Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to frank, but you can cross Jozy off your list. He is off to Lille or the Bundesliga. Wermer offered 7 Million for him - we would be crazy to even approach that number.

I'm not sold that Mix Diskerud wants to be here. What if we were able to use our allocation spot to negotiate with Mix and trade him to Seattle for Jordan Morris? Would you sign up for that?

Regarding Bedoya...I think he is easily the most talented of the three right now. His work rate would be perfect for MLS. I don't think he is great at anything, but I do believe he could play in any league in the world - much like Clint Dempsey when he first entered Europe. He's not a star, but he is the best US player abroad right now. The money that would have to be involved to bring him back wage wise would rival Tim Cahill. Would have to be $2-3 Million in wages.

Ultimately, Bedoya is the best fit for this team, for Kreis and for us. It would just involve a transfer fee - TrnsfrMrkt estimates it would be somewhere in the $2.5 Million range.
doesnt bedoy have other suitors in europe as well. I dont think he will come back if there are euro suitors, especially when his contract is up in June.

Maybe a brek shea? i dont know what his status is since i have not heard from him in a while, dont know if anyone has mentioned him, too lazy to look back a few thread pages in the days i havent been in these boards

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
I hate to frank, but you can cross Jozy off your list. He is off to Lille or the Bundesliga. Wermer offered 7 Million for him - we would be crazy to even approach that number.

I'm not sold that Mix Diskerud wants to be here. What if we were able to use our allocation spot to negotiate with Mix and trade him to Seattle for Jordan Morris? Would you sign up for that?

Regarding Bedoya...I think he is easily the most talented of the three right now. His work rate would be perfect for MLS. I don't think he is great at anything, but I do believe he could play in any league in the world - much like Clint Dempsey when he first entered Europe. He's not a star, but he is the best US player abroad right now. The money that would have to be involved to bring him back wage wise would rival Tim Cahill. Would have to be $2-3 Million in wages.

Ultimately, Bedoya is the best fit for this team, for Kreis and for us. It would just involve a transfer fee - TrnsfrMrkt estimates it would be somewhere in the $2.5 Million range.
I am all about that jordan morris. He's the hope of the Nat team going forward.

doesnt bedoy have other suitors in europe as well. I dont think he will come back if there are euro suitors, expecially when his contract is up in June.

Maybe a break shea? i dont know what his status is since i have not heard from him in a while, dont know if anyone has mentioned him, too lazy to look back a few thread pages in the days i havent been in these boards
Rumors are he's off to Orlando

I am all about that jordan morris. He's the hope of the Nat team going forward.
Morris> Mix? Really? You think their comparable already or are you banking on Morris to become "the man"?

I would add Bedoya to that list
Am I the only one who isn't sold at all on Bedoya? He works hard and is a nice shuttler, but he lacks technical talent to justify a DP spot.

I'd hold off on signing him. If he weren't on the USMNT, there'd be zero consideration of signing him on DP wages on talent alone.

Reactions: Trone
Id be happy with either klejstan or Mix. Mix is possible. Playing alongside lampard and villa and under a coach like kreis can deff entice him. Also, we have good european connections here. Deff possible.

Could you imagine if a 4th dp slot is made and mix doesn't count as a dp? Could have a seriously solid team.

----Villa------Dp3--------------Mullins---
-------------Lampard--------------------
--------Mix------------DP4----------------

total badass. Could deff make all those haters who think we are the next chivas eat their own fecal matter they consistently expel out of their mouths.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Rumors are he's off to Orlando
My wife was really happy about this news. I'm on the first row of the second deck. Watching him sprint past everyone only to send a dribbler right into a defender's foot for an entire season would have proved too much for me to resist the temptation to fling myself to the seats below. And my life insurance isn't that good, so I'm worth more to the old lady alive than dead.

I have forethought like that.

He's going to be the man
He might. But I'd take TomThom over Jordan based on what I've seen (not a lot of Jordan). That kid is silky smooth. I wish there was a way to get him out of SJ and into a squad where he wouldn't have his creativity stifled. Put that kid on a LigaMX team, and they'd be encouraging him to take people on and "try shit".

I mean, I'd be all for having a guy like Tommy having some run outs as a 2nd striker or at the tip of the diamond. He's also younger that Jordan and less likely to be a career MLS guy. So why isn't that a negative? I want to see MLS grow, and I think the more we can sell great players to big clubs, the more aware the rest of the world will become as to how our young league has improved.

