Redbull Academy

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
puts FOUR players onto Tab Ramos' U-20 Team.

That's amazing. That's the kind of in-roads we need to make with our programs. And there was an Orlando Academy player who is from New Haven, CT who gets a call-up as well.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Hopefully we can tap into the CT shoreline area and southern Jersey. Those areas are probably the most talent rich in the regions.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm pretty sure all of New Jersey is claimed by RB or Union. NYCFC will have to be content w/ NYC, a bit upstate and maybe western CT.

NYC could have a lot of talent. It's really never been "mined." But that's 10 years away. It would take at least that long for any of the development to come to fruition. Soccer is completely unique in that regard. There is an opportunity to start recruiting from the tens of thousands of super talented athletes located just inside the city itself.

Reactions: Fantazma
If you look at the elite kids from RB academy a lot are from the NY Metro area. The ones that aren't are predominantly from Northern Jersey as well. I imagine that our academy will eliminate most of the elite kids in NY leaving for Jersey.

This is a very talent rich area for young prospects. I think our academy will be very successful and in short order will become one of the more prominent academies in the states.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I agree with you.

For those who are interested, these are the "big" NYRB Academy names. All of these kids have already played at U-20 with the USMNT. Three of them are from New York State. I don't know the rules about which team gets whom moving forward...

Santiago Castano - Queens, NY - Goalkeeper
Evan Louro - Ridgefield, NY - Goalkeeper

Matt Miazga - Clifton, NJ - Defender
Andrew Lombard - Montclair, NJ - Defender

Christopher Lema - Ridgefield, NJ - Midfielder
Alex Muyl - Georgetown, NY - Midfielder
Adam Najem - Clifton, NJ - Midfielder

Juan Sanchez - Ossining, NY - Striker

I agree with you.

For those who are interested, these are the "big" NYRB Academy names. All of these kids have already played at U-20 with the USMNT. Three of them are from New York State. I don't know the rules about which team gets whom moving forward...

Santiago Castano - Queens, NY - Goalkeeper
Evan Louro - Ridgefield, NY - Goalkeeper

Matt Miazga - Clifton, NJ - Defender
Andrew Lombard - Montclair, NJ - Defender

Christopher Lema - Ridgefield, NJ - Midfielder
Alex Muyl - Georgetown, NY - Midfielder
Adam Najem - Clifton, NJ - Midfielder

Juan Sanchez - Ossining, NY - Striker

I believe the rules are 75 mile radios from the academy. So our territories will overlap. The kids will choose which one they want to join. It could change with the new CBA but as of now that is my understanding of how it works.

Reactions: Kjbert