Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me throw a name out there, someone that I think could play a great D-Mid here for us and with the addition of Shea, Mix, Altidore and probably Klejstan to MLS, he has to be thinking of leaving Europe. He has played DM in the past for club and country and is trying to play there again.

Geoff Cameron.

I don't know what his wages are. I've actually spent some time trying to find that out. But let's say that new "Super DP" rule goes through. He's a guy that could play CB, RB or DM. He wants to play DM and I thought he played it decently (albeit one game) in the World Cup. If you could fit him in as a Super DP Contract, I would love to see him here. I assume Houston no longer has a claim on him since he was sold. And Garber announced that the allocation order rules are changing with the CBA.

I would love if that happened. The only problem I see is that if he came he would also be our best center back, so would probably play there more than DM.

Let me throw a name out there, someone that I think could play a great D-Mid here for us and with the addition of Shea, Mix, Altidore and probably Klejstan to MLS, he has to be thinking of leaving Europe. He has played DM in the past for club and country and is trying to play there again.

Geoff Cameron.

I don't know what his wages are. I've actually spent some time trying to find that out. But let's say that new "Super DP" rule goes through. He's a guy that could play CB, RB or DM. He wants to play DM and I thought he played it decently (albeit one game) in the World Cup. If you could fit him in as a Super DP Contract, I would love to see him here. I assume Houston no longer has a claim on him since he was sold. And Garber announced that the allocation order rules are changing with the CBA.

Transfermarkt has him worth around $4 million €. And his contract doesn't expire until 2016

Transfermarkt has him worth around $4 million €. And his contract doesn't expire until 2016

I think in the summer, knowing he is able to sign on a free in January of 2016, his value should be greatly reduced for transfer purposes.

Just a name. Might not be our name, but a name.

MIguel Ibarra

He'll be available in the USL/Pro draft that Kreis fucked up and gave to Orlando... that doesn't mean they'll be able to sign him though. Minnesota has to agree to sell him too. But I am sure we could make it happen.

He'll be available in the USL/Pro draft that Kreis fucked up and gave to Orlando... that doesn't mean they'll be able to sign him though. Minnesota has to agree to sell him too. But I am sure we could make it happen.

The problem with Ibarra is that 1) he is now USMNT and 2) he has to be purchased which will make him a DP most likely.

The problem with Ibarra is that 1) he is now USMNT and 2) he has to be purchased which will make him a DP most likely.

No way he's a DP. Purchase yes and no ways it's cheap. I heard they have him for something crazy like 7 years. But there is 0% chance he's a DP.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I would love if that happened. The only problem I see is that if he came he would also be our best center back, so would probably play there more than DM.
This is always the question with Cameron. One analyst will put him at CB, another at RB and yet another will say his best is DM. When your too versatile it can hurt your career.
I personally like him best at DM.

This is always the question with Cameron. One analyst will put him at CB, another at RB and yet another will say his best is DM. When your too versatile it can hurt your career.
I personally like him best at DM.
Yeah agreed. I said something similar in the thread about Javier Calle.

That's really awesome. The only problem I see is that sometimes youth players that are very good at a lot of things, but don't stand out at one particular thing get shuffled around a lot and end up not fulfilling their potential. I have a lot of trust in Kreis and the coaching staff so I think it will be fine, though.

We can always get christian ramirez too. He and Ibarra have been studys in the NASL.
Both Ibarra and Ramirez have MLS discovery claims on them. I can't remember, but I think RB or Montreal claim Ibarra and Ramirez is claimed by Galaxy or something. So NYC would have to trade to get their MLS rights. Not DPs though, no way. However, MNUTD really like them and want to keep them.

Reactions: Kjbert
No way he's a DP. Purchase yes and no ways it's cheap. I heard they have him for something crazy like 7 years. But there is 0% chance he's a DP.

If I pay Minnesota $1 Million to get Ibarra, then have to spread that money over his contract - then yes, absolutely he is a DP. For the same reason that Maurice Edu was a DP last year - it's about the transfer fee.

If I pay Minnesota $1 Million to get Ibarra, then have to spread that money over his contract - then yes, absolutely he is a DP. For the same reason that Maurice Edu was a DP last year - it's about the transfer fee.
True, IF they paid that they would most likely be a DP (unless paid down by allocation).
However no MLS team are ever going to play any NASL team $1 million for a player. Not. In. Our. Lifetime.

It will be 100k at most or more probably a handshake agreement to mutually cancel contract so they can play in the big league. With that said, MN will hold tight to those two.

True, IF they paid that they would most likely be a DP (unless paid down by allocation).
However no MLS team are ever going to play any NASL team $1 million for a player. Not. In. Our. Lifetime.

It will be 100k at most or more probably a handshake agreement to mutually cancel contract so they can play in the big league. With that said, MN will hold tight to those two.

So if MN will hold on to them right, that means they have a high value right?

Geoff Cameron.

He is a very good player but I wouldn't want him as a d mid tbh

So if MN will hold on to them right, that means they have a high value right?
I would love for NYC to sign them, but I am not sure they are deal breakers. I am not sure any MLS team would say "those 2 would put us over the top". As such, no MLS team will pay any large amount for the transfer. So what is truly their value? MNUTD think they are important and good for them. They should keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.