Official Vent Thread

There has to be something other than badly (and sometimes not badly) photoshopped pyramid-shaped action shots of every player on a team whenever something happens (like qualify for continental sports, win league, avoid relegation, etc.). It's getting so old now, find something new!

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo
We are 21 points off the top of the league. 21.

TWENTY ONE
Yea but how many points off 9th?

Eddie Murphy Laughing GIF

Been dealing with a leak issue in my room in my apartment for about a month and a half, that's how long it took the property management to get someone to fix it.

Finally issue was fixed last week....... And now I have what looks like a spider infestation in my room. Great.

Can't catch a break and it's frustrating beyond belief.

Spider… infestation? I didn’t even know that was a thing 😬 I thought they were more the solitary hunter type

Spider… infestation? I didn’t even know that was a thing 😬 I thought they were more the solitary hunter type
I think, looking back on it and after reading up a bunch last night, a mom spider opened a sack and a bunch of baby spiders came out.

Needless to say, last night I sprayed almost an entire bottle of Raid on the various walls and ceiling of my room, closed the door, slept in the living room, and came back this morning to an empty ceiling... so I'm hoping that means it warded them off? Still contacted the property management team like "get me an exterminator asap pls, i asked you a month ago and no one showed up".

• Wow
Reactions: Kenny
About 2 weeks ago, I looked ahead at the schedule to figure out when I can get my daughter to a game while she is home from school for the summer. Since her term ended, there have been very limited home games and some conflicts for the few that have taken place.

Bottom line, this Sunday is the only option. We're driving her back the week of August 20 and it's far from certain both she and I will be able to go to the Minnesota game that day. So we're going to see a glorified friendly against IDGAF FC.

I fucking hate the League Cup.

• Sad
Reactions: Shwafta and JCMore
About 2 weeks ago, I looked ahead at the schedule to figure out when I can get my daughter to a game while she is home from school for the summer. Since her term ended, there have been very limited home games and some conflicts for the few that have taken place.

Bottom line, this Sunday is the only option. We're driving her back the week of August 20 and it's far from certain both she and I will be able to go to the Minnesota game that day. So we're going to see a glorified friendly against IDGAF FC.

Yeah, where I sit pretty ignorant of the leagues cup I’ll watch our games but that’s about it. I’m using this as a time to focus on the World Cup in Aus/NZ.

Good thing is, as much as you hate the leagues cup. You and your daughter are gonna have a good time together. Hopefully the drums are rocking and the stadium is jumping a bit and and the team finds a way to pull out a W and we can go home feeling good for a change.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Good thing is, as much as you hate the leagues cup. You and your daughter are gonna have a good time together. Hopefully the drums are rocking and the stadium is jumping a bit and and the team finds a way to pull out a W and we can go home feeling good for a change.
For sure. How's that saying go? Hate the tournament, not the game? Plus I really enjoyed the visiting fans at the Campeones Cup last year. I'm not planning on sitting there with a grimace affixed to my face.

Reactions: Shwafta

Sooo group stages are over, and a lot of people on the internet have changed their negative opinions about leagues club to more positive vibes. Any changes in your mind mgarbowski mgarbowski ?

Sooo group stages are over, and a lot of people on the internet have changed their negative opinions about leagues club to more positive vibes. Any changes in your mind mgarbowski mgarbowski ?
Not really. The best thing has been having a few games on various nights instead of all at the same time. They could do something like that in the regular season - at least spread games over Fri-Sat-Sun maybe - but they choose not to.

But I still find no special interest in additional games against Toronto, RB and oooh - either the Union or DC if we win. I get they want to reduce travel, but it would at least be a bit more interesting if we played some of the West teams we now seem to play less often than Atlas. And yes, putting us with Atlas was stupid. The announced the "rules" for group matchups after the results they were based on, so matching NYCFC with Atlas was a choice. Do they think we have a budding rivalry?

Not even an extra RB game helps. My positon is Yankee Mets games became overdone within 3 years of interleague play. It's not special when it's all the damn time. We've played RB more times than any team. Three league games every year to start. For a while we couldn't avoid them in USOC. I really don't need more, especially midweek in Harrison. Two game a year is perfect. One H, one A. When a playoff match up finally happens that will be fun.
Toronto is close to next most games against, and terrible. Luck of the draw and all that, and five goals was fun, but I'd rather watch a competent opponent.

