Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Dos Santos wants to come only to the galaxy the league will do whatever it needs to to make that happen. And they should. Star players bring other star players. Like Bradley recruiting altidore. and Giovinco takling to Pirlo
yes, but my issue is it prevents us to bring someone else as well. even if its not a star. we both know damn well the back line still needs help.

thought that goal article mentions a "core player" .....wtf is that? do we have the slot filled? is that like a midlevel exception type thing in NBA?

everyday i learn something new in MLS.

Even when MLS changed the rule for LA to sign Beckham back on 07, they immediately opened it up for all other teams to sign a DP. No way LA gets a 4th DP and no one else does. Unless the new rule is you can trade them, and Crew or somebody trades with LA but no one else will trade with us.

The rumor is for a "Core" DP though, which presumably is a lower salary slot that the Galaxy slide Gonzalez into, then pay more for Dos Santos.

None of our DPs at $6MM+ would be able to fit there, so it's not like we'll be able to go after a superstar yet this month.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
The rumor is for a "Core" DP though, which presumably is a lower salary slot that the Galaxy slide Gonzalez into, then pay more for Dos Santos.

None of our DPs at $6MM+ would be able to fit there, so it's not like we'll be able to go after a superstar yet this month.
Additionally, without a rise to the salary cap, I don't think we could afford to sign a new Core DP anyway, right? Unless they set the Core DP slot at 200K towards the salary cap.

Reactions: Kjbert
Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
What's the point of having a CBA and possible strike if they are going to go willy nilly anyway.

that being said, slotting Gonzalez into a "Core DP" slot to makes this happens makes a lot of sense.

It would also allow us to bring a larger name in on loan with bigger wages.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
If you read the article, it makes clear this would be a league wide decision. It also speculates that we may be planning to use it on one of the new people who have already been announced (i.e. Iraola).

Additionally, without a rise to the salary cap, I don't think we could afford to sign a new Core DP anyway, right? Unless they set the Core DP slot at 200K towards the salary cap.
I'm sure we can use a less than $6 million signing. And it's unknown how much of a hit it will be on the cap. The current CBA says $225k for a mid season full DP, so this would probably be considerably less. Probably closer to $100-150k hit, which in theory we could absorb even with Pirlo joining.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
If you read the article, it makes clear this would be a league wide decision. It also speculates that we may be planning to use it on one of the new people who have already been announced (i.e. Iraola).
Yeah but that isn't going to happen because it's already been established Iraola's wages will be far below this threshold.

We can't say for sure if it'll be the same cap hit as normal DPs. But remember there's a 1/2 DP spot for guys signed during this window. They only count $218,125 against the cap.

Last edited:
This new "Core player" rule can maybe allow us to get someone on the aron johansson, geoff cameron or danny williams threshold. And we can promise mix that he will get a dp slot if he earns it, when lamps retires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and kun
If this Core DP player is true, then we could probably go for a decent strike partner for Villa.

Abdul Majeed Waris, 23, Trabsonspor
John Guidetti, 23, Free Agent

Aron Johansson, 24, AZ Alkmaar
Ola Kamara, 25, Austria Wien
Ronnie Schwartz, 25, EA Guingamp
Maikon Leite, 26, Sport Recife
Ibrahima Balde, 26, Kuban Krasnodar
Yassine Chikhaoui, 28, FC Zurich
Steven Naismith, 28, Everton
Jimmy Briand, 29, Hannover
Kenwyne Jones, 30, Cardiff City
Teo Gutierrez, 30, River Plate
Mauro Boselli, 30, Club Leon
Georgios Samaras, 30, West Brom
Gaizka Toquero, 30, Athletic Bilbao
Daryl Murphy, 32, Ipswich Town
Carlos Luna, 33, CA Tigre

If this Core DP player is true, then we could probably go for a decent strike partner for Villa.

damn thats quite a list how do you come up with it?

also teo i dont think would even want to come i think dude is happy at river. I remember him making a fit at Cruz Azul to go to River Plate, since it was his "dream" to go there.

Reactions: FootyLovin

What is this list based on?

Naisy just signed a new deal. He has decent wages.

I would love Danny Williams here. What an athlete.

Reactions: Paul
There really isn't parity, though. Colorado and Philly suck every year, while the Galaxy have as many or more titles over the last decade than the rest of the league combined.

I didn't follow the league in 2010, so (I'm genuinely asking) how'd Colorado win the MLS Cup that year?

Status
Not open for further replies.