Patrick Vieira Appointed As NYCFC Coach

Well folks believe it or not I have been thinking about this for a few days since I knew Viera will be the guy taking over. And I have to be honest, now that it is official, I am pretty excited. I think first and foremost this will garner the respect of Villa and Lampard, and perhaps Pirlo if he stays with NYCFC next year. On top of that, there is no question that this guy knows soccer in and out. I think the young players we have will respond to him without question. I don't think guys like Midas and his gang can ever say Patrick Vieria doesn't know soccer or has no clue if we have a bad season again. The guy knows soccer and I just hope he presses the right buttons and is able to deal with a locker room of such diversity in terms of talent and personalities.

I am pretty excited believe or not and really looking forward to the offseason and seeing how this team plays in 2016. The good news is that this is a 3 year contract so we know for sure he will be here for at least 3 years.
I have a gang? Cool. If he makes completely ridiculous lineups, he'll eventually be subject to criticism. That's how things work.

I just want to play good football and eventually win something.

Going to choose optimism at this point

_ I can't see us having a worse season. With the DP's all year some roster changes surely we'll win more than 10 games.

_ He should have the respect of the DP's which I don't think Kreis did

_ He hopefully will get rid of Kreis' dead weight favorites like Grababoy

_ He has a proven track record with youngsters. I'm trusting him to develop Khiry and especially Poku who we know is a special talent. I'd think if Patrick could impart some of his own game into Poku's that can't possibly be a bad thing.

_ I fully expect us to get more MCFC academy players and BETTER ones loaned to us. CFG will 100 percent trust Vieira to develop them in a way they never did Kreis.

Really want this to work as a big FU to the MLS old boys network and you have to know the league attitude. We're the big bad heels to use Wrassling terminology everyone is rooting against us and it'll only be all the sweeter when we succeed because of it.

Don't a terrific job with the MCFC youth.
If I had the choice, I'd chose someone unconnected, but Viera's reputation, in coaching circles, gives me a buzz of excitement.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone know about his demeanor? His coaching style? Is he going to sit back like JK and scowl for 90 straight minutes? What about his personality?

Really want this to work as a big FU to the MLS old boys network and you have to know the league attitude. We're the big bad heels to use Wrassling terminology everyone is rooting against us and it'll only be all the sweeter when we succeed because of it.

Agreed. Also, two thumbs up for using wrassling correctly.

Anyone know about his demeanor? His coaching style? Is he going to sit back like JK and scowl for 90 straight minutes? What about his personality?
This really shouldn't be a big deal to people, but as we've learned from the Kreis hatejerk, it is apparently of vital importance. Anyone have insight here? Does he yell "rah rah" when we score?

Reactions: MagnusPax
I think CFG has a hired a manager that is is wholly on board with CFG, what Kreis relationship with the folks in manchester was we'll probably never know, but Viera is their guy. It will absolutely mean continued loans like facey and angelino, which is a good thing. Ultimately you need to win on the field, and Kreis didn't ,whether he was given enough time doesn't matter. So onward towards 2016, and good luck to our new coach.

Not sure what to think of this move yet, He's going to get the respect of our DPs and he's definitely experienced with developing players but how that will translate to winning games in MLS remains to be seen. I think as long as we have people behind the scenes who know all of the little quirks of MLS this could work.

To be honest I don´t see more than one big difference between Kreis and Vieira.. Vieira have played at the very top level, Heck.. Can we field our coach at a game? He´s about the same age as Raul, Lampard, Pirlo :D

Erm, back to topic, what I´m alluding to is that he might have another perspective from what Kreis had, which might (just might! Nota bene) make things easier for the team.

I have a gang? Cool. If he makes completely ridiculous lineups, he'll eventually be subject to criticism. That's how things work.

I just want to play good football and eventually win something.
I think the correct term would be that you have a *Firm*

"You have to show to the manager and the staff that you ... are a strong personality and not afraid to play your game."

From that interview, this is the biggest thing that jumps out as different from Kreis.

Kreis was trying to force a system on players that don't fit and didn't want to listen. Vieira will hopefully embrace the players for who they are (e.g. Poku) and put him in a position to succeed.