Of course, that's not the endgame - the endgame is developing and keeping great players, augmenting your squad with the best available outside talent. But I think the next rung on the ladder is turning out more players that top 4/5 leagues want. (Now, we do have the little passport problem, so we'll never be a true "feeder" league. Thanks, FA. But nothing wrong with selling talent on. Hell, ManU, MC, LFC and Arsenal are "feeder" teams to varying extents.)

Yes, I would love to have Mix, but also I'd like to have a younger guy such as or similar to Tommy (not that there are a lot of guys similar to him in the US youth player pool).

I mean, wouldn't watching guys do shit like he does make you feel like you were getting your money's worth as a fan? Just the confidence to something like that move against FC Dallas is nuts. 19 years old, a couple of hundred minutes of 1st team footy experience. NO FUCKING PROBLEM. I'll just chip to myself, fake the volley, scoop turn and fire. That's more skill moves in 4 seconds than you'd see in all of RBNY's existence.
CLICK AND WATCH IF YOU HAVEN'T.

Here are all of his first touches from his first start.
Just the crazy touch in the box extracted:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014...ves-box#ooid=9rODlybzq2FbG3sh1R9VNwhGJeLakUM6

And look at this absolutely SICK touch:

Last edited:
Reactions: doctorhoosier
Rumors are that Mix doesn't want to play in NYC. He wants to play in Seattle.

If Mix and Jozy are the only guys worth grabbing right now and if you are going to lose your #1 allocation spot after the year, you need to get something in return for it.

If Mix and Jozy are the only guys worth grabbing right now and if you are going to lose your #1 allocation spot after the year, you need to get something in return for it.
I hadn't heard that. Mix always wears NY hats. For whatever that is worth.

I think Morris has a chance at being fantastic, but I don't know that you give up a chance at a Jozy Altidore for him right now.

Jozy has clearly not been up to snuff at Sunderland, but the guy would be a class striker in MLS both technically and physically.

For real. The thought that Jozy wouldn't be good in MLS is indefensible. He'd be the best striker in the league, and yeah, I'm counting Cubo and Defoe. He is capable of playing some clever balls and scoring goals when he's not stuck being a battering ram. Stick him on a team combining with Villa and he'd be good for 15 goals if he had to play with his off-foot.

Here is what he did as a 16, 17, 18 year old at RBNY - roughly a goal every 2 games. Poor guy has gone full Knoblauch in England for whatever reason. Looking forward to him getting out, whether to here (not my first choice for him) or elsewhere.

Year Club GP GS G MIN A SHT SOG FC OFF Y R
2008 New York Red Bulls 8 7 3 665 1 13 8 18 4 0 0
2007 New York Red Bulls 22 15 9 1399 4 43 20 38 12 4 0
2006 New York Red Bulls 7 3 3 329 0 7 5 11 1 1 0
Career Totals 37 25 15 2393 5 63 33 67 17 5 0

Last edited:

At the risk of pissing off Falastur by replying to multiple posts consecutively, I have to ask if you have a source. Even if it's just messageboard chatter, I'd love to know where you heard it just to satisfy my curiousity. I certainly don't have a reason to refute or not believe you.

@Falastur : it's not my fault. The posts I replied to weren't there when I posted my prior ones. If you combine them, don't take away my reps. I am saving them up to trade in for an internet cool guy jacket.

He might. But I'd take TomThom over Jordan based on what I've seen (not a lot of Jordan). That kid is silky smooth. I wish there was a way to get him out of SJ and into a squad where he wouldn't have his creativity stifled. Put that kid on a LigaMX team, and they'd be encouraging him to take people on and "try shit".

That kid (edit: Tommy Thompson) has some onions and I like it. Besides his touch, what I noticed in that SJ/Sea clip is that he had a lot of freedom to move around the pitch. There were multiple occasions when he was tracking back to SJ's defensive line too to help out.

What you drinking, can I have some ;)
The egg nog is strong in this one.

That kid (edit: Tommy Thompson) has some onions and I like it. Besides his touch, what I noticed in that SJ/Sea clip is that he had a lot of freedom to move around the pitch. There were multiple occasions when he was tracking back to SJ's defensive line too to help out.

I can tell you from watching him in college that the kid is a bulldog in defense when pressing the backline. He pops out at you on film, for sure. He'll be a stud if he grows stronger and just a bit more athletic.

Reactions: Paul
Status
Not open for further replies.