Patrick Vieira Appointed As NYCFC Coach

I don't think Kreis wanted any of the MCFC youth players. If you remember, Facey started training with us because he was injured and then wound up staying. On the other hand, it is entirely possible that the youth players (or their agents) didn't want to come to NYCFC because it was not considered to be a good career move. Even before Vieira I don't think that was much of an issue because this year was great experience for Facey and Angelino. I expect we will have 4 players on loan for 2016 to continue playing under Vieira.

Reactions: Jock
Pellegrini signed a two year extention in the summer so he now has 2 1/2 years left on his contract at City,Forget the City connection because from what I know Paddy was in for various jobs throughout Europe over the past 12 months but he was told to wait until if he wanted the NYCFC job and when I was told that a long time ago that's exactly how it panned out and from what i'm guessing Kreis maybe knew he was only here for the one season to setup NYCFC and knew he would be gone which is a shame but with Paddy you have a top class coach and he will take you/us onto the next level and I expect him to win the league next season or come very close.

Just back him and he will deliver I promise
Winning the league or very close? LOOOOOOOOOL. If you watched our season you'd see how far we are from that. Bournemouth has a better chance of winning the prem.
I'll take crawling into the playoffs.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Well, that's not quite fair.

If there's one beauty to MLS, it's the zeros, the losers, can strike back and quick.

Vieira could win it all. Though, it's not likely because our 3 DPs just aren't meant to be together.

Man, what might have been if Kreis was able to get Uribe instead of Pirlo. We'll never know now but we sure as hell are going to find out the fallout from not getting him.

Look what Fernando Uribe (#20 in Red) has been up to since he's not in NY...
http://www.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?storyId=2472580&src=desktop&cc=3888

Last edited:
This board is far too good for you.
Nice to see you still manage to insult people.thought you might have grown up by now.
How do you take offence at a post pointing out that Jason is too good a player for mls and is currently playing in the champions leagues ?

Jason is playing in Turkey for the season and Champions League football. Plummer isn't anywhere near good enough and Ntcham is on a 2 year loan deal at Genoa.

If four players are loaned I would like them to be Tosin Adarabioyo, 18, Centre Half, Kean Bryan, 18. Midfielder, Brandon Barker, 19, Winger & Thierry Ambrose, 18, Striker

I believe these four would make an impact on the team

Other possibilities are:

Cameron Humprhies, 17, Centre Half
Pablo Maffeo, 18, Right Back,
George Evans, 20, Midfielder
George Glendon, 19, Midfielder
Bersant Celina, 18, Midfielder
Aaron Nemane, 18, Winger

It will be interesting to see who does go if any
Not sure weather barker or maffeo would go out on six month loans at this point to mls
A decision will have to be made soon with George Evans as his career is stuck in limbo all the others are possible options

Nice to see you still manage to insult people.thought you might have grown up by now.
How do you take offence at a post pointing out that Jason is too good a player for mls and is currently playing in the champions leagues ?
I thought you Brits were adept at banter and taking the piss?

I thought you Brits were adept at banter and taking the piss?
I read the vieria thread on blue moon and was embarrassed by the amount of hostility aimed at nycfc fans which in my opinion isn't warranted.
Having read the posts on here I think most are fair and valid and as a fan base are fine.
I go on many football fan sites and the only thing you can say about Midas is he is without doubt the worst poster on any and an embarrassment to all sensible nycfc fans

Not sure about the PV appointment. I haven't watched enough EDS games to see. Also in the CFA they tend up age the players to make it harder and increase development. Playing players that are still able to play u18s in the EDS and so on. Therefore the results are not that important but the way the team plays. The one thing PV has is respect. You need this in any leadership role. I knew from day one Moyes would not work out as he has won nothing hence when the chips are down would the players listen to him. Same to a degree with JK, yeah he won the MLS but DPs are going to listen to him? Not sure. I was also not impressed with JK's tactics either. Every game is won or lost in midfield. If you can't win midfield you bypass it (long ball). We'll never know how much input he had on player selection so there is no point guessing. One thing that could happen with PV in charge is that more CFA players come over. Overall I am on the fence on this. One thing for sure it is as much make or break for PV as it is for the team. This may not be a bad thing. PV is a proven winner if that mentality rubs off on the players it may prove an inspired appointment. Looking forward to next season now!

