Questions For Claudio & Pernetti

I would hammer home how we're craving the uniform and wider apparel line.
This.

1000x this. First, jersey. Second, more merchandise of a higher quality. To me, its pretty clear the first run of clothes was just template merchandise that they quickly slapped the logo on.

Reactions: einwindir
This.

1000x this. First, jersey. Second, more merchandise of a higher quality. To me, its pretty clear the first run of clothes was just template merchandise that they quickly slapped the logo on.
Even the scarf was pressed :mad:

Hopefully people will take a list of questions from this board and certainly cover the most important ones within time constraints. Infact I would ask that we draw up a list of official questions that will DEFINITELY be asked whether on behalf of others or just yourself. Hopefully someone will note down the Q and As during meeting.

Are there any plans to ensure first game is at Yankee Stadium it not MLS then pre season?
Thoughts on MLS international Tv coverage for UK based fans in long term?
Plans for regular meetings with the supporters (only open to limited number though) with minutes at least once a month in more informal surroundings (presumably club offices I have already linked to an example of what this wuld entail)
Any chance of streaming US Open Cup games via NYCFC.com? How much of a priority will competition be in initial years?
How prioritised is the CONCACAF Champions league?
How wide will marketing scope be beyond the City? Its been noted areas like Westchester, etc have accquired considerable followings is a marketing blitz going to cover entire state?
Any plans to market New Jersey?
Plans for creative merchandise beyond tshirts and scarves? For example leather jackets perhaps?
Any plans to appoint a big name figurehead president or ambassador? Kind of like the Pele arrangement with Cosmos or maybe even a full corporate position day to day?

Vinjay Vinjay

NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan and I are going to streamline the list and @jerzy is going to be there to ask the questions if we are given the chance.

Other users that plan on attending are also encouraged to do the same, but we want to make sure one of us (admins) are they to represent the Forums.

Jerzy is also going to do his best to take notes. We would like record the entire session but neither of us own a recorder capable of doing so. So if ANY of you guys, especially those of you in journalism ( Section1Guy Section1Guy ??) Plan on attending and doing that, that would be awesome. Otherwise we'll have to dig up an old smarthphone and try that out.

Vinjay Vinjay

NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan and I are going to streamline the list and @jerzy is going to be there to ask the questions if we are given the chance.

Other users that plan on attending are also encouraged to do the same, but we want to make sure one of us (admins) are they to represent the Forums.

Jerzy is also going to do his best to take notes. We would like record the entire session but neither of us own a recorder capable of doing so. So if ANY of you guys, especially those of you in journalism ( Section1Guy Section1Guy ??) Plan on attending and doing that, that would be awesome. Otherwise we'll have to dig up an old smarthphone and try that out.

Recording it would be excellent and could be released as an "exclusive" for the Supporters Group/NYCFC Forums. Of course you better check if Pernetti/Reyna give permission though I can't really see why they would object. If the club aren't streaming or recording then its the perfect opportunity to provide content. People have talked about podcasts, etc but any opportunities to produce visual footage will be great as well. Hiring a recorder probably wouldn't be too costly I'm sure there's a fan out there willing to lend one as well.

I think you are all placing way to much importance on CFG - it was created solely as a holding company. City is no stranger to this. When Thaksin Shinawatra was in charge he created a company to distance himself from the club, and it was called UK Sports Investments Limited (on May 31st 2007) and later UK Sports Investments (on June 18th 2007), which the latter owned the former.

Both were liquidated the day ADUG bought the club.

Forget CFG, this is MCFC. Trust me on this.

If we look at MCFC you´ll notice that it´s actually two companies sharing the same accounts, one company is incorporated 1894 while the other is from 1994.
The 1994 company have a subsidiary, meaning MCFC Ltd who in turn got three subsidiaries (all carrying the Manchester City name) but all of them are based in Manchester.

Now if we look at City Football Group Ltd (CFG) you´ll notice that this holding company is 100% owned by ADUG itself, in other words.. It´s not a subsidiary to Manchester City or any other entity but ADUG, it does seem that it was incorporated 2013 but its accounts stretch further back in time (as consolidated accounts at least) and it seems like the CFG divisions (CFM and CFS) actually are in charge of stuff at all branches globally.
CFG also hold the copyrights and IP-rights to all clubs under the umbrella it seems.

