Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a DP because of the transfer cost. Probably 10-12 Million.

Which is exactly why, even with allocation order, we would be one of three teams who could afford him. Everyone in front of us would have the first right of refusal. But they wouldn't pay.

Anyway - a pipe dream but he's in new York.

I may be mistaken, but if they are a DP doesn't that bypass the allocation order. Isn't that how dempsey landed in seattle? I can't remember the rule for that.

But yea, total pipe dream. He is probably hanging out with rihanna and benzema.

Here's where my heads at...
Do we want another Mid or a big striker that can get in the box on the end of those Iraola and Angelino crosses.
From what I've heard and seen of these two they get forward and put balls in the box.
Unless we will be playing villa up top with Nemec I'm looking for a tall striker that can head the ball.
Mario... GOMEEEEEEZZZZZZ
He's only 29 and I think would be deadly playing alongside Villa.

I'd take him but I'd prefer Gignac. Prejudiced because I'm a Marseille fan I admit but their the same age and while Gomez at his peak had the bigger nation team career I think Gignac has scored more regularly in recent seasons.

I may be mistaken, but if they are a DP doesn't that bypass the allocation order. Isn't that how dempsey landed in seattle? I can't remember the rule for that.

But yea, total pipe dream. He is probably hanging out with rihanna and benzema.

Dempsey landed in Seattle because certain players above a certain threshold aren't subject to allocation. Dempsey, Bradley and Altidore are those three. Possible that someone that causes a transfer fee could also be considered above the allocation order. One of those up for debate things.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Dempsey landed in Seattle because certain players above a certain threshold aren't subject to allocation. Dempsey, Bradley and Altidore are those three. Possible that someone that causes a transfer fee could also be considered above the allocation order. One of those up for debate things.

I will never understand these rules.

Reactions: Kjbert
That exemption no longer exists, so they say. Thus the allocation list that was published by MLS naming the specific players.

That said, Johannsson and Mix are pretty close and room together pretty often from what I've read. He would be very good with Villa. It would also help him out with the Nats since I think he struggles against fast, physical defenders in the international game. Too much time in the Everyonescoresdivisie.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Here's where my heads at...
Do we want another Mid or a big striker that can get in the box on the end of those Iraola and Angelino crosses.
From what I've heard and seen of these two they get forward and put balls in the box.
Unless we will be playing villa up top with Nemec I'm looking for a tall striker that can head the ball.
Mario... GOMEEEEEEZZZZZZ
He's only 29 and I think would be deadly playing alongside Villa.
Bjorn Maars Johnsen. 6'5" 23'or 24 year old Norwegian-American (opposite of mix in that he was raised in N Carolina). Led practically every team he's ever played with in goals. At Litex in Bulgaria now. Would have been at Benfica but his 2nd div Portugese team tried to hardball them, then got in a financial bind and sold him to whoever paid the most. A real screw job by his old club. I mentioned him elsewhere.

He had a hat trick in their friendly yesterday. Very good touch and truly owns the box.

Bjorn Maars Johnsen. 6'5" 23'or 24 year old Norwegian-American (opposite of mix in that he was raised in N Carolina). Led practically every team he's ever played with in goals. At Litex in Bulgaria now. Would have been at Benfica but his 2nd div Portugese team tried to hardball them, then got in a financial bind and sold him to whoever paid the most. A real screw job by his old club. I mentioned him elsewhere.

He had a hat trick in their friendly yesterday. Very good touch and truly owns the box.

thats it we need to hire you as a scout.

he was born in nyc as well.

Last edited:
Yea but the chances of getting that good player in December-February are slim compared to the silly season.

Aron Johannssen is currently in Manhattan by the way.
The one negative aspect of being in NYC when it comes to soccer rumors is that it's so popular as a vacation point.

I'm sure the KC fans don't have this issue.

He read about him in SoccerBy Ives like the rest of us last ween
Actually, I follow his thread on big soccer and have been since he started tearing up the Portugese 2nd div. Sciaretta, who I presume found out about him there as well, interviewed him a couple of weeks ago on ASN.

I don't read the recycled crap on SBI. The entire MO there is to recap articles from elsewhere.

Either way, you're correct in implying I do not personally scout the world.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert

Too close to Bruno Mars. Do not want.

Actually, I follow his thread on big soccer and have been since he started tearing up the Portugese 2nd div. Sciaretta, who I presume found out about him there as well, interviewed him a couple of weeks ago on ASN.

I don't read the recycled crap on SBI. The entire MO there is to recap articles from elsewhere.

Either way, you're correct in implying I do not personally scout the world.

What's wrong with that? It aggregates the news we wouldnt otherwise see?

In their last league game against Ludogrets, who is the best team in Bulgaria, he had a hat trick as well. I have been following him since he was with Athletico CP and from what I recall, he had all but agreed to terms with Benfica and was going to be loaned to the Benfica B squad in the same division as Athletico CP. Athletico CP didn't like that he was being loaned to Benfica B and not immediately back to them for the rest of the season and that is where talks fell through.

Reactions: Kjbert
Podolski has been terrible the past couple years, glad he didn't come here.

I wouldn't say the last couple years. He struggled at Inter definitely. But a lot of players struggle in new leagues. If you look at his goals (29) vs games started (54) with Arsenal, it's actually pretty good compared to Giroud who pushed him out.

I wouldn't say the last couple years. He struggled at Inter definitely. But a lot of players struggle in new leagues. If you look at his goals (29) vs games started (54) with Arsenal, it's actually pretty good compared to Giroud who pushed him out.

Eh, still not a fan of his. And like others said, the position he fills is already filled.

Reactions: gbservis
Status
Not open for further replies.