Official Vent Thread

Youtube TV is raising rates again next month citing rising content costs. It will go from $65 to $73/month.

This makes me disgruntled and will have to re-evaluate my watching habits and needs.
When thinking about it also consider if annually and if you can drop for a few months. Once NFL season ended (redzone) and Yellowstone & walking dead seasons ended, i cancelled my sling. Kept my other apps (paramount, peacock, Netflix, apple, etc…). I’ll re-up when those 2 shows start up again saving like $200 over 4 months, dropping my cost for sling from $50 p/m to around $35 p/m. No contracts lets us get creative. I’m also thinking of not keeping those other subscriptions all year round and maybe just having each for a few months a year to binge all those shows at once dropping those cost too.

When thinking about it also consider if annually and if you can drop for a few months. Once NFL season ended (redzone) and Yellowstone & walking dead seasons ended, i cancelled my sling. Kept my other apps (paramount, peacock, Netflix, apple, etc…). I’ll re-up when those 2 shows start up again saving like $200 over 4 months, dropping my cost for sling from $50 p/m to around $35 p/m. No contracts lets us get creative. I’m also thinking of not keeping those other subscriptions all year round and maybe just having each for a few months a year to binge all those shows at once dropping those cost too.

This is exactly what I am planning to do. Just keeping what I really want and only subscribing when full seasons are posted and binging. lol.

also, taking advantage of any free trials that may be offered. btw PSA - paramount is offering 1 month free trial and when you go to cancel after 3 weeks, it will offer another month for free. so 2 months total. been watching champions and europa league with none of that golazo show hassle (not that it is a bad show)

Reactions: adam
Had a great time Sat night.

Sunday, I woke up feeling generally crumby and skipped my regular Sun morning game. Felt worse as the day went on with mild stomach aches. Went to bed early.

I woke up just after midnight Monday with a lot of pain in my lower right abdomen. I knew what that could mean, and I was right. I tried to sleep, but the pain got worse, and it kept me up. I finally went to the hospital around 9 and began the single most uncomfortable day in my life. The CT scan confirmed appendicitis. The pain got worse and worse. Finally went in for surgery at 5. The appendix had perforate, but only a little. I am now laid up in the hospital but feeling better. About to turn on AppleTV And catch some games.

Sunday, I woke up feeling generally crumby and skipped my regular Sun morning game. Felt worse as the day went on with mild stomach aches. Went to bed early.

I woke up just after midnight Monday with a lot of pain in my lower right abdomen. I knew what that could mean, and I was right. I tried to sleep, but the pain got worse, and it kept me up. I finally went to the hospital around 9 and began the single most uncomfortable day in my life. The CT scan confirmed appendicitis. The pain got worse and worse. Finally went in for surgery at 5. The appendix had perforate, but only a little. I am now laid up in the hospital but feeling better. About to turn on AppleTV And catch some games.
Feel better! <3 Glad it went OK.

Wow. Glad it seems to be resolved.

Yikes. Glad you got after it in time. Best wishes for a rapid recovery!

Feel better

Feel better Gotham!

Glad to hear you’re healing up! This happened to my son in April 2020, smack in the first months of Covid… emergency surgery. Scary. But he healed up fast (was 16 at the time) and was back to 100% in a matter of days.

Wish you all the best

Speedy recovery bro!

Feels a little weird having all these non-grumpy posts in the Vent thread LOL but I, too, am glad you're mending!

Reactions: mgarbowski