Red Bull Fans Trying To Justify Their Location

Today Forbes released the list of most valuable soccer teams in North, Central and South America: Red Bulls were the most valuable MLS team and were 5th overall on that list. Pretty surprising. Sporting KC was 8th and LA Galaxy was 9th. Seems to me that the common link there is all 3 own very good SSS. I'll try to find the link to the article I read earlier today.

Edit: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...rth-south-america-this-list-may-surprise-you/

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Does no one see the irony in shitting on the RedBulls for not being in NYC yet welcoming fans from all over to NYCFC? Does the idea of 'SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB' not apply in MLS? Just asking

Does no one see the irony in shitting on the RedBulls for not being in NYC yet welcoming fans from all over to NYCFC? Does the idea of 'SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB' not apply in MLS? Just asking

Hi Grandsolo

We agree on most issues and MCFC have a tradition of local support, but on this one I have to say, if they are putting money into the CFG which will eventually be part of one of the GFG clubs then let them support the team wherever they are from.

Although as the MLS is into trades, lets ask as a trade they accept MUFC are not from Manchester an are merely imposters ala NJRB's.....

Reactions: grandsolo

That applies to me -- that's why I never paid any attention to MLS until NYCFC came around. They are my local club after all.

I kinda wanna troll this chick. I live like 20 mins from her and work like 10......I want walk into her studio wearing my NYCFC Jersey :)

Anyone else in the Area up for a "NYCFC Occupy Nyack Outting"? lol

Reactions: BxLio91
That applies to me -- that's why I never paid any attention to MLS until NYCFC came around. They are my local club after all.
I get what you are saying. I'm from NJ and proud. Root for the Devils over the Rangers. Always found it wrong the Red Bulls branded as NY and when I got more into MLS just couldn't back them. Back in the days of the Metrostars I was more casual but that name was acceptable. For me, rooting for NYCFC is as easy as rooting for the Yankees. I'd love to see more NJ'ers root for NYCFC.

In general, it's cool to be a fan of a team from another region as I've been a Redskins fan for years. So, to each is own. Whether they play in your backyard or back on the other side of the world, a fan is a fan no matter what.

Reactions: PatrickRivera
The problem is, or was, is because of ignoring the stupid Red Bull sponsoring, and silly uniforms, and actually being in New Jersey; people from NY that wanted to support a local team had really no option other than NYRB. Now that theres a genuinely exciting team actually from NY, what are the fans supposed to do? Ditch the club they've supported for years. I for one am loving the rivalry that is starting :)

Reactions: Pattyboybx