Section1Guy

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 22, 2014
White Plains, NY
www.msgvarsity.com
Hey guys,

I'm John. I work for MSG Varsity as a writer and web editor. I'm from Westchester County.

I've only been a soccer fan since the 2002 World Cup, but pretty much USMNT only (Been trying to start an AO Westchester chapter actually). Once Fox Soccer came around, I started picking up some Premier League, but I just never watched consistently enough to be a fan of any team specifically. I usually just rooted for players I liked from international play.

I thought I was going to turn into an Arsenal fan because of its connection to YES. Anyway, I never followed MLS much but when the Red Bulls built RBA I figured I'd jump on board, but nothing about RBNY screamed I want to like them. Then, NYC was announced, and I knew from the get go that I'd be a season ticket holder... which I am (although i guess we're just depositors).

As a huge sports fan my whole life, I've been Yankees only pretty much. football, basketball, soccer... always followed players not teams. I can't describe how pumped I am to finally have a team to call my own while getting sick to my stomach over losses and high as kite over wins.

Anything else we should share?

Any other Westchester County NYCFC/USMNT fans?

Hey guys,

I'm John. I work for MSG Varsity as a writer and web editor. I'm from Westchester County.

I've only been a soccer fan since the 2002 World Cup, but pretty much USMNT only (Been trying to start an AO Westchester chapter actually). Once Fox Soccer came around, I started picking up some Premier League, but I just never watched consistently enough to be a fan of any team specifically. I usually just rooted for players I liked from international play.

I thought I was going to turn into an Arsenal fan because of its connection to YES. Anyway, I never followed MLS much but when the Red Bulls built RBA I figured I'd jump on board, but nothing about RBNY screamed I want to like them. Then, NYC was announced, and I knew from the get go that I'd be a season ticket holder... which I am (although i guess we're just depositors).

As a huge sports fan my whole life, I've been Yankees only pretty much. football, basketball, soccer... always followed players not teams. I can't describe how pumped I am to finally have a team to call my own while getting sick to my stomach over losses and high as kite over wins.

Anything else we should share?

Any other Westchester County NYCFC/USMNT fans?
Thanks for joining John!
I tried checking out the MSGVarsity site, looks like you need to be an Optimum Customer. In what capacity do you write for them?

Thanks for joining John!
I tried checking out the MSGVarsity site, looks like you need to be an Optimum Customer. In what capacity do you write for them?

Yea... there should be some subscription-free content there too, but our draw is to grab Optimum subscribers. Anyway, I was a staff writer for the Hudson Valley/Connecticut region for a few years. A few weeks ago, I was promoted to senior editor of New Jersey, so most of my work is covering the Garden State now.