Nothing undoes that we played multiple DGWs with short rosters during the Gold Cup to fit this in and that was stupid.
Nothing undoes that we had only 2 games in NYC spread over more than 9 weeks because of the disruption of this in the heart of the summer. We have stadium issues yes, but nothing like this ever happened before. Not even close. It stinks.
So, no change in my opinion, I guess.

FWIW, I did enjoy this meme, even though I hate Ohio. But it's not enough.

1690930137711.png
It's the "ope" that makes it.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Not really. The best thing has been having a few games on various nights instead of all at the same time. They could do something like that in the regular season - at least spread games over Fri-Sat-Sun maybe - but they choose not to.

But I still find no special interest in additional games against Toronto, RB and oooh - either the Union or DC if we win. I get they want to reduce travel, but it would at least be a bit more interesting if we played some of the West teams we now seem to play less often than Atlas. And yes, putting us with Atlas was stupid. The announced the "rules" for group matchups after the results they were based on, so matching NYCFC with Atlas was a choice. Do they think we have a budding rivalry?

Not even an extra RB game helps. My positon is Yankee Mets games became overdone within 3 years of interleague play. It's not special when it's all the damn time. We've played RB more times than any team. Three league games every year to start. For a while we couldn't avoid them in USOC. I really don't need more, especially midweek in Harrison. Two game a year is perfect. One H, one A. When a playoff match up finally happens that will be fun.
Toronto is close to next most games against, and terrible. Luck of the draw and all that, and five goals was fun, but I'd rather watch a competent opponent.

Nothing undoes that we played multiple DGWs with short rosters during the Gold Cup to fit this in and that was stupid.
Nothing undoes that we had only 2 games in NYC spread over more than 9 weeks because of the disruption of this in the heart of the summer. We have stadium issues yes, but nothing like this ever happened before. Not even close. It stinks.
So, no change in my opinion, I guess.

FWIW, I did enjoy this meme, even though I hate Ohio. But it's not enough.

View attachment 12929
It's the "ope" that makes it.
The whole point of this tournament is to have Liga MX and MLS teams facing each other, but we're going to face MLS teams until at least the quarterfinals. Feels like there needs to be more work on making sure we face Mexican teams in knockouts.

I think it has the potential to be a really fun event, but I think I'd prefer it be like the FA Cup where there are games spread out throughout the season. I don't really like stopping the season for over a month.

The whole point of this tournament is to have Liga MX and MLS teams facing each other, but we're going to face MLS teams until at least the quarterfinals. Feels like there needs to be more work on making sure we face Mexican teams in knockouts.

I think it has the potential to be a really fun event, but I think I'd prefer it be like the FA Cup where there are games spread out throughout the season. I don't really like stopping the season for over a month.

West had 3 groups and 3 LMX teams. Central had 4 and 4. South and East both had 4 groups and 5 LMX teams. So we actually had an above average chance of facing LMX teams in knockout. It is just random that we end up in a bracket with the first 2 possible games being East teams we play all the time.
But it's bad that if we play Atlas again it would be in the Quarterfinals. Standard Tournament seeding puts the 2 teams who survive each group on opposite sides of the bracket so they cannot meet again until the final, which is always unlikely, but if it happens it happens. But they are committed to limiting long travel because the entire knockout is one short rest after another. And that is a function of your gripe: playing the entire tournament in a time period that is too short for its own purposes but too long for the problems it generates in the regular season.
They're just trying to do too much.

It's kind of ironic because Burki said this right after St. Louis got eliminated and now have 3.5 weeks off. But for teams who advance even halfway through knockout they added 6 games to a 34 games league schedule, plus USOC and for a few, CCL. It's too much. I fear MLS will drop USOC, which would suck for reasons of tradition and history and also not solve much because it is the least intensive element of the crowded schedule. IF MLS does drop USOC my Leagues Cup hatred will reach new levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Cos and Shwafta
It's so funny to me that we now will have had a HRD in every tournament possible except MLS playoffs. (Not counting CCL for this just bc of the sheer unlikelihood, and it's not a recurring yearly thing)

Reactions: mgarbowski