Post Approval (spam)

Vinjay

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
As some will have noticed the board has been infiltrated with spam messages. It happened yesterday as well. While scrolling through the new posts tab its a waste of time seeing these. Perhaps for new members the first few posts should have to be approved. Not as a censorship tactic in the slightest just a common sense way of putting a stop to it.

Well I would hate to have to confirm I am a human every time I want to post. I just ignored the guy now all his feeds are gone from my new posts so I hope more users read this easy fix!

We added some more spam prevention things. Can't stop someone who wants to come here to spam. It's not a bot it's a real person. We just need to stay on top and keep banning the IP address.

Well I would hate to have to confirm I am a human every time I want to post. I just ignored the guy now all his feeds are gone from my new posts so I hope more users read this easy fix!

Actually, what he was suggesting is that new users' very first posts would have to be reviewed by mods/admins and approved before they could be viewed. No extra work for you guys. Some extra work for us, though ;)

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC