Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best league in the world by any stretch but my good friend Danleigh Borman played regularly for New York Red Bulls alongside Thierry Henry – yet when he came back to the PSL he couldn't make a team over here. He certainly held his own in the MLS though, so what I'm saying is, Tefu would definitely be a good addition to NYCFC.

I remember borman! Love that guy, hows he doing?

He was a pretty good left back/ left mid i remember his failed goal celebrations.

I have a question for the native Americans on this forum regarding player buys please and thank you :)

I was thinking over our squad now and realising that it is A: incredibly strong and sexy, like, we are the sexiest team in MLS (credit to pirlos beard and ability) and B: Our strongest 11 would only have two Americans in Saunders and Mix.

Is there many affordable Americans out there we could/should perhaps look at? Or alternatively in the future be looking to make big signings, replacing the likes of Lampard, Angelino, Facey (still hoping he just signs, seems to love it here) etc.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I have a question for the native Americans on this forum regarding player buys please and thank you :)

I was thinking over our squad now and realising that it is A: incredibly strong and sexy, like, we are the sexiest team in MLS (credit to pirlos beard and ability) and B: Our strongest 11 would only have two Americans in Saunders and Mix.

Is there many affordable Americans out there we could/should perhaps look at? Or alternatively in the future be looking to make big signings, replacing the likes of Lampard, Angelino, Facey (still hoping he just signs, seems to love it here) etc.

It doesn´t really work that way in MLS.. The clubs themselves don´t own the players, the league as a whole does.
If you are really into knowing how it works this link might help you.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/roster-rules-and-regulations

Could you guys, as NYCFC fans, give me any information on the likelihood of Tefu Mashamaite earning a deal? What is your current defence like? What does it need? What is the average wage of a NYCFC player (i.e. will it be relatively cheap to sign Tefu having come from a poorer economy)? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Could you guys, as NYCFC fans, give me any information on the likelihood of Tefu Mashamaite earning a deal? What is your current defence like? What does it need? What is the average wage of a NYCFC player (i.e. will it be relatively cheap to sign Tefu having come from a poorer economy)? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!
There was a discussion here, and we couldn't exactly figure out what his wage was in SA, but the conclusion was that even at a double wage he'd be cheap if he could start.

As for our defense, it's been passable at emergency defending, very poor at distribution and non existent on set pieces, offensively and defensively.

There was a discussion here, and we couldn't exactly figure out what his wage was in SA, but the conclusion was that even at a double wage he'd be cheap if he could start.

As for our defense, it's been passable at emergency defending, very poor at distribution and non existent on set pieces, offensively and defensively.
No truer words have ever been uttered about our defense.

Other than, "They're plain terrible!" Or, "They Suck!"

Tefu was earning less than R100 000 ($8 000) per month at Kaizer Chiefs despite being their best centre-back for three seasons. That's why he left. He was not even in the top eight earners at the club, which has a reputation for being a very stingy, family-run business.

From that description of your defence, Mashamaite would certainly do a job - he is strong on set-pieces, especially offensively. He is also a very good passer. Chiefs conceded just 14 goals in 30 games last season and Mashamaite played every single minute of every league game.

There has been a big movement of top Americans back to MLS the last few years, so there aren't as many top Americans still overseas. There's Geoff Cameron at Stoke, but he seems happy there. Yedlin is at Tottenham, but he just moved. Likewise Zelalem, who is developing well at Arsenal, but he's not likely to leave. There are more players in the 2nd division, but those guys are less likely to be upgrades over MLS starters.

There are quite a few Americans playing in Germany who would be great targets. Guys like Fabian Johnson and John Brooks to name just two. But, many of these guys grew up in Germany, so they are less likely to leave. Alejandro Bedoya, who plays in France, would be a good impact target. I think there are now a bunch of guys in Mexico who are starting to emerge, like Garza and Alvarado.

