Orlando City Released Renderings Of New Stadium

Drainyoo

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 27, 2014
NYC
Looks really nice. Good for them. Is it just me, or is NYCFC really behind with their new stadium? I get that it's much more difficult to build a stadium in NYC, but it feels like there should be more progress on the design side.

Frankly I am jealous we don't have more news like OCSC. However....I gather a few things from our situation

1) We don't have a location and location may determine stadium design
2) NYCFC are pretty good about doing things behind the scenes before letting the public know. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already contacted firms to bid on stadium designs
3) We don't even have a training ground yet so yes, NYCFC is far behind.
4) We unfortunately have a longer time frame as we have Yankee's stadium as our temporary home.

Nice. They have renderings. Some of their idiot fans must have used renderings as a reason to take shots at NYCFC.

It all looks very nice. Hopefully we get some news on our end sometime soon. I feel like they're probably pretty stuck at the moment.

Frankly I am jealous we don't have more news like OCSC. However....I gather a few things from our situation

1) We don't have a location and location may determine stadium design
2) NYCFC are pretty good about doing things behind the scenes before letting the public know. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't already contacted firms to bid on stadium designs
3) We don't even have a training ground yet so yes, NYCFC is far behind.
4) We unfortunately have a longer time frame as we have Yankee's stadium as our temporary home.
We'll have ours soon enough.

I get that it's much more difficult to build a stadium in NYC, but it feels like there should be more progress on the design side.

I think the issue is that until you know the site you're going to be at, it's virtually impossible to even make preliminary designs for a stadium. Often the designs of stadia are influenced by how much space is available - especially in places like NYC, where space is at a premium - but other issues can be relevant, such as whether the ground can support certain types of construction materials, whether the ground is level and can be flattened easily, where the primary access is and whether certain sides will be hard to reach (i.e. if we went to Pier 40 it would be ridiculous to build an entrance facing out into the river), whether the amount of public transport and parking available affects the projected attendances, and so on.

Really, until NYCFC get a site 100% secured I'd be very surprised to even hear fairly basic rumours such as capacity, number of tiers and whether it will be a bowl or a square design.

What is the purpose of having one end of the bowl completely open?
Its not, its seating. The whole pitch is in a lowered bowl. See area under jumbo-tron.

4Vpg66R.jpg

I'm happy for Orlando about their stadium, but honestly I'm not too impressed by it. Especially since the front office decided to up the budget from 80 mil to over 100 mil.

I just hate open end stadium. I don't really like San Jose's and I definitely don't like Orlando's

Reactions: einwindir
We deserve a stadium like anfield. Closed, roofed (except the field) and standing only in supporters section (thats the old version but we still deserve it)

Reactions: Vito
We deserve a stadium like anfield. Closed, roofed (except the field) and standing only in supporters section (thats the old version but we still deserve it)

That and Stamford Bridge are great stadiums. I'll take either.

Reactions: Vito
I think the issue is that until you know the site you're going to be at, it's virtually impossible to even make preliminary designs for a stadium. Often the designs of stadia are influenced by how much space is available - especially in places like NYC, where space is at a premium - but other issues can be relevant, such as whether the ground can support certain types of construction materials, whether the ground is level and can be flattened easily, where the primary access is and whether certain sides will be hard to reach (i.e. if we went to Pier 40 it would be ridiculous to build an entrance facing out into the river), whether the amount of public transport and parking available affects the projected attendances, and so on.

Really, until NYCFC get a site 100% secured I'd be very surprised to even hear fairly basic rumours such as capacity, number of tiers and whether it will be a bowl or a square design.

Yeah, that all makes sense. Just wish there was some news on progress, even in terms of location.

I'm 100% all in with our club no matter what because it's our club. This was the only way NY2 would work period. I have no idea why Cosmos fans think they're some longstanding grassroots organization or a club which has been built from the ground up. Just because they look like the old Cosmos doesnt mean its the same thing. They're just as "pop up" as we are.

Orlando on the other hand is exactly how MLS clubs are supposed to be built in this day and age according to MLS itself, and its proving to work out. I just hope we can prove everyone wrong about how this will work here.

That and Stamford Bridge are great stadiums. I'll take either.

You Deserve a Stadium like the Etihad or the Emirates... Anfield, though it has history, is a dump of a stadium based on a build 100 years ago & Stamford Bridge is a mish mash of redevelopment.

The Ethad, & Emirates (Arsenal) are the modern stadiums, even teams like Southampton (St Marys) Sunderland (Stadium of Light) and Leicester City (was the Walker now sponsored elsewhere I believe) have far better stadiums by way of design than Liverpool and Chelsea. Though thats not an insult Liverpool and Chelsea have stadiums with history and atmosphere.

I want a modern stadium that puts any other MLS one to shame. Soon. I believe us being part of the CFG makes the probability of it happening pretty likely