Rumor: Nycfc Negotiating To Sign Drogba

He would have to accept basically the league minimum, right? How much salary cap do we even have? And roster spots? And international spots? Garber? Garber? Core Designated International player?

The real focus of the article is that he wants to play in MLS. I get the feeling they just threw our team in there because we've been at the center of so many of these rumors.

I got the same vibe. Its pretty evident the writers don't know mls salary cap rules.

Id take mashamaitte over drogba even if drogba was willing to (which he isn't) go non dp. Give me some defense and ill be a happy man.

Drogba will prob end up in LA, with garber making up another rule to squeeze him in there.

If I recall drogba was offered 10 million a year by mls when he left Chelsea but he decided to take the money in China instead.

He had his chance to come to MLS. His time has passed.

I could not imagine going to play in some hellhole like China or the middle east just for the money. Total lack of self respect. I would not want any player that went to any repressive women hating country to play just for the $ on our team

People kept sending the damn tweet to us and asking us on our personal accounts it just needed to be thrown out there. But yeah Daily Mail.

Enough said.
Says a lot about our papers that the mail is seen as one of our better papers.
Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the rules ( that no one understands gets changed to allow this to happen ) maybe register him as a player coach or something daft ?

Reactions: Goodfella
Love that if you go on FB the people are like omg Drogba. We're talking to Drogba. And everyone here's like ... It's not even possible. Just stop.
Brings a tear to my eye.
You've built quite a community here. Thanks again. Fills my free time between games. I know I used to do other stuff. But I can't remember what.

Says a lot about our papers that the mail is seen as one of our better papers.
Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the rules ( that no one understands gets changed to allow this to happen ) maybe register him as a player coach or something daft ?
I'd be extremely surprised. Last I heard he was asking for Lampard and Pirlo money.

No one will give him that for a half season. I've followed the Prem for a while so I don't trust the Daily Mail much. Wish they'd stay out of MLS "reporting"

I'd be extremely surprised. Last I heard he was asking for Lampard and Pirlo money.

No one will give him that for a half season. I've followed the Prem for a while so I don't trust the Daily Mail much. Wish they'd stay out of MLS "reporting"
I'm sure if they want him money is no object to cfg they could find a way .maybe pay him a low wage and get him to become the USA face of etihad and run his wage through them or something

I'm sure if they want him money is no object to cfg they could find a way .maybe pay him a low wage and get him to become the USA face of etihad and run his wage through them or something
While I would love that, the outcry from the league and the other fans would be ridiculous…

Actually no, that's exactly what I want. Make it so Sheik!

While I would love that, the outcry from the league and the other fans would be ridiculous…

Actually no, that's exactly what I want. Make it so Sheik!
You will no better than me but didn't they just invent rules to allow Beckham in to guest for la galaxy for a few games in between the Olympics and playing for Milan and PSG ?

You will no better than me but didn't they just invent rules to allow Beckham in to guest for la galaxy for a few games in between the Olympics and playing for Milan and PSG ?
Wouldn't surprise me. They created the DP specifically for him.

My first impression is that you have to know nothing about MLS structure to think Drogba could come to NYC. Then I realize you have to know nothing about MLS to think they wouldn't create a new rule to allow him to come to NYC if that's what he wanted.

So the point is, the more you know about MLS, the less you know about MLS.

Fight_Club_0476.jpg

I could not imagine going to play in some hellhole like China or the middle east just for the money. Total lack of self respect. I would not want any player that went to any repressive women hating country to play just for the $ on our team

Wow. If you're only willing to live in a country without social equality problems, you're better off just floating in the middle of the ocean for the rest of your life living off sea turtle meat.

Don't mean to turn this into a political debate, it's just that your phrasing was super jingoistic. Just want to say as someone who lived in China for a while, and spent time in a few countries in the Middle East (each country is very different there, don't lump them together), that these places can be very nice with wonderful people.