Cut out the digs at each other. Banter is all well and good when it's honest but it's clear this is not banter but a chance to have a go. Discuss the topic at hand, not each other.
If you mean my post about Typical chity, it's because he only shows up here to be condescending or stir shit up. The board is too good for him, because he can't put his own selfish desires to be a jerk long enough to contribute a single post of value.

Unequivocally too good too good to respond so I deleted my initial post with a different tone. It's all I should have said to begin with. I won't go into how I don't understand how one always slips through the cracks. I guess it's like our board souvenir to remind us how bad it could have been.

Last edited:
MrW5mUX.gif

Winning the league or very close? LOOOOOOOOOL. If you watched our season you'd see how far we are from that. Bournemouth has a better chance of winning the prem.
I'll take crawling into the playoffs.

You will see.. Next season will be totally different because the current players would have gelled more and the players coming in will not only be signing for the huge potential but will be signing to play under a huge name in Vieira

Reactions: FootyLovin
I read the vieria thread on blue moon and was embarrassed by the amount of hostility aimed at nycfc fans which in my opinion isn't warranted.
Having read the posts on here I think most are fair and valid and as a fan base are fine.
I go on many football fan sites and the only thing you can say about Midas is he is without doubt the worst poster on any and an embarrassment to all sensible nycfc fans

Just because Bluemoon forum is like that doesn't mean everyone who supports City aim the same rubbish at NYCFC because there's too many bandwagon jumpers on Bluemoon and there's other City websites and Facebook pages like my own that welcome what's happening with the CFG

Just because Bluemoon forum is like that doesn't mean everyone who supports City aim the same rubbish at NYCFC because there's too many bandwagon jumpers on Bluemoon and there's other City websites and Facebook pages like my own that welcome what's happening with the CFG
There's good and bad on all forums ,think the fallout over lampard has tainted fans views of each other on both side .think some of the crap thrown from both sides is pathetic.
Are you a match going blue mate ?we are s /c in 137
Not as sure on viera as you mate he's only coached the kids since Lombardo left.
Think his big plus at city was his name and his ability to attract youngsters to city
Which in fairness shouldn't be hard with those facilities.
I know quite a few at city that don't tactically rate him and prefer Wilcox.
Let's hope he makes a success of it

Reactions: Christopher Jee
There's good and bad on all forums ,think the fallout over lampard has tainted fans views of each other on both side .think some of the crap thrown from both sides is pathetic.
Are you a match going blue mate ?we are s /c in 137
Not as sure on viera as you mate he's only coached the kids since Lombardo left.
Think his big plus at city was his name and his ability to attract youngsters to city
Which in fairness shouldn't be hard with those facilities.
I know quite a few at city that don't tactically rate him and prefer Wilcox.
Let's hope he makes a success of it

Yes mate i'm a season ticket holder with my son and I go to most away matches.I'm certain Vieira will be a success over at NYCFC because he was ready for the step up and he turned jobs down not just in the UK but France and Turkey because he was told this job was his.

Wilcox has done great and I expect him to take over properly from Paddy now and there's other good coaches coming through like Gareth Taylor who has been impressing with the young lads

Yes mate i'm a season ticket holder with my son and I go to most away matches.I'm certain Vieira will be a success over at NYCFC because he was ready for the step up and he turned jobs down not just in the UK but France and Turkey because he was told this job was his.

Wilcox has done great and I expect him to take over properly from Paddy now and there's other good coaches coming through like Gareth Taylor who has been impressing with the young lads
It was rumoured Swansea were looking at paddy ?
Had Andy Morrison at our supporters meet last week very very impressed with his football knowledge said he had something on the go at the moment wander if he will get involved with the kids as he's got his badges I think

Somewhat refreshing to see two brits taking the piss out of each other.... and I don't mean that tongue-in-cheek to be a chuckle-type post. I'm always curious what the MCFC supporters think of the CFG arrangement and it's good to know there are differing perspectives on the team structure and hierarchy.

But please, don't let me stop you, carry on.....