RBNJ Fans Only Have 2 Things Left To Cling To: LET'S TAKE ONE OF THEM!

As I said to a RBNJ friend after the game, "at least you still have 2 things: 7-0 and a regulation pitch."

That's literally it. They have nothing else on us any more.

Not much we can do about the pitch size, but we can take 7-0 back from them.

I suggest the fine folks in the supporter's section put their heads together and come up with a chant that takes 7-0 and reclaims it for City. If we adopt a 7-0 chant, reclaim it and make it our own, they will have nothing.

It's like if Ranger fans started their own 1940 chant in the early 90s just to F with the Islander fans.

Get to it, people cleverer than me!
Supporters Shields?

It's not too small. For you, it's insane to be playing in a baseball stadium. For us, it's insane to have a team playing in NYC.

If you're not from NY or even northern NJ, it's difficult to appreciate how difficult it is to build in the city at all, let alone for a SSS. The NFL is the most profitable sports league in the world and they couldn't build a new stadium for the Jets in NYC. I'm not sure our new friend understands that reality yet.

Reactions: Ulrich
If you're not from NY or even northern NJ, it's difficult to appreciate how difficult it is to build in the city at all, let alone for a SSS. The NFL is the most profitable sports league in the world and they couldn't build a new stadium for the Jets in NYC. I'm not sure our new friend understands that reality yet.

Yeah, I hear you. I think they do understand the difficulty but they have a very specific way of doing things. They are meticulous. I have no idea how they will get an arena deal done but I know they have pretty much unlimited money. It will come and the impossible will have been made possible.

Reactions: Ulrich and SanBartG
They certainly count but it's not the final prize here.
I like to think of it as a package deal. When I see a menu and can't decide between two, I order both, so for 2017, I'd like both a Supporters Shield and an MLS Cup. I skipped the appetizer USOpen Cup.

The size is regulation, but the minimum regulation (110 x 70). Some people think that affects the game a great deal, but I don't see it.

I don't think anyone that's been on the pitch thinks it's a full 110x70.

I always say that I'd rather be ManCity B than Red Bull Three.

I don't think anyone that's been on the pitch thinks it's a full 110x70.

Glen Crooks says he has paced it off at that size. One set of the Fox or ESPN announcers did the same in 2015.

It's easy to prove it is 70 yards wide. Look for the hashmarks on either side of the penalty area on the end line. These are placed 11 yards from the corner to indicate the spot 10 yards from the spot of a corner kick (the corner circle is 1 yard in diameter). On our pitch, those are 2 yards from the penalty area, and the penalty area is 44 yards long.

The math is 1+10+2 = 13 | 13 x 2 =26 | 26 +44 = 70.

Reactions: canchon and adam