Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't of cutting players can't we just loan them out to Wilmington? With all of these loans from MCFC and other teams we will need players that we can get back when we have to send everyone back.
I'm fairly certain that the loanees still count for a roster spot, but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: Kjbert
Personally, I'd be looking to move on Ballouchy, Velasquez, Wingert and maybe Nemec.
As bumbling as the Philly game Villa trip was now is not the right time to get rid of Nemec. We are light on forwards especially while waiting for Shelton to get healthy. This will also give us our first look at pro quality crosses and set pieces. This should be a system that plays to the strength of Nemecs size. I'm not advocating starting him (or even playing him at all) but I wouldn't release him right now either.

As bumbling as the Philly game Villa trip was now is not the right time to get rid of Nemec. We are light on forwards especially while waiting for Shelton to get healthy. This will also give us our first look at pro quality crosses and set pieces. This should be a system that plays to the strength of Nemecs size. I'm not advocating starting him (or even playing him at all) but I wouldn't release him right now either.
There has to be a player of greater quality than Nemec on a free transfer. I'm sure he's a fine human being, but he's just not an MLS quality scorer or target man at this stage.

There has to be a player of greater quality than Nemec on a free transfer. I'm sure he's a fine human being, but he's just not an MLS quality scorer or target man at this stage.
I agree. And once we sign that player we should release Nemec. But until we sign another forward I would keep him for depth at that position.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert

I remember trying to search for some highlights or something of Nemec to see what he is besides what i've seen. I really couldn't find anything of note. If it doesn't hurt us, might as well keep him as a change of pace kind of guy.

Until we're consistently able to play out of the back, you need Nemec

Until we're consistently able to play out of the back, you need Nemec
I just posted on another thread (I think) that we should keep Nemec for now, but I don't think playing out of the back is going to be a problem IF we get Pirlo. #WishingMakesItSo

I know there was some talk of Bobby Wood on here, well he's off the table. Reportedly going to Stuttgart of the Bundesliga for a 1.2 million dollar transfer fee.

So we win, and we can't critique. We lose, and only you can critique.

I got it now.
What the hell? We win or lose, you and a select group mock all the same mainstays on this team and blame everything wrong on Kreis. How about you praise as well as critique. Or is it only one way with you?

On a more relevant topic (what thread is this?); we need to revisit the international slots. I believe we had bulked up to 10 and we were fine, but all these new players except Gooch (if he signs) would require a slot. 5 were claimed before (Villa, Nemec, Johansen, Alvarez, Calle?). I'm counting at least 3 more needed. 2 to spare?

And I doubt Kwame is gone. Except for maybe Gooch, zero CB reinforcements are coming. I agree Williams, Brandt etc seem like surplus.

Took a peek at the Blue Moon forums to see their reaction. Very positive. They're saying he definitely has defensive positioning issues, but he needs to play to work through those. Sounds like a good situation for both clubs and player.

In a few years, hopefully we can complain about loaning in someone with a weakness like that, but for now, he's probably going to be a big upgrade.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/angelino.305906/page-14

Side note, good example of subversive marketing working. I'm now reading MCFC forums. Wtf.
A lot of City people I spoke to were shocked that he's coming over. Unlike Facey he's a top rated prospect.

Shay is likely to stay, he wants to be here as he likes the city. I could see Facey staying for a while unless he decides to move on.

This is the beautiful part of being part of CFG. As for those asking about international spots.

IIRC you can buy other teams international spots.

What the hell? We win or lose, you and a select group mock all the same mainstays on this team and blame everything wrong on Kreis. How about you praise as well as critique. Or is it only one way with you?

On a more relevant topic (what thread is this?); we need to revisit the international slots. I believe we had bulked up to 10 and we were fine, but all these new players except Gooch (if he signs) would require a slot. 5 were claimed before (Villa, Nemec, Johansen, Alvarez, Calle?). I'm counting at least 3 more needed. 2 to spare?