But we´ll get a better view before October this year as CFG will file accounts.

So good you had to say it three times, huh? ;)

This forum and my browser... :oops:

Anyway, it´s rather funny how City seems to have a double structure right now, take a guy like Brian Marwood who most of us know as head of the academy but suddenly he´s acting in his capacity as head of City football services (CFS) with Rodolfo Borell as his own "Global Technical Director"

ADUG is the investment vehicle company directly owned and controlled by Mansour.

CFG is a holding company directly under ADUG. It is controlled by Khaldoon al-Mubarak, MCFC's Chairman. City Football Services is a second holding company which controls the scouting, performance analysis, etc services of City. These are nothing more than accounting tools, at the end of the day. They are designed so that City can announce the profits/losses of their on-field stuff separately from their off-field stuff if, say, UEFA asked that of them.

Manchester City Ltd is a holding company created to operate City. It was bought by ADUG and is now a subsidiary of CFG.

The various City companies are under Manchester City Ltd and again are accounting terms. In accounting terms it is preferable to have all the players, the manager and technical staff employed under a different legal company than the employees who work in the ticket office or the club shop. Similarly, you want a different company organising things like catering and events than the one which employs the players. Hence, there are various sub-companies which operate under Manchester City Ltd.

This is just how football clubs work. In fact, it's how businesses work in general.

Reactions: BlueWolf
If we look at MCFC you´ll notice that it´s actually two companies sharing the same accounts, one company is incorporated 1894 while the other is from 1994.
The 1994 company have a subsidiary, meaning MCFC Ltd who in turn got three subsidiaries (all carrying the Manchester City name) but all of them are based in Manchester.

Now if we look at City Football Group Ltd (CFG) you´ll notice that this holding company is 100% owned by ADUG itself, in other words.. It´s not a subsidiary to Manchester City or any other entity but ADUG, it does seem that it was incorporated 2013 but its accounts stretch further back in time (as consolidated accounts at least) and it seems like the CFG divisions (CFM and CFS) actually are in charge of stuff at all branches globally.
CFG also hold the copyrights and IP-rights to all clubs under the umbrella it seems.

But we´ll get a better view before October this year as CFG will file accounts.
Just a heads up. Looks like you accidently posted the same post 3x so I blocked the second and third one

ADUG is the investment vehicle company directly owned and controlled by Mansour.

CFG is a holding company directly under ADUG. It is controlled by Khaldoon al-Mubarak, MCFC's Chairman. City Football Services is a second holding company which controls the scouting, performance analysis, etc services of City. These are nothing more than accounting tools, at the end of the day. They are designed so that City can announce the profits/losses of their on-field stuff separately from their off-field stuff if, say, UEFA asked that of them.

Manchester City Ltd is a holding company created to operate City. It was bought by ADUG and is now a subsidiary of CFG.

The various City companies are under Manchester City Ltd and again are accounting terms. In accounting terms it is preferable to have all the players, the manager and technical staff employed under a different legal company than the employees who work in the ticket office or the club shop. Similarly, you want a different company organising things like catering and events than the one which employs the players. Hence, there are various sub-companies which operate under Manchester City Ltd.

This is just how football clubs work. In fact, it's how businesses work in general.

Exactly.. my point was that Manchester City in itself had no ownership of anything outside Manchester and most likely operate as a subsidiary under CFG just like NYCFC and the Melbourne club.

We have two conversations going here. One of them should be moved off the Q & A with Tim and Claudio board.

I mentioned this in the Facebook group. I really need someone to step up because this is a useful question. It would be nice coming from a Westchester/Connecticut supporter, but if none of us make it, hopefully an Admin will ask for us. We're a sizable group.

Will the club lean on MTA to offer direct service Metro-North trains to Yankee Stadium from Harlem and New Haven lines? Pleaseeeeeeee ask this question so they know it's important to the fans.

Reactions: einwindir
We have two conversations going here. One of them should be moved off the Q & A with Tim and Claudio board.

I mentioned this in the Facebook group. I really need someone to step up because this is a useful question. It would be nice coming from a Westchester/Connecticut supporter, but if none of us make it, hopefully an Admin will ask for us. We're a sizable group.

