Saunders officially traded to Orlando!

Great news. The 4th round pick is probably just a throw in item to complete the trade. Our biggest gain is his contract off our books. We suddenly have a little more financial flexibility and allows us to cut Mix if it comes to that.

fantastic news.

what boggles my mind though, what the hell was the front office doing giving him and extended contract?! The damage is done; how can you have faith in a front office like that.

Great news. The 4th round pick is probably just a throw in item to complete the trade. Our biggest gain is his contract off our books. We suddenly have a little more financial flexibility and allows us to cut Mix if it comes to that.
Yep, they had to give something up for it to be considered a trade, and a 4th round pick is about as minimal as a team can go. Far less valuable than Gam/Tam, even in the $50k range.

A brief moment for some positivity around Josh:

(1) He (and Jason Hernandez) had unbelievable games in that Portland win last year back when Portland was still considered very good and we were just starting to come out of the early season funk. That was still one of the most fun matches of the year even if an unfortunate byproduct might have been that it cost us having EJ get a start in the following mid-week match in Toronto.

(2) The scene of him hitting his head on the post in the opener in Orlando in 2015 is forever seared into my daughter's mind as her first real NYCFC memory. Not sure it was a red letter day for concussion protocols, but it has stayed with her for sure.

Clearly a good move for the team (thanks Kreis) and it will be nice to not have to watch him kick the ball anymore or flop around on corners, but there are some good things to remember.

fantastic news.

what boggles my mind though, what the hell was the front office doing giving him and extended contract?! The damage is done; how can you have faith in a front office like that.
Remember that everybody has made mistakes in their lives, and most started with alcohol, the subsequent reduction of cognitive clarity, and the awful realization at daybreak.

EVERYONE GETS A LIKE! SAUNDERS IS GONE! AND ORLANDO IS PICKING UP HIS ENTIRE CONTRACT!

GIF PARTY!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

fantastic news.

Remember that everybody has made mistakes in their lives, and most started with alcohol, the subsequent reduction of cognitive clarity, and the awful realization at daybreak.
That was also done prior to Vieira's arrival so he had no input in the decision in terms of actual on the field assessment. I'm sure it would have turned out differently.