Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early to plan, but LAFC could look to add him in a few years as their first DP/superstar.
Hmmm plausible but it's too close for WC if mex makes it, he may want to stay in Europe since piojo released his inner klinsman and has suggested for players to go to Europe an stay over there as long as they can. But anything can change from now and then

I'm thinking our 3rd DP is coming out of Europe and it'll happen in January during the window. Otherwise we'd have him signed already. thats why I don't think it'll be Mix because we could have grabbed him already.

Reactions: Kjbert
Mix could be waiting until the transfer window to see if any larger european clubs come calling.

I'm thinking our 3rd DP is coming out of Europe and it'll happen in January during the window. Otherwise we'd have him signed already. thats why I don't think it'll be Mix because we could have grabbed him already.

This. What if the Third DP is someone that no one has mentioned. What if he is a guy like the kid Orlando just signed? Or a DP that doesn't make headlines.

Can we reasonably expect every DP to be David Villa or Frank Lampard?

How would you all feel if this player didn't join until the summer?

How would you all feel if this player didn't join until the summer?
Depends. If #8 reports when he's supposed to, then I don't have a problem waiting. If #8 going to remain where he is, then the team has to do something to be competitive and would have to sign the next DP asap.

Way too early to plan, but LAFC could look to add him in a few years as their first DP/superstar.
What do you mean first DP/superstar? The DP rule was created for them to sign David Beckham. You aren't saying Hernandez is a bigger star than him, are you?

What do you mean first DP/superstar? The DP rule was created for them to sign David Beckham. You aren't saying Hernandez is a bigger star than him, are you?

No, the 2017 expansion team. Chicharito is going to sign another contract somewhere, but after that one MLS may be an option? And if so, LAFC would be a favorite to sign him.

Well the guy scored 30 goals in 28 games in the Eredivisie one year, there is no doubt in my mind Altidore would immediately be the best striker in MLS.

Jozy had 23 goals and 5 assists in 33 games in the Eredivisie in 12/13, making him the fourth top scorer that season. Those are phenomenal numbers, but they're not that uncommon in the Eredivisie. Luis Suarez bagged 35G + 17A in 09/10. John Guidetti had 20G + 8A in 11/12 (he was 19 at the time). Wilfried Bony had 31G + 8A in 12/13. Graziano Pelle had 23G + 6A last year. Out of those players, only Suarez and Bony were the leading goalscorers in their respective seasons. Jozy would be a great addition for any MLS club, but I think immediately being the best MLS striker is a bit of a stretch. That being said, I would welcome him with open arms if Kreis/Reyna brought him in. I would think better value for our dollar is available, though.

Has anyone heard anything more about the Gignac possibility? He was linked to us a few months ago, and now I can't find the source.

I've been wondering about Gignac recently as well. His contract expires next summer. And he just turned 29. Not a big a name, but someone we could hopefully rely on for awhile.

Sneijder would be the dream for a diamond formation.

Have we heard anything on that dude Andres Mendoza that supposedly signed here?

Have we heard anything on that dude Andres Mendoza that supposedly signed here?

There's actually a thread dedicated to this guy. From what I saw he signed with another club. However, I did some research and found that this club has been a known resource for investors to avoid taxes. It's basically a shell company. So we actually don't know what his situation is. It is very possible he could be announced to us during the transfer window. But to elaborate on how this all works in South America people actually invest in players to help them train and live. You can find a lot about how these types of organizations work if you look up some articles on how Neymar's transfer to Europe happened.

Reactions: Kjbert and DiRoma
Jozy had 23 goals and 5 assists in 33 games in the Eredivisie in 12/13, making him the fourth top scorer that season. Those are phenomenal numbers, but they're not that uncommon in the Eredivisie. Luis Suarez bagged 35G + 17A in 09/10. John Guidetti had 20G + 8A in 11/12 (he was 19 at the time). Wilfried Bony had 31G + 8A in 12/13. Graziano Pelle had 23G + 6A last year. Out of those players, only Suarez and Bony were the leading goalscorers in their respective seasons. Jozy would be a great addition for any MLS club, but I think immediately being the best MLS striker is a bit of a stretch. That being said, I would welcome him with open arms if Kreis/Reyna brought him in. I would think better value for our dollar is available, though.

Has anyone heard anything more about the Gignac possibility? He was linked to us a few months ago, and now I can't find the source.
Gignac's rumor came from Jim following NYCFC on Twitter. Not much else to that rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.