Will the club lean on MTA to offer direct service Metro-North trains to Yankee Stadium from Harlem and New Haven lines? Pleaseeeeeeee ask this question so they know it's important to the fans.

Our friends in Abu Dhabi got a lot of clout in Albany right now I´d say, so it might not be impossible if the right people ask..and before you ask, the CFG chairman is the CEO of the company that owns the company that owns Global Foundries

http://www.cnet.com/news/globalfoundries-ny-chip-plant-to-get-up-to-10b-boost/

I've streamlined the questions. If I happened to miss one, or if you have any other questions you would like me to add to the list, just respond - add einwindir einwindir anywhere in your comment just to make sure I get it.

@jerzy will be going to represent NYCFCforums - so if you are out of area and would like us to include something, let me know. Also, within the list compiled, if you think there is a question that deserves more attention or higher priority - let me know. I have no idea what the format will be for this Q&A so if we are limited I'd like to get the ones you guys think are most important.

Keep in mind, this is an open Q & A and the Supporters Group will have plenty of representatives to also ask questions.

Gameday
Prices? Will tickets be priced to compete with RBNY?
Will parking prices be adjusted for MLS games or can we expect to pay
the Yankees prices?
What sort of TV coverage will the games see? YES Network, Local Channels etc
Any interest in a rivalry cup against RBNY or a "Friendly" against Cosmos?
Will the first game at Yankees Stadium be a friendy; Preseason; regulat season?

Manchester City / Team Ownership

Aside from the "Manchester City Way", how much of an influence will MCFC be on NYC FC? Is Manchester City a PARENT CLUB or a SISTER CLUB?
What are we looking at as being a success during the inaugural season? In other words, what are your reasonable expectations for the first season?
DP's - Will NYC FC be a retirement home for players MC is looking for get rid of?
From your personal experience, what is the general feeling you've received from other teams/ownership in the MLS. How does the league itself view NYC FC?
Marketing / Outreach
We've already seen more advertising in these short few months than we have seen from RBNY. Will NYC FC continue to actively advertise in the boros; through upstate; NJ; CT etc?
We have many supporters in the Westchester / Connecticut areas - will the club lean on MTA to offer direct servce Metro-North trains to Yankees Standium from the Harlem and New Haven Lines?

Merchandise

When can we expect a wider merchandise selection?
Any plans for the official merchandise to be available for fans and supporters in EU?
Any idea when NYCFC plans to unveil kits?

Supporters Group

Not including SG logos and/or merch: Are there any issues using NYC FC logo on gameday flag, banners and tifos? Flyers for gameday events? Or any other non- commercial uses?
Will there be any incentives for Supporters Groups? ie discounted tickets? vouchers?
Where is the Supporters Section going to be? How many tickets will be alotted to the SG?
Will Yankees Season Ticket Holders receive any benefits?
Are there plans to hold regular meetings with us, the Supporters Group?

Sporting Related

How will we build this team in regards to drafts, DP's and loan opportunities?
What level of spending is the ownership willing to commit to our marquee players?
Does NYC FC place any importance on CONCACAF Champions League?

Our friends in Abu Dhabi got a lot of clout in Albany right now I´d say, so it might not be impossible if the right people ask..and before you ask, the CFG chairman is the CEO of the company that owns the company that owns Global Foundries

Apologies, but this is way too good to pass up.

How good is this phrase?
"Abu Dhabi-based Advanced Technology Investment Company plans to drop $10 billion into GlobalFoundries' semiconductor factory in New York"

Drop $10b? Who the hell simply drops $10b? LOL

Apologies, but this is way too good to pass up.

How good is this phrase?
"Abu Dhabi-based Advanced Technology Investment Company plans to drop $10 billion into GlobalFoundries' semiconductor factory in New York"

Drop $10b? Who the hell simply drops $10b? LOL

People with trillions upon trillions worth of assets apparently .. ;)

As for a Q.. How many ST deposits and how many ticket pledges so far?

Oh, I can answer that one for you.......

"I don't have the exact numbers, but sales have been quite brisk and we're very happy in the direction it's been going." ;)

As a side note, I was listening to the Fran-say-so program on WFAN this afternoon. That season ticket ad ran again and the "be one of the first 3,000" come on was mentioned. FWIW that can mean anything........either they didn't hit that mark or they just don't want to put out a new updated commercial yet.