And I doubt Kwame is gone. Except for maybe Gooch, zero CB reinforcements are coming. I agree Williams, Brandt etc seem like surplus.
Villa
Facey
Alvarez
Johansen
Nemec
Calle
+ Lampard
+ Angelino
+ Iraola
+ DP 3 (Pirlo)

That would be all 10 of our international slots.

As for those asking about international spots.

Yes we know, however we are already at 10 which is 2 more than what we started out with. Maybe we could convince DC to trade some more. But most MLS teams are using theirs.

I have done a 180 on Ballouchy. I have retreated some on Saunders. Brovsky I have been fair with. I have done a 180 on Wingert and Hernandez as well.

point is, I have been fair. Grabavoy has done nothing this year to warrant the time he sees on the field. Same with Velasquez. At least I understand with Wingert and Brovsky as there aren't choices. We have a deep midfield of bodies. Kreis chose to hand out playing time based on his experiences with them. Thankfully, that's starting to change and our results are better. If anything, that proves us all right.

And regarding international slots, I've given up understanding the secretive MLS rules long ago. I suggest you do the same. don't forget that Alvarez is likely gone. Johansen is likely gone. Frees up positions.

Reactions: Paul
I have done a 180 on Ballouchy. I have retreated some on Saunders. Brovsky I have been fair with. I have done a 180 on Wingert and Hernandez as well.

point is, I have been fair. Grabavoy has done nothing this year to warrant the time he sees on the field. Same with Velasquez. At least I understand with Wingert and Brovsky as there aren't choices. We have a deep midfield of bodies. Kreis chose to hand out playing time based on his experiences with them. Thankfully, that's starting to change and our results are better. If anything, that proves us all right.

And regarding international slots, I've given up understanding the secretive MLS rules long ago. I suggest you do the same. don't forget that Alvarez is likely gone. Johansen is likely gone. Frees up positions.

Grabavoy is a nice player. But he really doesn't do anything. He can possess the ball, and make short passes, but nothing creative or anything that I feel brings value on the field.

By the way, until Iraola comes over, it will be hard to keep RJ Allen off the field after his services on Saturday. Defending still suspect, but he was delivering some great crosses Saturday night.

Off topic, but just to throw some facts out there, Grabavoy is 13th in the entire league in passing percentage. He may do pretty much nothing with the ball, but that includes not turning it over. And that's probably why Kreis is so comfortable with him in there.

We haven't had many 3-goal games, or given up many 3-goal games, and that's because of Kreis' conservative management so far. Keeps things close and us in games.

Off topic, but just to throw some facts out there, Grabavoy is 13th in the entire league in passing percentage. He may do pretty much nothing with the ball, but that includes not turning it over. And that's probably why Kreis is so comfortable with him in there.

We haven't had many 3-goal games, or given up many 3-goal games, and that's because of Kreis' conservative management so far. Keeps things close and us in games.

I don't know if there is a stat for this, but from watching the games, all of his passes seem to go backwards. It's easy to complete a lot of passes and at a high clip when you receive the ball and look towards your holding midfielder or CBs to distribute the ball too. That was a big complaint of mine with Ballouchy early on as well. But he's changed.

It's not enough to complete passes. They need to be completed moving forward or at least lateral - cross the field some times. That's OK. But too often we are moving forward and he looks to make a safe play and kills our momentum. Happened during a big moment on Saturday night. Ball was in the box already, next thing I know, Grabavoy receives it and then it's back to Saunders within two passes.

Based on what evidence?

Reactions: Ryan_Kost12
A lot of City people I spoke to were shocked that he's coming over. Unlike Facey he's a top rated prospect.

Shay is likely to stay, he wants to be here as he likes the city. I could see Facey staying for a while unless he decides to move on.

This is the beautiful part of being part of CFG. As for those asking about international spots.

It becomes a very interesting decision for Facey long term. If he accepts (as many others seem to) that he will never make it into the main Manchester City squad is he interested in staying with us permanently ? If he likes the city and we're willing to pay him well would we be a more attractive option than say Aston Villa or Crystal Palace?

Status
Not open for further replies.