Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing a name out there: Robinho would be fantastic IMO. Rumors that the Revs and Orlando are fighting over him, but I think he'd fit really nicely into NYCFC. He's still only 30, has a tonne of experience and can play in several positions (LW, RW, ST, CAM).

From what I ahve read of Kries and his time at RSL, I don't think Robinho is the type of player that would fit into his system.

I could see De Rossi moving to MLS at some point. He loves the US and has talked a lot about possibly making the move one day. He vacations here all the time.

Maybe not as big of a name as Pirlo. But he's still a world cup winner and will have over 100 caps to his name by the time retires.

Stuart Brennan is a decent journalist but the "reports from Holland" and "reports from Turkey" make me suspect that this is all conjecture and hyperbole.

Also a local journalist who (if I recall right) had the conviction to publicly defend himself and MEN on Blue Moon in the past after being criticised (like virtually every other sports journalist in the universe on there)

Strange rumour though (as relates to WS joining NYCFC) considering the age gap between WS and Lampard.

Sudden explosion of Xavi mentions on twitter (after searching NYCFC) and he's been quoted as saying (translated copy/paste from Goal Indonesia)

Veteran Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez said, he could have a career is currently in the United States . However , this did not happen because Luis Enrique to persuade him to stay at Camp Nou .

As is known , heavily reported Xavi will move to Major League Soccer ( MLS ) to join the New York City FC last summer .
" Yes , I was about to go to America . Luis then convinced me to survive . He said that I still deserve to be in the team . He proves his words , " said Xavi .

Unless I've forgotten something I believe this is the first time Xavi has commented himself on NYCFC. There was a story by Nick Chavez few weeks back who heard from a source that Xavi was very close to signuing. Who knows maybe its his same source who believes Lampard will be at New York for start of season.

EDIT-Infact here's a tweet from Chavez on November 18 which seems to indicate it is the same source.

@NickChavesMLS: SOURCE: Lampard will indeed be with #NYCFC in preseason/season debut. Also, Xavi was very close to signing.

Last edited:
Just throwing a name out there: Robinho would be fantastic IMO. Rumors that the Revs and Orlando are fighting over him, but I think he'd fit really nicely into NYCFC. He's still only 30, has a tonne of experience and can play in several positions (LW, RW, ST, CAM).

If you thought Balotelli was a lazy player, Robinho will teach you a whole other level of laziness.

Lots of different sources on Twitter are saying Mix to Xolos... Guess you can scratch off the US international list. As USMNT fan, I like the move.
If they would just do a damn Anglais simulcast, I'd really appreciate it. I try to watch LigaMX sometimes now, and it takes until someone scores before I even know which team is which.

I guess it would make some sense given where his family is from (Arizona).

Thank god we took that first spot in the allocation order. What would we do without it?

Reactions: Kjbert
If mix goes to Mexico, I could see us going for klejstan. He isn't getting much playing time in Belgium.

If mix goes to Mexico, I could see us going for klejstan. He isn't getting much playing time in Belgium.
Does Sacha even know what his actual best position is? I've seen him all over midfield, but I still don't know where his most natural fit happens to be.

And not for DP money. Although, given the interst here in getting someone to appeal to various sub-groups of NYers, he could be a big hit. He's got a big appeal with the "ironic facial hair" segment of NYC's population. I just don't know how many of them will buy shirts though.

Reactions: Kjbert
I didn't know Fabian was disliked there. I know he's been injured. We could convert him to either a RM or LM

Status
Not open for further replies.