Possible Sanctions Against Mcfc?

The further that Financial "Fairplay" goes on I am becoming more and more in favour of adopting the American-style salary and transfer rules here in Britain just so that this shambles will be put to an end and we will be freed from UEFA's corruption just that little bit. I draw the line at single entity though.
I think at some point the single entity MLS will come to an end, one way or another.

I understand why they did it, a soccer league, in America, in the mid-90s, wasn't going to survived any other way. It just barely survived as is.

But now that survival isn't an issue anymore, now I'd like to see a league in the image of any of our other leagues.

Reactions: Kinkladze
The further that Financial "Fairplay" goes on I am becoming more and more in favour of adopting the American-style salary and transfer rules here in Britain just so that this shambles will be put to an end and we will be freed from UEFA's corruption just that little bit. I draw the line at single entity though.

Never going to happen. We are talking beyond NFL and MLB scales here. On top of that you have European law which dictates that movement within Europe cannot be obstructed, and this applies to wages too. FFP is currently being challenged by this method - it will be akin to the Bosman rule.

Never going to happen. We are talking beyond NFL and MLB scales here. On top of that you have European law which dictates that movement within Europe cannot be obstructed, and this applies to wages too. FFP is currently being challenged by this method - it will be akin to the Bosman rule.

What is the link to the Bosman rule?

City have been fined £50m and get their CL squad size limited

Remember when Barca was punished and wasn't allowed to have transfers during the next two windows? Same thing will happen here. UEFA will back down on this. Not to say there won't be some degree of punishment as there should but let's get it in order.

EU was built to assure free movement of labour and capital.. The laws are geared towards that which makes anything contradicting it complicated, UEFA found that out with the Bosman ruling.

Reactions: Coop and Kinkladze
The Sheikh wiped £305million debt away! Very nice of him by all accounts.

It was indeed, and is called equity conversion (happens quite a lot in the business world at large).

But it is still a very good counterpoint to your earlier argument. Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Milan, Juventus, and Porto are heavily indebted. Several of those have been bailed out by their national governments on several occasions. That is the very definition of spending what you have not earned. In the event that they have several poor years—losing out on sponsorship, tournament prize money, and merchandising revenue—each could be in dire straights. The same would not be the case with Manchester City, Chelsea, or PSG. The owners would be very upset, no doubt, and there would be sweeping changes, but the club would be financially safe.

Many others have presented very good points regarding the absurdity of the current iteration of FFP. I agree with nearly all of them and have studied it quite extensively. But my thoughts above are, in my opinion, the biggest hypocrisy of the regulations. They are mockery of actual financial guidelines that would have legitimately limited market volatility.

I'm not sure. Must just be a precedent set in European law that doesn't exist int eh US.
Anything like the US salary cap can't exist in the EU without the prior agreement of workers, which won't happen in this regard.
The Bosman Ruling is relevant as UEFA tried to say that as a sporting body their regulations didn't have to convene to/defer to EU statutes and they were told in pretty definite terms that they were in fact governed.
Articles 101+102 of EU law (our basic antitrust statutes) make it illegal to impose spending caps that impair the ability of one business (club) to compete with another, they also make it illegal to exert downward pressure on salaries and fees and lastly, much like US Antitrust law, it is also illegal to stop an owner from investing in his business as he sees fit, which the break even rule de facto does by ruling out equity investment as a source of income.

It is far from certain that Dupont's challenge will see FFP cease to exist, but the opinion from many respected legal minds and recent comments from the European Commission indicate that either it will cease to exist or change very drastically in order to survive.

Didn't the EU just throw DuPont's case out of court?
The EC told him to take it to a Belgian court as it was sufficiently straightforward that they didn't need to rule on it, they also said that any ruling against FFP in a national court would bind the whole EU, it's a good lesson in spin if you read UEFA's press release and the EC's, the EC one doesn't sound promising for UEFA, they've (UEFA) on the other hand either not read or completely disregarded the EC statement and claimed ' challenge defeated', it hasn't been, the EC have given permission to all affected parties to challenge it at National and EU level as it's 'obviously in violation of certain treaties of the union'.

It´s not really EC but ECJ that might rule on FFPR on behalf of EU if Du Pont wins in a Belgian court..

It´s not really EC but ECJ that might rule on FFPR on behalf of EU if Du Pont wins in a Belgian court..
It was always going to be the courts rather than the EC that would rule on the case, going to the EC is just a formality.

However the second part of your post isn't correct. If Dupont wins his case in the Belgian courts, that will set a precedent for the entire EU and it will then be up to UEFA to go to the ECJ as Dupont will already have won.

It was always going to be the courts rather than the EC that would rule on the case, going to the EC is just a formality.

However the second part of your post isn't correct. If Dupont wins his case in the Belgian courts, that will set a precedent for the entire EU and it will then be up to UEFA to go to the ECJ as Dupont will already have won.

Cheers for the clarification..