Philly Postmatch

Getting excited about JLew, but want to temper expectations. But a lot of what I saw from him today reminded me of Jack when he first came on last season.

Also, so, so glad we got this win. I was about to not watch the CL Final, any other MLS matches, or the USMNT match tonight. Now I'm gonna have all of these rolling and then stay up late enough to watch the U-20 match.

Getting excited about JLew, but want to temper expectations. But a lot of what I saw from him today reminded me of Jack when he first came on last season.

Also, so, so glad we got this win. I was about to not watch the CL Final, any other MLS matches, or the USMNT match tonight. Now I'm gonna have all of these rolling and then stay up late enough to watch the U-20 match.
I came close to leaving early. Now I'm sitting in Delta watching CL.

Jason Richards your boy showed up today. I've thought he had it in him. Glad to see it displayed.

Great job by the CBs.

Ucubed is garbage. Sweat is worse than garbage, but occasionally does a convincing impersonation of decent. Occasionally.

Villa is Legend. Not a legend. Legend.

We deserved to win by 4.

This ref was as bad or worse than Penso. It would have been entirely unjust, but not unexpected, for us to lose after dominating.

I appreciate Chanot. He's the best starting CB in MLS. EPB is the best CB in the league and Vermes lets him rot.

Lewis should be the first offensive sub when we are full strength IMO.

I don't think Villa played poorly like some are saying. He did a lot good. It just happened that Blake stood on his head today.

I enjoyed how deep Ring was playing.

Show me a better CB pairing in MLS.

The Union were complete idiots to bring Onyewu back on for ten minutes. He was messed up.

The Union were complete idiots to bring Onyewu back on for ten minutes. He was messed up.
I'll say it again on this. These players need to be evaluated by independent medical personnel and not team personnel. If a player is concussed and the decision is made by the independent doctor, then give the team one extra sub.

Towards the end of the game, after we scored, what happened around midfield that had Ring going ballistic? A Philly player got a yellow but nobody around me saw what happened.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anytime I popped in the game chat I saw some anti-Villa comments. He did everything incredibly today besides score.
Glad I missed that.

Like I said, one of his best games. He was absolutely everywhere and did everything you could ask of a center forward before moving into a 9.5 role. And rinsing and repeating the same performance in that role.

I won't take credit for it, but since I and others called out his half-assing in year 1 toward the end, he's been full on beast.

When you watch highlights, check out the ball boy behind the goal on the Chanot goal. No doubt who he is ball boying for.

During the game I saw comments that Villa had bad luck /couldn't finish. During the game that's fair. It's his main job. But I didn't take it to mean he sucked overall and on reflection I think most people realize he was quite good today. For all it's flaws, the Audi index shows it. He had top score today with no goals or assists and the index over weights both.

Glad I missed that.

Like I said, one of his best games. He was absolutely everywhere and did everything you could ask of a center forward before moving into a 9.5 role. And rinsing and repeating the same performance in that role.

I won't take credit for it, but since I and others called out his half-assing in year 1 toward the end, he's been full on beast.
Not that I disagree, but I'm surprised you are so happy with him considering he didn't score

Again, I would agree that he one of the best players on the pitch, although I wanted more from him with his finishing.

It's a joy to watch him at the end of the game when the field really opens up and it feels like he is just toying with the opposition. Draws fouls and holds the ball well.

And as annoying as it was that he didn't get 50, it was his shot that rebounded to Callens for the winner.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
When you watch highlights, check out the ball boy behind the goal on the Chanot goal. No doubt who he is ball boying for.
Haha. We were cheering the ball boy for getting us forward when we were chasing the game. I feel like I had an impact on this for calling out the bad ones, whether or not it's true.