Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DP Coach. At this point, I can't trust a single thing that Kreis will do even if it works out. We don't need more talent on the field, we need a better coach and manager of that talent.

251.gif

We should definitely do better than Torres for a DP. Someone with a little more consistency. Don't think we should gamble right now.

Seriously. We started a guy who we found coaching a youth team (after two years of no professional soccer) last night. We don't lack talent?!

Starting Quality: Villa, Mix, Poku (eventually with endurance)
Bench Quality: Shelton, Mullins, Jacobson, Facey, Hernandez

The rest need to be replaced as soon as practicable. So far we've got Lampard (SQ), Iraola (SQ), and Angelino (?) coming soon. Some bench players have upside.

Right now, we have less than half of a complete team.

The rest need to be replaced as soon as practicable. So far we've got Lampard (SQ), Iraola (SQ), and Angelino (?) coming soon. Some bench players have upside.

I'd add Mcnamara to your list of players that can hack it. He's a really nice player who makes a huge difference for this team's attack.

But it's still a very, very short list.

Reactions: sbrylski
IMO We don't need a striker, we're stacked with quality there. Villa, Nemec, Mullins, Shelton, Poku (+Taylor next season perhaps).

DP3 NEEDS to be CM/CDM.

------------------------------Villa------------------------Poku
------------------------------------------Lampard
------------------------Calle*----------------------------------Mix
---------------------------------------------DP3
-----Angelino---------------------------------------------------------------------Iraola
------------------------------Facey-----------------------Hernandez
------------------------------------------Saunders

* or Alvarez, Ballouchy, Jacobson, Shelton, McNamara

In terms of quality
Starting quality: Villa, Mix, Poku, Facey, (Iraola, Lampard, Angelino, John)
Bench quality: Saunders, Meara, Shelton, Mullins, Jacobson, Alvarez, McNamara, Hernandez, Ballouchy
Unsure: Dunn, Brandt, Johansen, Calle, Williams
Not good enough: Brovsky, Allen, Grabavoy, Wingert, Velasquez, Kwame. Nemec too based on his performances thus far but I still think there's a useful player in there.

IMO We don't need a striker, we're stacked with quality there. Villa, Nemec, Mullins, Shelton, Poku (+Taylor next season perhaps).

DP3 NEEDS to be CM/CDM.

-----Angelino---------------------------------------------------------------------Iraola

In terms of quality
Bench quality: Saunders, Meara, Shelton, Mullins, Jacobson, Alvarez, McNamara, Hernandez, Ballouchy
Not good enough: Brovsky, Allen, Grabavoy, Wingert, Velasquez, Kwame. Nemec too based on his performances thus far but I still think there's a useful player in there.
By these standards how many starting quality players does the average MLS team have?

DP3 NEEDS to be CM/CDM.

In terms of quality

I wouldn't say we are stacked at forward. Poku is breaking out in a big way, but aside from some people's concern with his ability to play 90 minutes, he also only started 13 games last season. The MLS season is much longer, I really see him as a part time guy the rest of the year, a frustrating reality.

A top DP at either CDM or striker has the potential to really transform the team.

I think if we don't get Pirlo we should be going after a strike partner for Villa. Follow the Sounders philosophy because Dempsey/Martins seems to be working pretty well. I know they haven't won a cup yet, but they've been pretty damn close and they put up a lot of goals

Reactions: sbrylski
Pirlo doesn't fill a need. But he's the kind of guy that you get if available regardless.

we obviously need help defensively...but we can't score. I would love to see Poku and Villa together for a full game. I know, this stamina thing. But if he can play that target man role, he won't be running all over the place. BUT, that's what he is good at too. Maybe we look at a true winger and go with a 4-3-3. Put Villa at LW which he likes, Poku in the middle and sign a RW. Shelton can back up the wingers and Nemec can back up Poku.

If you don't think Facey is MLS starter quality ....wow....

I think if we don't get Pirlo we should be going after a strike partner for Villa. Follow the Sounders philosophy because Dempsey/Martins seems to be working pretty well. I know they haven't won a cup yet, but they've been pretty damn close and they put up a lot of goals

We have a strike partner for Villa, his name is Poku. He's played striker for about 85 min total over the last 2 games and he has 3 goals.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vito
Status
Not open for further replies.