Wingert and maybe Nemec. Although Kreis likes them so they'll stay I'd have thought.
I know Ballouchy had a poor reputation coming in but he's been one of our best players, good to have for depth

That's Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, Pirlo, perhaps Onyewu coming in. Massive improvement of the overall quality of the squad. I bet this'll bring the best out of villa as well.

As for who may leave, I can see 1 of our keepers leaving, probably Akira/Johansen. Dunn, Brandt and Williams' places could be under threat. Not sure about the deal with injured players like John and Taylor. Personally, I'd be looking to move on Ballouchy, Velasquez, Wingert and maybe Nemec. Although Kreis likes them so they'll stay I'd have thought.

We have 26 of 28 roster spots filled, I believe. Lampard and Iraola make 28. We'll probably need to clear out 3-4 more?

I think Josh Williams might be done, I could see him getting outright released due to his heart condition. Brandt could also be cleared because he's going to be buried on the roster with two new FB's coming in. Finally, I think they could shed Fitzgerald. We aren't deep at keeper with Meara projected to go back to New Jersey next year, but I think it would be easy to have a handshake agreement with Fitzgerald that he gets the first look as a depth keeper again next year.

We have 26 of 28 roster spots filled, I believe. Lampard and Iraola make 28. We'll probably need to clear out 3-4 more?

I think Josh Williams might be done, I could see him getting outright released due to his heart condition. Brandt could also be cleared because he's going to be buried on the roster with two new FB's coming in. Finally, I think they could shed Fitzgerald. We aren't deep at keeper with Meara projected to go back to New Jersey next year, but I think it would be easy to have a handshake agreement with Fitzgerald that he gets the first look as a depth keeper again next year.
I thought you got 30 squad spaces

I think Josh Williams might be done, I could see him getting outright released due to his heart condition. Brandt could also be cleared because he's going to be buried on the roster with two new FB's coming in

I think Watson-Siriboe will be on the chopping block as well.

An observation re: Angelino.

It's no surprise that Angelino was confirmed right after Iraola. Having a better team with better mentors is going to make MCFC a lot more likely to send over better youths on loan. Who better to hone Angelino's defensive positioning skills than Iraola? Both Spanish, both attacking defenders. I'm sure having the youngster follow the veteran around all summer is part of the deal.

Are there any MLSers we could pick up this summer? We need some Americans me thinks...

David Villa
Pablo Alvarez
Shay Facey
Eirik Johansen
Javier Calle
Kwadwo Poku
Adam Nemec

Andoni Iraola
Frank Lampard
Angelino
Andrea Pirlo

How many international spots do we have?

I wouldn't mind seeing Jordi Hiwula and George Evans also join NYCFC this summer

Like Shay both of these players are unlikely to make it into the City first team, so could be a good move for both of them.

If true about Angelino it will be a good move for the kid. He needs game time in a more competitive environment than the EDS, which he has now outgrown.

Are there any MLSers we could pick up this summer? We need some Americans me thinks...

David Villa
Pablo Alvarez
Shay Facey
Eirik Johansen
Javier Calle
Kwadwo Poku
Adam Nemec

Andoni Iraola
Frank Lampard
Angelino
Andrea Pirlo

How many international spots do we have?
Call someone at Lille and see if we can get Maki Tall on loan. I want some pace now that it looks like we have plugged a couple of other holes.

Reactions: Kjbert and PB3
When does the complaining stop? A 6-0 win? NYCFC dominated large parts of the game, especially the first half and parts of the 2nd. Grabs was a reason for parts of that.

So we win, and we can't critique. We lose, and only you can critique.

I got it now.

Reactions: NickA
That's Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, Pirlo, perhaps Onyewu coming in. Massive improvement of the overall quality of the squad. I bet this'll bring the best out of Villa as well.

Fran Martinez is already gone. The keeper they drafted is gone. Johansen will be gone. Kwame will be gone. Alvarez will be gone.

Makes no sense to get rid of Dunn and Brandt. Williams might be a strong call.

You think Boca would loan us Joel Sonora?
Never hurts to ask...It would be a good experience for him, as he looks like a highly technical player who could use some time against physical, faster players.

Tall isn't part of Lille anymore I don't think. He's a free agent.
Looks like his contract expires on 6/30.

You know who I'd like to see - Bjorn Maars. Not necessarily for us. I'd just like to see him. But he scores constantly wherever he is. Poor guy should have been at Benfica, but his old club screwed him. Now he's in Bulgaria or something.

Reactions: Kjbert
Isn't of cutting players can't we just loan them out to Wilmington? With all of these loans from MCFC and other teams we will need players that we can get back when we have to send everyone back.

Status
Not open for further replies.