Then there is Aron Johannsson in the Eriedivisie, who has been discussed a bunch. He is a good target to come to MLS, but securing his rights will be tricky for reasons that apply to many of Americans playing abroad. Most of the good ones are on the "Allocation List", which means you need to secure the right to sign the player from the top team on the list before you can sign them. That costs extra and can be tough to negotiate.

Tefu was earning less than R100 000 ($8 000) per month at Kaizer Chiefs despite being their best centre-back for three seasons. That's why he left. He was not even in the top eight earners at the club, which has a reputation for being a very stingy, family-run business.

From that description of your defence, Mashamaite would certainly do a job - he is strong on set-pieces, especially offensively. He is also a very good passer. Chiefs conceded just 14 goals in 30 games last season and Mashamaite played every single minute of every league game.
If the rumors are true that we just cut our starting CB I would certainly expect Tefu to at the very least to get a contract. Whether he stays for any length of time who knows but I certainly expect him to stay. We had another CB on trial but he got injured. At the very least we need bodies so I would expect him to sign unless he just clearly isn't cutting it at this level which by the sounds of it he should be solid.

Reactions: Kjbert and marky365

Basically he is everything we need. I'm especially intrigued with his good passing. Our possession style requires it and its something severely lacking from our back line.

Basically he is everything we need. I'm especially intrigued with his good passing. Our possession style requires it and its something severely lacking from our back line.

Add Pirlo and it seems you'll have a very good spine next season. Not sure about your other players (maybe you can tell me?) but obviously Lampard and Villa are great.

There has been a big movement of top Americans back to MLS the last few years, so there aren't as many top Americans still overseas. There's Geoff Cameron at Stoke, but he seems happy there. Yedlin is at Tottenham, but he just moved. Likewise Zelalem, who is developing well at Arsenal, but he's not likely to leave. There are more players in the 2nd division, but those guys are less likely to be upgrades over MLS starters.

There are quite a few Americans playing in Germany who would be great targets. Guys like Fabian Johnson and John Brooks to name just two. But, many of these guys grew up in Germany, so they are less likely to leave. Alejandro Bedoya, who plays in France, would be a good impact target. I think there are now a bunch of guys in Mexico who are starting to emerge, like Garza and Alvarado.

Then there is Aron Johannsson in the Eriedivisie, who has been discussed a bunch. He is a good target to come to MLS, but securing his rights will be tricky for reasons that apply to many of Americans playing abroad. Most of the good ones are on the "Allocation List", which means you need to secure the right to sign the player from the top team on the list before you can sign them. That costs extra and can be tough to negotiate.

the allocation order makes me want to hang myself. horrendous rule, even by the weird mls standards.

the allocation order makes me want to hang myself. horrendous rule, even by the weird mls standards.
I don't quite get it. It seems kind of like a Russian roulette game. When LA, NYC, Seattle are up next, players will likely rush to sign. When Columbus or Dallas are up next, all the Americans around the world take a step backward hoping some other poor schmuck will take the bullet.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't quite get it. It seems kind of like a Russian roulette game. When LA, NYC, Seattle are up next, players will likely rush to sign. When Columbus or Dallas are up next, all the Americans around the world take a step backward hoping some other poor schmuck will take the bullet.

Trades. Smaller market teams can trade their status for cold hard cash. Everybody wins.

For what it's worth (and that's nothing), John Brooks and Aron Johannsen have ended up on NYCFC in every Football Manager game I've played (as Chelsea).

Kyle Beckerman's ended up with us on every NYCFC save I've played, because it's Kyle Beckerman.

I don't know any native Americans personally, but I did work at a shop with a Cigar Indian in the door.

indian_221x200.jpg

This may have made it elsewhere, but if not, news is bad re Chicharito breaking his collarbone in a friendly which may disrupt a transfer to any MLS team.

Trades. Smaller market teams can trade their status for cold hard cash. Everybody wins.
Yes. If they trade. If not, Columbus could singlehandedly end all future transfers of USMNT players to MLS by simply holding onto their #1 spot.

Or is there a use it or lose it policy?

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Status
Not open for further replies.