Is it wrong that I like Chivas USA's?

I think its unique and interesting.

Not exactly sure "unique" is the word I'd use:

Chivas USA:

Chivas_USA_logo.svg

Chivas Guadalajara:

chivas_logo.gif

Thank

goodness! That was a disaster from the start. They should have at least gone with Chivas L.A.

The club was bought by the league and they run it at the moment but it will be sold and rebranded, MLS don´t want to rebrand it themselves as they feel that it´s up to the new owners.

Oh I know,
The club was bought by the league and they run it at the moment but it will be sold and rebranded, MLS don´t want to rebrand it themselves as they feel that it´s up to the new owners.
probably the best day of the off-season is when they announced the takeover! Some media are saying they may already have the new owners when they took over, but the club had so many issues that the new group wanted MLS to clean it up first. Still, it was doomed from the start, the name was just so stupid and alienated so many potential fans.
Big loss for Chivas Mexico as well. I guarantee you that eventually LA2 will be more valuable than Chivas Mexico, so Vergera is going to look back and realize how much he f*cked up.

Reactions: einwindir
Oh I know,

probably the best day of the off-season is when they announced the takeover! Some media are saying they may already have the new owners when they took over, but the club had so many issues that the new group wanted MLS to clean it up first. Still, it was doomed from the start, the name was just so stupid and alienated so many potential fans.
Big loss for Chivas Mexico as well. I guarantee you that eventually LA2 will be more valuable than Chivas Mexico, so Vergera is going to look back and realize how much he f*cked up.

Wouldn´t surprise me if Chivas Mexico also will be sold, and the new owner there had no interest in having a loss making LA club

Wouldn´t surprise me if Chivas Mexico also will be sold, and the new owner there had no interest in having a loss making LA club

I can't see it. The Mexican Chivas is owned by a Guadalajara native, a born fan. People who grow up as fans of their club and one day take control of them tend to be fairly hard to oust.

Last edited:
Chivas USA will end up moving to Sacramento rather than blowing team 24 on it. The license to own the team will be sold to the ownership group who can then take it as collateral to obtain a construction loan to build onto the 8,000 seats that they are building now.

Chivas USA will end up moving to Sacramento rather than blowing team 24 on it. The license to own the team will be sold to the ownership group who can then take it as collateral to obtain a construction loan to build onto the 8,000 seats that they are building now.

No way will they take away a team from L.A?!! :eek:

No way will they take away a team from L.A?!! :eek:
It's an internal debate with MLS currently. It's a rebranding question and whether or not it is worth the time, energy, and if it would actually work. There really isn't a way to erase the stench that Chivas USA has brought to the club, even if it is renamed, branded, etc. Realistically, moving the team to a city with an already exceptional supporter base would allow the old Chivas history to be dropped for one that will be imposed upon it by a city, club, and supporters group that is already in the fold. It allows for nearly no cost to the MLS, they regain the funds that they lost on the purchase of the club, move it to a city that doesn't have a team and desperately wants one, and can start immediately. Not to mention, goes to a city where there is literally no competition for professional sports (ie., Sacramento).

It's an internal debate with MLS currently. It's a rebranding question and whether or not it is worth the time, energy, and if it would actually work. There really isn't a way to erase the stench that Chivas USA has brought to the club, even if it is renamed, branded, etc. Realistically, moving the team to a city with an already exceptional supporter base would allow the old Chivas history to be dropped for one that will be imposed upon it by a city, club, and supporters group that is already in the fold. It allows for nearly no cost to the MLS, they regain the funds that they lost on the purchase of the club, move it to a city that doesn't have a team and desperately wants one, and can start immediately. Not to mention, goes to a city where there is literally no competition for professional sports (ie., Sacramento).

The Sacramento Kings direct a very sad face your way.

Stop....just stop....

It's not happening.